• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Ever? Or right now? No particular order for these lists. Just sticking to WWE:

Ever:
Undertaker
The Rock
Edge
Jeff Hardy (before he left the wwe)
Chris Jericho

Right now:
AJ Styles
John Cena
The Miz
Chris Jericho
Samoa Joe
macho-vince-high-five.gif

Kaladin

Fun fact : the last time Wrestlemania was in Florida, Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn were headlining one of Ring of Honor's shows that weekend.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I miss Sunny. I have no idea what he was thinking with that bet.

I could swear that we were shutdown till Feb and had no OT2?

This is like the one year anniversary of getting shutdown. We got shutdown for the remainder of January and the only discussion we had was the official Rumble thread.

Sephzilla

WrassleGAF was shutdown on January 21st last year due to a massive wellness investigation. One year later we're clean, healthy, and better than ever!

imBask

Banned
So, abandoning wrassle completely? Or do you watch other stuff? I can't remember what you do, imbask.

WWE is wrasslin, the only other shows worth a shit are Wrestle Kingdom and BoLA

and WWE is absolute shit right now, like probably the worst it's ever been overall. Don't get me wrong the wrestling is good from time to time but the shows are just unwatchable and cringy and bad

WWE is wrasslin, the only other shows worth a shit are Wrestle Kingdom and BoLA

and WWE is absolute shit right now, like probably the worst it's ever been overall. Don't get me wrong the wrestling is good from time to time but the shows are just unwatchable and cringy and bad

It was worse in 94.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yup. It's like when people say Nakamura's being wasted in NXT - he's not main eventing New Japan shows, so to WWE it's far from a waste.

I honestly doubt WWE really cares that much about what NJPW is doing. NJPW doesn't threaten WWE in any real way.

In the WWE alone?

In no particular order

AJ Styles, Finn Balor, Chris Jericho, Bobby Roode, and Nikamura..

No.. I am not not an indie junkie.. I come from the Attitude era (Rock, Austin etc) but I can recognize talent from a mile away.. And Roman has negative 0. Again just in my humble opinion ;)
giphy.gif

Mahonay

Banned
probably but I mean I was 4 years old, i'm talking from a personal standpoint

This is supposed to be the best part of the year for wrestling, pre-rumble up until Mania, and I still can't find a fuck to give
Hmm? This year is way more interesting than last year's awful pre-Rumble going-ons.

Even if overall shit is still pretty bad.

imBask

Banned
and i'm a huge AJ mark but why would I watch Smackdown, it feels like the lesser show and it is

and they ruined AND pushed Talking Smack an hour later

Hmm? This year is way more interesting than last year's awful pre-Rumble going-ons.

Even if overall shit is still pretty bad.

what's interesting? Owens vs Reigns with the stupid Jericho cage gimmick? it's so bad... and that's the MAIN ANGLE

Sephzilla

Real talk though - I seriously feel like WrassleGAF is a lot better off than where it was a year or so ago. It feels like we're a more inclusive and friendly group around here and it doesn't seem like we have huge blow ups around here anymore like we used to have. I feel like it's in large part due to a certain handful of posters no longer coming in here and passive aggressive trolling everyone, plus everyone just started being excellent to each other

Angry Grimace

Oh they care more than anyone in their spot should.

I mean, I guess its theoretically possible they're offering Kenny a million bucks just to spite a random other company that presents no meaningful threat to WWE, but I consider it a lot more likely they liked what they got with AJ Styles and think Kenny could do the same thing. Which is true. Kenny would get a huge pop, and would be instantly over the same way AJ Styles is over. I can't speculate how much AJ Styles is worth to WWE, but I'm relatively certain its one of the most successful signings they've done in years.

How many guys like Kenny Omega or AJ Styles actually exist? Meaning dudes who can sign and be main eventing shit in a month? There's really not many, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if they sincerely want to get the guy in.

Top Bottom