• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Reigns is never going to be the guy they want him to be, but he could be the next Orton? I mean, thats not a terrible place to be. As much as it pains me because he is boring as shit, Finn is going to be the guy that they want. If he stays healthy that dude is a merch selling machine.

they want to keep reigns babyface thats fine, however have Finn be babyface for a LITLLE then join him up with the club to fuck shit up. The fans will drool all over it, we haven't had a heel group in such a long time. Strap Gallows and Anderson and strap Finn, have them dominate the wwe for a while. I'm tired of the authority, and HHH even coming back to face rollins was inevitable but still

I wish they would have kept Seth in the rumble. They could have easily furthered the feud by having Triple H run in during the rumble to eliminate Seth which would have been a good moment instead of Triple H causes him to lose his chance in the rumble.

My only hope is somehow Seth turns up at Takeover out of nowhere to assault Triple H because that would be something really good to do.

TheStruggler

How was Smackdown?

It was decent, not the greatest it had its moments but nothing stood out to me this week

Finn returning at number 30 would be nice. I think depending on how hot the crowd is they would lose it when that thump thump noise starts.

Yep if cleared he has to be 30, crowd would be lit. Honestly I say make him win the rumble have him be babyface and turn before wrestle mania with the club.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Someone over the age of 35 really is gonna win the rumble.

The fact I have legitimately no idea who will win the Royal Rumble is awesome. I think it would be stretching it to suggest anyone's gonna be seriously mad if Undertaker, Lesnar or Goldberg wins the Royal Rumble. All of those guys will elicit big cheers from all sectors. Roman's not in the Rumble so anyone who wins is going to get a big pop.

If Taker is still in there, it will get a strong reaction.

I would be exceptionally surprised if we hit 30 and Goldberg/Lesnar/Taker aren't all still in there.

Honestly, I'm pretty pumped for the Rumble (I always am anyways since its by far my favorite PPV gimmick) but there's a lot of things that can develop just based on the Rumble itself this year - Lesnar/Goldberg; Undertaker's WM opponent, Rolllins is technically not on the show but I'm almost certain he will be in the Rumble anyways (a good gimmick for this is to say Shane gave him one of SD's spots to screw with Stephanie), possibly Jericho doing something after however the Owens match goes, the likelihood of a Samoa Joe debut.

Sephzilla

Imagine if we had a Rumble where the final five was something like Styles, Balor, Zayn, Owens, and Joe

If Taker is still in there, it will get a strong reaction.

Yeah, if we get some kind of Demon Balor vs Undertaker tease the crowd will probably mark the fuck out

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
they want to keep reigns babyface thats fine, however have Finn be babyface for a LITLLE then join him up with the club to fuck shit up. The fans will drool all over it, we haven't had a heel group in such a long time. Strap Gallows and Anderson and strap Finn, have them dominate the wwe for a while. I'm tired of the authority, and HHH even coming back to face rollins was inevitable but still

It might work with Finn, but I kind of assume they're going to keep him face because of his upside with the kids. Something like that is definitely needed for Gallows/Anderson though. Only thing that can save their careers in the WWE.

Caderfix

The fact I have legitimately no idea who will win the Royal Rumble is awesome. I think it would be stretching it to suggest anyone's gonna be seriously mad if Undertaker, Lesnar or Goldberg wins the Royal Rumble. All of those guys will elicit big cheers from all sectors. Roman's not in the Rumble so anyone who wins is going to get a big pop.

That's what I think too. There's no wrong choice, except for the R-Truths and Mojos involved. Anyways, I'm excited for the Rumble for the first time in a long while.

TheStruggler

Yeah reading the Smackdown recap it seemed pretty ho-hum. Think I'm just gonna skip it considering how much wrestling I'll be having to watch Saturday and Sunday.

if you wana watch it watch it for the Aj and Cena Promo's. AJ was self aware and Cena came off as a heel but is still a babyface. Was good

Sephzilla

Sting probably shouldn't go for a "one last match" type of deal, but if he did I think he'd try to push for a Sting vs Undertaker match. On the upside, Taker is probably one of the safest guys he could work with

klonere

Banned
jaDIg08.gif

Bless the few moments where Roman's just a bit of an asshole babyface. Much better then the happy go lucky babyface.

