• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

C28CZalXgAAO_3o.jpg:large

No the most flattering cartoon from the Scottish Sun (fuck the Sun) there is it?

Grado was on the red carpet doing interviews for Lad Bible (fuck Lad Bible), got snubbed by Begbie.

Wonder how much these side gigs like the pantomime and BBC stuff are doing for him. Hasn't made an appearance for ICW since Fear & Loathing, dunno about TNA.

Kaladin

Friends, it's time for a survey!

What is the biggest traditional story turning point in WWE:

A) Royal Rumble

B) Fastlane / Elimination Chamber

C) Wrestlemania

D) Raw after Wrestlemania

E) Money In The Bank

F) Summerslam

G) Survivor Series

Sephzilla

Friends, it's time for a survey!

What is the biggest traditional story turning point in WWE:

A) Royal Rumble

B) Fastlane / Elimination Chamber

C) Wrestlemania

D) Raw after Wrestlemania

E) Money In The Bank

F) Summerslam

G) Survivor Series

I'd say the Rumble. Raw after Mania means nothing anymore. Nothing from WM32 mattered. Summerslam doesn't really matter.

GTA V was okay. It remains on the right side of my shelf with other games I started, but didn't keep playing. So take that, Anth0(dimes)ny!

Mahonay

Banned
GTA V was okay. It remains on the right side of my shelf with other games I started, but didn't keep playing. So take that, Anth0(dimes)ny!
Never finished playing it on 360, but played the PS4 Remaster all the way through. Great game. Really enjoyed inhabiting that world. I loved just slowly cruising around and enjoying the beautiful vistas.

Zach

You guys just need to embrace these old bastards or stop watching. You're lucky Dory Funk, Jr. isn't winning the Rumble.

Unless...

Never finished playing it on 360, but played the PS4 Remaster all the way through. Great game. Really enjoyed inhabiting that world. I loved just slowly cruising around and enjoying the beautiful vistas.
The remaster made a huge difference. I beat it on both ps3&4 but looking at the scenery through the ps4 waa great and worth the wait

Zach

I liked GTA V a lot. I've thought about playing through it again on PS4.

It's no Red Dead Redemption, though, AM I RIGHT?!

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
The mid-match commercial breaks WWE does are the fucking worst. Imagine if we reached the fourth quarter of an NFL game and they went to commercial mid-play of a potential game-winning drive.

What's really crazy is that they never used to do that, I have no idea why they changed it. So so stupid.

Sephzilla

What's really crazy is that they never used to do that, I have no idea why they changed it. So so stupid.

They used to have mid-match commercials in the early days of Raw. Then it went away during the Attitude Era because WWE didn't want to risk losing ratings at all. Then it came back once the competition was gone.

They used to have mid-match commercials in the early days of Raw. Then it went away during the Attitude Era because WWE didn't want to risk losing ratings at all. Then it came back once the competition was gone.

Also, the general impression I get from Americans is that ad breaks in general were becoming an intrusive pain in the arse on top of it. Whenever I watch Raw live it feels like a break every 5 minutes because of the damn 20 minute promos.

One of the main things WoS got right was keeping the breaks between matches.

Kaladin

Alternative Fact : Matches feel bigger when they have a commercial break that splits them between two segments of the show as opposed to being one segment.

The whole Royal Rumble PPV actually doesn't seem too bad. The rumble itself should be fun for how unpredictable it is, Cena vs Styles rematch should be great, Owens vs Roman can benefit from the No DQ stipulation, even the Cruiserweight match could be fun.

Bayley vs Charlotte can either be good or a dud given we've seen it so many times already in the past month.

Sephzilla

The Zayn/Rollins match last night was a hilarious case of mid-match interruption. We watch the full intros for both Rollins and Zayn, and then like 2 minutes into the match they cut to commercial. Like, seriously, we've all seen their entrances a million times by now - use that as a commercial break

More importantly, WHERE is the avatar rumble taking place? I need to edit that info into my masterful opening post.

twitch.tv/sephzilla

Top Bottom