• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Sting got his spine fucked up because some fucking unsafe indie worker just had to get his spots in.
kualIA8.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Unlees Cena ties at the rumble, loses the title and breaks the record at wrestlemania

If Cena wins at the Rumble, I can only imagine AJ is getting the title back at Elimination Chamber to set up another match. I just don't see them wasting the opportunity for a Cena/AJ match at WrestleMania.

Also, I've been saying this for literal years now, but when are they going to fucking turn Rusev babyface? Rusev and Lana would be over as FUCK as babyfaces and Rusev has that goofy teddy-bear thing that would clearly work as a babyface.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
So, since Rollins lost to Zayn and HHH really didn't show up, is he just not on the PPV at all? Seems odd that you have spots for Mojo Rawley, but not Seth.

He better not be interfering for Reigns in the title match.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So, since Rollins lost to Zayn and HHH really didn't show up, is he just not on the PPV at all? Seems odd that you have spots for Mojo Rawley, but not Seth.

I practically guarantee Seth is at the Rumble in some capacity. He's the biggest actual babyface on the A brand.

Pikma

Banned
I think it's pretty clear WWE doesn't need Kenny and Kenny does certainly not need WWE, so the amount of $$$ they offer to him will depend on how badly they want to screw NJPW for attempting to expand

I still think Kenny will stay though

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
If Cena wins at the Rumble, I can only imagine AJ is getting the title back at Elimination Chamber to set up another match. I just don't see them wasting the opportunity for a Cena/AJ match at WrestleMania.

Also, I've been saying this for literal years now, but when are they going to fucking turn Rusev babyface? Rusev and Lana would be over as FUCK as babyfaces and Rusev has that goofy teddy-bear thing that would clearly work as a babyface.

I still miss him as the unstoppable force honestly.

Lana was over in that segment on Raw when they teased her fighting.

Rusev needs to hit his head and lose some memories and start loving America and see himself as America's Greatest Hero rather then Enemy.

imBask

Banned
I think it's pretty clear WWE doesn't need Kenny and Kenny does certainly not need WWE, so the amount of $$$ they offer to him will depend on how badly they want to screw NJPW for attempting to expand

idk man... WWE kinda needs him because the only way they can stay on top is by bleeding everyone out of talents

klonere

Banned
I think Joe is more needed on smackdown. If he interferes in Cena vs Aj that sets up the elimination chamber match where the title is next defended. We could have a long winded feud with Joe and Cena or even the 3 of them because they all have history with each other. The good the bad the ugly. Joe the definite heel, AJ the grey in between, Cena the babyface.

Yeah that's definitely a great plan, especially with the connection between all three.

Still, a super stiff Roman vs Joe match would be magical. They could even play up the Samoan stuff, the chosen family vs an er, regular Joe (sorry).

TheStruggler

I practically guarantee Seth is at the Rumble in some capacity. He's the biggest actual babyface on the A brand.

In all honesty I still dont buy rollins as a babyface, I still think the crowd doesnt know what they should do. His turn was handled poorly and people are still like "well he backstabbed the shield" etc If they wanted his face it should have been when he returned from injury he was hot then, returns are always a great opportunity for a switch in character

It's Titus.

Was it last year that he avoided being the quickest elimination ever, or the year before? Titus gonna pay for annoying Vince.
Two years ago I think. Plus I think with the whole Daniel Bryan retirement episode, Titus has long paid for annoying Vince.

I don't think Titus is in it. He had a segment with the New Day where he failed to win one of their rumble entrants I believe.

Yeah that's definitely a great plan, especially with the connection between all three.

Still, a super stiff Roman vs Joe match would be magical. They could even play up the Samoan stuff, the chosen family vs an er, regular Joe (sorry).
Technically it will be Joe vs Joe.

TheStruggler

did I find vince's gaf account?

Anth0ny

of course not

but you could have said the same thing about nakamura

if ANYONE in the wrestling world starts to get hot and is not in wwe, they put out that fire before it even happens

just look at this uk shit

Mahonay

Banned

That sounds awful.

Sephzilla

Hey guys, Avatar Rumble related question

So, unfortunately some personal stuff came up on my end and I'm not sure if I'll be available to run the Rumble on Friday. Would anyone object to moving it to Saturday before NXT Takeover or perhaps to tomorrow night?

So, unfortunately some personal stuff came up on my end and I'm not sure if I'll be available to run the Rumble on Friday. Would anyone object to moving it to Saturday before NXT Takeover or perhaps to tomorrow night?

Both are good, but take whatever time you need

That's fine. I don't mind what day it happens. Real life stuff is more important then the carny business of video games that will probably have HHH going over.

Pikma

Banned
idk man... WWE kinda needs him because the only way they can stay on top is by bleeding everyone out of talents
In a couple of years it'll be illegal to have a non-WWE affiliated indie wrestling promotion, and even if you managed to have one in your basement you'll only have monkeys at your disposal because every human being with the capacity to job to Roman Reigns in any kind of fashion will be signed by then

"Welcome to Les 24 Heures de Wrestlemania!!"

I can already see it

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
In all honesty I still dont buy rollins as a babyface, I still think the crowd doesnt know what they should do. His turn was handled poorly and people are still like "well he backstabbed the shield" etc If they wanted his face it should have been when he returned from injury he was hot then, returns are always a great opportunity for a switch in character

He never had a faceturn. People were cheering him because, as his return showed, people want to like Rollins. Then he reconciled with Reigns and assaulted a poor, helpless Jericho and his reactions seem to have gotten a lot more mixed.

klonere

Banned
Yup. It's like when people say Nakamura's being wasted in NXT - he's not main eventing New Japan shows, so to WWE it's far from a waste.

Yup, that's how I've squared it as well. Asset denial rather than a legit needed hire.

Technically it will be Joe vs Joe.

Holy shit now they have to run it

did I find vince's gaf account?

That sounds awful.

Guys are you telling me that you don't want a pissed off Smo Joe telling Roman that he's only here because he had the right last name and Joe had to scrape and claw his way here and he wrestled Kobashi along the way so now he is going to beat the shit out of Roman to prove who is da best.

Cmon guys!

Last call.....

is anyone interested in a Royal Rumble Lottery this year? I can set it up.

By all means set it up. Last year's was a bit of a cluster fuck set up at the last minute with like 4 different lotteries going on. It was fun though so hopefully you can figure out a way to make it work.

Pikma

Banned
Yup. It's like when people say Nakamura's being wasted in NXT - he's not main eventing New Japan shows, so to WWE it's far from a waste.
Nakamura is not being wasted by WWE since like it or not he's being used as a draw for NXT tours, Nakamura is being wasted by the guy behind the character

Kaladin

Official WrassleGaf Royal Rumble Lethal Lottery:

The rules:

You must be a regular in Wrasslin' threads to enter. I will cross check every entry with this month's top poster list and if you have not posted at all this month, your entry will not be accepted. I will also check posters with 1 post to see if people are commenting just to get in.

PM me to enter, only PM entries will count.

You will be assigned a number by the order you have entered. If there are more than 30, we will have more than one person with the same number.

Once you get your #, root for the person who comes out to win.....it could be Hacksaw Jim Duggin, Goldberg, Brock Lesnar, The Boogeyman, Finn Balor and many more!

The deadline is Friday January 27th at 5pm. At this time I will compile the list of names and assign numbers.

One final rule : have fun with it.

PM me to enter.

Top Bottom