Am fucking men

VSdyaqR.gif

And then you could build to a feud of

Rd2fkD7.gif

vs

zuYGNy6.gif

Someone over the age of 35 really is gonna win the rumble.

You know for as much people shit on the poster and the go home segment, none of the old guys have to win the Rumble at all. In fact, there isn't really a strong case for any of them winning - sure they will be prominent figures but I can totally see Brock and Goldberg eliminating each other, brawling around and setting up that match, while Taker gets eliminated by ??? to setup that match. Taker matches don't need titles, nor does the Brock/Goldberg one (even if Goldberg did mention the title in his er, "promo").

Very promising Rumble imo.

TheStruggler

It might work with Finn, but I kind of assume they're going to keep him face because of his upside with the kids. Something like that is definitely needed for Gallows/Anderson though. Only thing that can save their careers in the WWE.

I totally understand on keeping Balor face cus the merch the kids will buy and the face paint and and masks etc however gallows and anderson alone fucking up the wwe means nothing. Especially since their feud with the New Day which pretty much stopped any momentum they had, I feel they need Balor in their corner just to stand out more.

Sephzilla

I'm actually really excited for this Royal Rumble because I legitimately have no idea who's going to win it and a ton of the potential picks to win it all seem like really good picks.

I'd be cool with Taker winning, Goldberg, Sami, Lesnar, Balor, Miz, Joe, Cena, even Strowman

I still stand by what I said Sami winning RR I ain't backing down.

Man, if KO would beat Roman and Sami would win the Rumble we'd potentially have a GOAT main event at WrestleMania

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone

I doubt it will happen, but I can't personally think of a result that would make me happier. I know we've seen it a million times, but I would love to see an Owens/Zayn WM main event. Zayn would probably straight up murder Owens on live tv.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

If I had to make an educated guess, I'd say I think Brock Lesnar is winning by eliminating Goldberg, who then takes the title at Fastlane (Goldberg is wrestling at Fastlane, but Lesnar isn't) in a triple threat or fatal four way (which would be a good way to avoid exposing Goldberg's in-ring weakness) with Owens/Roman/Jericho.

TheStruggler

Am fucking men

VSdyaqR.gif

And then you could build to a feud of

Rd2fkD7.gif

vs

zuYGNy6.gif

You know for as much people shit on the poster and the go home segment, none of the old guys have to win the Rumble at all. In fact, there isn't really a strong case for any of them winning - sure they will be prominent figures but I can totally see Brock and Goldberg eliminating each other, brawling around and setting up that match, while Taker gets eliminated by ??? to setup that match. Taker matches don't need titles, nor does the Brock/Goldberg one (even if Goldberg did mention the title in his er, "promo").

Very promising Rumble imo.

I think Joe is more needed on smackdown. If he interferes in Cena vs Aj that sets up the elimination chamber match where the title is next defended. We could have a long winded feud with Joe and Cena or even the 3 of them because they all have history with each other. The good the bad the ugly. Joe the definite heel, AJ the grey in between, Cena the babyface.

Sephzilla

What has Miz been doing on Smackdown lately? Him losing the Intercontinental Title feels like perfect timing for him to get a main event push, which is why I think Miz is a big dark horse

Goldberg vs Lesnar 3.0 has me slightly worried given I think now they'll try to make it an actual match that goes a decent amount of time.

What has Miz been doing on Smackdown lately? Him losing the Intercontinental Title feels like perfect timing for him to get a main event push
He lost the rematch clause last night which means his and Ambrose's feud should be over.

Tall4Life

I wish they would have kept Seth in the rumble. They could have easily furthered the feud by having Triple H run in during the rumble to eliminate Seth which would have been a good moment instead of Triple H causes him to lose his chance in the rumble.

