• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
I mean the only people who seem to be legit over on Raw right now are Jericho and New Day, it makes logical sense for Owens/Jericho to be the main event for Raw at mania. However you never know when "make Roman look strong" overcomes logic. It is amazing how badly Raw has seemingly ruined everyone except Jericho. I assume thats cause Jericho does whatever he wants at this point. I still fear Roman goes into Mania with the belt and the torch is passed when he pins Goldberg.

Skeletos311

I was afraid Goldberg might have concussed himself on his locker room door after hearing him botch that promo.

Intercontinental title. lol

Mahonay

Banned
What if they diagnose Goldberg with a concussion and he's out for the Rumble? That would be the most Goldberg Goldbergy thing that has ever Goldberged.

WWE's wellness and injury protocols don't apply to part timers though.

He can actually portray a monster with the way he moves, looks and hits. He is green, sure, but he is improving fast and in a few areas he is already good. He plays the "mountain" role well and due to all of that has the potential of being something that is currently missing, an actual "monster". Anytime he shows up to ruin stuff or completely dominates his opponents it is one of the highlights of the show.

Braun is one of my favorites currently.

Mine too. Braun has a presence that can't be ignored.

With that said, He suffers from what hurts a Nia Jax (but not to the extent) and that is he can't disguise what a good person he is and he has yet to completely engulf himself into the role. Braun, the performer, is a super young and sweet dude and there are moments when his face reactions expose that. The dude needs to find what has worked for Mark Calloway and go from there. He has the look, a limited moveset i hope that is expanded on later, and the will to improve, but he needs to fucking own that character somehow.

What if they diagnose Goldberg with a concussion and he's out for the Rumble? That would be the most Goldberg Goldbergy thing that has ever Goldberged.

Mahonay set himself up for a roll and proceeded to roll himself up in the same post. A true worker.

Kaladin

16265815_1247531598627764_6007558051767456649_n.jpg

miserable

GPnkykg.gif

this match must have been a pretty big deal in Japan back then. I always wondered why did New Japan chose to put over Tenryu in the main event at their biggest show 2 years in a row, against Riki and Inoki no less.

Zach

What if doctors were like "Golddaddeh, you're the greatest of all tiiime, but you can't wrassle no more, daddeh! You're in perfect physical condition and will live a long a wonderful life, but you can never take a bump again, if you weeeill!"

And we could all just fondly remember that Brock squash being the end of the storyline and know that it would eat Vince up inside. That would be great!

Caderfix

...a limited moveset i hope that is expanded on later...

You know, I actually think it'd be better if it didn't. Well placed shoulder tackles, a couple of stiff forearms, a corner splash and a badass finisher is perfect for the monster character, in my opinion. To me the fact that there's no glam, no technique or anything like that, just Braun overpowering everyone and doing whatever he wants because of that is what makes me enjoy watching him so much.

somedevil

I still think him insisting of punching real glass instead of fake glass leading him to a lot of blood is worse.

I just seems the Cavs lockers are a lot harder than all the other lockers he headbutted it seems.

Mahonay

Banned
Brock's shirt uses the Cavaliers logo as the C.

Between that, the Cena PBR shirt, and now the Cena Florida Gators merch, what's with WWE and aping copyrights these days?
The MACman does whatever the fuck he God damn well pleases! If you send lawyers they will be murdered by Jimmy Snucka's ghost. I'll make it go away like it never happened. This is MY reality. I use other people's logos at my discretion. I sign it all off in the privacy of my office where everything is legal.

Sephzilla

Put me down as another person who thought Goldberg probably lightly concussed himself. He was talking funny

Rusev should totally come out to Angle's theme in the Rumble to piss people off.

I actually think we'll get an Angle/Rusev confrontation in the Rumble.

somedevil

Taker, Goldberg and Lesnar are definitely going to be in the final five.

In 2017.

People do know that Lesnar and AJ Styles are the same age right? I can understand the goldberg and undertaker complaints but the Lesnar one is harder when he is the same age as Cena and Styles.

In the current WWE men start usually on the main roster in their late 20's early 30's while the women start in early 20's.

People do know that Lesnar and AJ Styles are the same age right? I can understand the goldberg and undertaker complaints but the Lesnar one is harder when he is the same age as Cena and Styles.

In the current WWE men start usually on the main roster in their late 20's early 30's while the women start early and mid 20's.
My complaint is more part timers controlling the rumble. AJ and Lesnar are the same age sure, but AJ works full time.

Sephzilla

This is probably the first Rumble in which I can't point out who I think will win. I have no idea and I like it.

I'm on the same boat, actually. The Rumble is naturally better when there is no clear cut favorite. This is why I wish WWE would do an "off-season" and kick off the new season with the Royal Rumble. No pre-existing story lines going in = more unpredictable feeling.

Top Bottom