• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It's also possible Meltzer was butthurt as fuck over getting the AJ Styles/Nakamura/Club news leaked just before he could put out audio on it.

Speaking of WOL. Someone Tweet this to Alvarez and get a response on the show...

Got an email...

O7rpsGm.png

Is the "Winner Main Events Wrestlemania" new info? They never usually single out they are getting the main event slot, just a title shot.

He seems confident that Goldberg/Lesnar is the Mania main event regardless of the Rumble outcome.

Zach

OH!

I just remembered going to MAYBE a pay-per-view where MAYBE Matt Hardy returns to face Edge??? In OKC??? With my old friend Lucas???

I'll be back.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I can't imagine a vince mcmahon world where Brock vs Goldberg is not the main event.

They've gone full-in on "MAIN EVENT WRESTLEMANIA IF YOU WIN RUMBLE." So the only way that happens is if Brock Lesnar wins the Rumble. When they used to hedge it they'd just say "title opportunity" so that they could position the Rumble winner lower on the card.

But they had serious issues last time with putting the belt on a part timer due to the fact they don't appear at house shows to defend it, so it would be odd and nobody on the roster is even vaguely presented as likely to defeat Lesnar (well, Roman, I guess).

They've gone full-in on "MAIN EVENT WRESTLEMANIA IF YOU WIN RUMBLE." So the only way that happens is if Brock Lesnar wins the Rumble. When they used to hedge it they'd just say "title opportunity" so that they could position the Rumble winner lower on the card.

But they had serious issues last time with putting the belt on a part timer due to the fact they don't appear at house shows to defend it, so it would be odd and nobody on the roster is even vaguely presented as likely to defeat Lesnar (well, Roman, I guess).

Eh, they've walked back on this stuff before. Look forward to a "Double main event".

Brock/Goldberg didn't main event 20, why would it main event now?

Because Brock's not leaving this time round and Goldberg's build wasn't screwed up this time round.

Zach

Unforgiven 2005.

You would have also seen the match where the crowd pretty much fully turns on Cena, IIRC.

:O :O :O

Looking at the card, I barely remember anything. So lapsed. I know we made signs. Lucas made one for The Undertaker (haha, Lucas). I think I remember Flair because that was fun. And Matt/Edge because somehow I was informed about the Lita stuff. Don't remember crowd reactions at all.

Weird.

I thought the majority in this thread didn't like Edge, is that wrong?
Really? I don't know why people would unless they just hold a lot of resentment over his last run being pretty boring.

He was pretty much the best heel in the company from 2006 to 2009, and there are very few WWE guys that have as many high quality matches under their belt as Edge.

Skeletos311

I've never listened to much US radio, but I'm listening to WOL on Tune-In Radio and those adverts are HURTING ME.

This isn't what real radio stations get. This is the equivalent of the commercials you see during late night TV here. In fact, some of these guys also advertise during ROH TV when it's on here late at night.

If Kenny Omega is going to announce what he's doing next on a Wrestling Observer podcast, doesn't that pretty much mean it's not WWE?
Yup. I mean, he could announce he's leaving New Japan, say, and not where he's going. But there's no way he gets to make the WWE announcement when they would want to announce it and hype it, or have a surprise fuckadoo.

"On the contractual statuses of WWE UK talents, HHH said the talents are not forbidden to work for promotions outside of WWE as long as those shows are not promoted beyond live events. As for the talents who were recently pulled from UK promotions outside of WWE, Triple H said some promoters were trying to change things and distribute the event, and he has asked that they try and work with WWE. Triple H went on to say there is a lot of confusion about WWE coming into The UK, but it’s on the other promoters who want to do things the way they want."

Caderfix

Really? I don't know why people would unless they just hold a lot of resentment over his last run being pretty boring.

He was pretty much the best heel in the company from 2006 to 2009, and there are very few WWE guys that have as many high quality matches under their belt as Edge.

I remember saying that if I could bring one wrestler back from injury it'd be Edge and that was followed by some posts saying he sucks.

Maybe they didn't really dislike Edge, they just didn't like that I was bring him back instead of Austin or Bret.

Yo, there is a NXT takeover SAT. I totally forgot about that.
It feels fucking weird to feel meh over a Takeover but excited for a main roster PPV. Usually it's the other way around.

With a card that's Nakamura vs Roode, DIY vs Authors of Pain, Asuka vs Nikki Cross vs Peyton Royce vs Billie Kay, Roderick Strong vs Cien and Young vs Dillinger, I'm not expecting much.

Hasney

It feels fucking weird to feel meh over a Takeover but excited for a main roster PPV. Usually it's the other way around.

With a card that's Nakamura vs Roode, DIY vs Authors of Pain, Asuka vs Nikki Cross vs Peyton Royce vs Billie Kay, Roderick Strong vs Cien and Young vs Dillinger, I'm not expecting much.

Dunno, I'm pretty meh for the Rumble too. Seriously feels like only Joe in the Rumble and the AJ/Cena match will get me excited, and only one of them is guaranteed to happen.

Skeletos311

I'm ready for a Glorious NXT champ.

I'm afraid Asuka will lose the belt. A 4 way is the perfect setup to have her lose without being pinned.

BFIB

Dunno, I'm pretty meh for the Rumble too. Seriously feels like only Joe in the Rumble and the AJ/Cena match will get me excited, and only one of them is guaranteed to happen.

I'm pretty excited for the RR. I think its all but assured Joe is going to be making his debut here?

Angry Grimace

Eh, they've walked back on this stuff before. Look forward to a "Double main event".

Because Brock's not leaving this time round and Goldberg's build wasn't screwed up this time round.

Right, the main event is the one that goes on last. But they could just not say that if they weren't gonna put it on last.

imBask

Banned
could Jeff Hardy show up at the rumble? and I don't mean by mistake because he's high, I mean like, officially

TNA contracts can't be very solid, right?

I'm interested in a few rumble matches like AJ vs Cena, the rumble match and Bayley vs Charlotte. I'm interested in pretty much none on Takeover with the exception of the fatal four way mainly because I wonder if Asuka will lose the belt by not getting pinned.

It's just so weird because Takeover always has at least one match that guarantees a fantastic match.

Angry Grimace

Alvarez actually brought up a pretty good point (for once), which is that they should consider prolonging Cena/AJ for WrestleMania given that they managed to successfully get the Today Show and its hosts involved in the match promotion.

imBask

Banned
Alvarez actually brought up a pretty good point (for once), which is that they should consider prolonging Cena/AJ for WrestleMania given that they managed to successfully get the Today Show and its hosts involved in the match promotion.

but that's why Cena is winning the Rumble, to face AJ at Mania

Hasney

could Jeff Hardy show up at the rumble? and I don't mean by mistake because he's high, I mean like, officially

TNA contracts can't be very solid, right?

They are and the Hardy's contracts run out in Feb. Just in time for that Wrestlemania moment

Top Bottom