My only hope is somehow Seth turns up at Takeover out of nowhere to assault Triple H because that would be something really good to do.
I liked the angle from Raw as it was totally obvious and expected that Trips would interfere with Rollins at the Rumble otherwise.

TheStruggler

Don't do drugs

Why in my personal opinion Cesaro and Shaemus just aren't cutting it as champs and we need heels for the tag team division. Cesaro should be main event status while Shaemus could be after the US title, that or he could easily be used on smackdown.

Angry Grimace

I also think the correct move with Cena is to end the match on bullshit shenanigans (e.g. the Club comes back) and set up a rematch for WrestleMania. Those are by-far your two biggest stars on SmackDown and there's no fucking reason to not have them in the biggest SD match at WrestleMania.

The big question mark in all of this is still Roman Reigns, in my opinion. I have no idea what he's supposed to be doing at WrestleMania. If I was fantasy booking it, I would have Samoa Joe in the Rumble and have him come out of it looking strong and have him face off with Roman in a SAMOAN SHOWDOWN MATCH (first person to hit 5 Samoan Drops wins) and then after WM have Joe be a free agent like Slater who gets in a kayfabe bidding war with Shane and Steph.

Like some others have said before, if Miz gets a main event push it's likely post Wrestlemania.

I liked the angle from Raw as it was totally obvious and expected that Trips would interfere with Rollins at the Rumble otherwise.
Yeah, it was predictable but at the same time you're taking out one of your top guys from the royal rumble. Is Seth gonna miss out? If so that sucks that the guy misses the match twice in a row.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
Why in my personal opinion Cesaro and Shaemus just aren't cutting it as champs and we need heels for the tag team division. Cesaro should be main event status while Shaemus could be after the US title, that or he could easily be used on smackdown.

I've said for ages, you need legitimate heels in the tag division. Revival would fit the bill, but I'm hoping they go to Smackdown. Gallows/Anderson being in a stable with a main eventer thats over on the level of Finn or AJ definitely might make them viable again.

Mahonay

Banned
What has Miz been doing on Smackdown lately? Him losing the Intercontinental Title feels like perfect timing for him to get a main event push
They've been sticking him closer to main title going-ons. But Ambrose has been going over him a lot lately in IC Title matches, and it's working for Ambrose as people are getting behind him again. Not sure where Miz goes next.

TheStruggler

I've said for ages, you need legitimate heels in the tag division. Revival would fit the bill, but I'm hoping they go to Smackdown. Gallows/Anderson being in a stable with a main eventer thats over on the level of Finn or AJ definitely might make them viable again.

yep I hope the Revival go to smackdown as well the tag division there as of now is shit. Americn Alpha needs a team to put great matches on with regardless if they get title shot after title shot, if the matches are great no one will care. Take time and tell a good story. Gallows and Andeson were viable until AJ left, then they were kind of thrown to the side. They need "the" guy on their side to boost them up as credible and a dominate force again.

I also think the correct move with Cena is to end the match on bullshit shenanigans (e.g. the Club comes back) and set up a rematch for WrestleMania. Those are by-far your two biggest stars on SmackDown and there's no fucking reason to not have them in the biggest SD match at WrestleMania.
I just can't see Cena tying the record at the rumble. It's a big Wrestlemania moment.

I can still sort of see AJ winning, this time by cheating or something because of course. And then Cena wins the rumble.

Cena vs Styles is the best main event to go with for Wrestlemania. It'll be a great match, the crowd won't shit on it like they did to last year's and it's a match that will attract attention.

TheStruggler

I just can't see Cena tying the record at the rumble. It's a big Wrestlemania moment.

I can still sort of see AJ winning, this time by cheating or something because of course. And then Cena wins the rumble.

Cena vs Styles is the best main event to go with for Wrestlemania. It'll be a great match, the crowd won't shit on it like they did to last year's and it's a match that will attract attention.

Unlees Cena ties at the rumble, loses the title and breaks the record at wrestlemania

Top Bottom