• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Kaladin

The brand split makes it harder to pick a clear winner because you can give it to either brand and both brands have possibilities at this point.

Have Rusev be number one and have the first three or four entrants be jobbers. In between eliminations he goes 2010 CM Punk rumble and talks on the mic, shouting about how America sucks and no one from there can eliminate him.

Then that iconic theme hits.

Kaladin

The Royal Rumble is the only time of the year when WWE captures the pure excitement of wrestling. It's larger than life with huge stakes and a huge 30 man playing field. It often has an air of unpredictability about it, much more than regular events. It sets the stage for the big one.

Caderfix

Yup. Feeling better about this Rumble than the past couple of years. Although I'm still 50 percent anticipating an awful finish.

I'm optimistic about this Rumble, which sometimes is not a good thing, but still, I don't expect them to screw it up this time around, maybe next year, but not this year.

Have Rusev be number one and have the first three or four entrants be jobbers. In between eliminations he goes 2010 CM Punk rumble and talks on the mic, shouting about how America sucks and no one from there can eliminate him.

Then that iconic theme hits.
As much as we all love Titus, I wouldn't call his music legendary

yet.

shaowebb

2mIeu.gif

The entire fucking match. Dude is completely gassed. He's like a drooly doddering frasier crane bubbling around the ring. He doesn't need a final match...just send him away.

Triple H/Undertaker at WM 28 is a phenomenal match, even though it's not a great HIAC match.

I can get why people think the WM 27 match is boring, but this one has Shawn Michaels giving it his all during every lull period. It's fantastic stuff.

Triple H/Undertaker at WM 28 is a phenomenal match, even though it's not a great HIAC match.

I can get why people think the WM 27 match is boring, but this one has Shawn Michaels giving it his all during every lull period. It's fantastic stuff.
Maybe it's because I wasn't watching at the time, but I just wanted it to fucking end already.

Sephzilla

I don't like the WM28 match because it needed every gimmick in the book to make it interesting. Also, it took finisher spam and kicking out of finishers to a stupid level after Taker took a Sweet Chin Music directly into a Pedigree onto the steps and still kicked out.

Anth0ny

wrestlemania-xxviii-28-the-undertaker-triple-h-and-shawn-michaels.jpg

legit wish this was taker and hunter's final match

but this is the world of carnies, so

audxir5gs59nt2zwws3mrtsvn.gif

END OF AN ERA was and still is stupid, though.
I don't like the WM28 match because it needed every gimmick in the book to make it interesting. Also, it took finisher spam and kicking out of finishers to a stupid level after Taker took a Sweet Chin Music directly into a Pedigree onto the steps and still kicked out.
I dunno, I think it's kind of silly to complain about the dispensation a match gets to make it good.

We saw what happened at WM 32 when a Triple H match tried to go 30 minutes without that.

Pw0ae1G.gif

Don't know what you guys are talking about takers last matches were good he can still go. And I'll take the part timers over the main full time roster. I don't care about how they need to give these young guys a push, they simply aren't interesting. Also wasn't gaf giving really positive reactions to the brock matches in 2015

I treat wwe just like any other tv show because its not a sport and its fake. As long as they look the part character wise that's all that matters. I don't go for example that wolverine guy needs to stop hogging the spot light from that new up and comer night crawler.

Ronin Ray

I just caught up on NXT and Take Over San Antonio doesn't seem that great to me. But since the royal rumble is here maybe I will try to get tickets even though I am sure it's too late.

Don't know what you guys are talking about takers last matches were good he can still go. And I'll take the part timers over the main full time roster. I don't care about how they need to give these young guys a push, they simply aren't interesting. Also wasn't gaf giving really positive reactions to the brock matches in 2015

I treat wwe just like any other tv show because its not a sport and its fake. As long as they look the part character wise that's all that matters. I don't go for example that wolverine guy needs to stop hogging the spot light from that new up and comer night crawler.
Now dream has an alt account?!?

Hasney

So do most sane people, but if the show isn't entertaining like, for instance, Undertaker matches, then I'll go find something else to do.

It's not that he's old, it's that he can't go anymore.

To be fair, I'm happy for the match as long as it doesn't go on too long. With the women being good now, I need a good piss/shit break.

I just caught up on NXT and Take Over San Antonio doesn't seem that great to me. But since the royal rumble is here maybe I will try to get tickets even though I am sure it's too late.
I feel there's a strong chance the next Takeover might be kind of bad. If Nakamura is in phone it in mode, his match with Roode will probably be average and the others matches on the card don't really scream good matches.

Top Bottom