• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

I thought this was a cool Kane storyline at the time, even though I have no real memory of how it was put together all these years later...

YeJSr29l.jpg

Looking back, in one night it somehow mixed implied sexual assault with crude humor. I guess I was easily amused with horrible TV. This Kane emotional scream is amazing though.

2 out of 3 falls matches in WWE are really fucking dumb, they blow their load way too quickly. Somebody always gets a pin within a couple of minutes then the other wrestlers follows it up a couple of minutes later so it just ends up being a regular match.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
2 out of 3 falls matches in WWE are really fucking dumb, they blow their load way too quickly. Somebody always gets a pin within a couple of minutes then the other wrestlers follows it up a couple of minutes later so it just ends up being a regular match.

The match of the year last year in WWE was a 2 out of 3 falls match. It's an NXT staple gimmick these days. It was mostly Sami Zayn's signature match but they haven't done it on the main roster.

Barrage

I thought this was a cool Kane storyline at the time, even though I have no real memory of how it was put together all these years later...

YeJSr29l.jpg

Looking back, in one night it somehow mixed implied sexual assault with crude humor. I guess I was easily amused with horrible TV. This Kane emotional scream is amazing though.

It had some interesting moments, but the "payoff" of Kane chokeslamming/Tombstoning Torrie while the entire arena cheers hasn't exactly aged well.

Mahonay

Banned
DIY and The Revival pulled out the WrassleGAF Match of the Year with a 2/3 falls stipulation.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

I was just thinking this last night as I was watching the '89 Royal Rumble that had a pretty good 2 out of 3 falls match between Hart Foundation/Duggan and Bravo/Rougeaus.

Pikma

Banned
I had a nightmare the other day in which I was watching Impact Wrestling and suddenly Neville showed up, he had a slightly different name that I can't recall and had a super hero gimmick, like the original on WWE but even cornier

It was horrible..

Striker

I was just thinking this last night as I was watching the '89 Royal Rumble that had a pretty good 2 out of 3 falls match between Hart Foundation/Duggan and Bravo/Rougeaus.
SummerSlam 1990 tag title match between the Hart Foundation and Demolition was really good.

Zach

Is the Jimmy sunnka tribute video the most tasteless thing WWE had done?

Benoit tribute (but they didn't know, I guess)? Vince interviewing Brian Pillman's widow and pressuring her into saying WWF wasn't at fault or something (I don't really remember, I just know it was the moment I knew Vince McMahon was a terrible human being)? Stephanie McMahon's 9/11 thing (JESUS CHRIST)?

There's been a lot of bad stuff.

Mahonay

Banned
Is the Jimmy sunnka tribute video the most tasteless thing WWE had done?
It's up there.

Although if you combine the entirety of WWE's and Vince's relationship with Snuka, it's probably the most tasteless and morally corrupt thing the company is directly connected to.

Sephzilla

Forbes did a list of who statistically had the best Royal Rumble performance of all time based on time spent in the match and on quality of opponents they eliminated.

1 -
Ric Flair [1992]
2 -
Steve Austin [1997]
3 -
Chris Benoit [2004]
4 -
Rey Mysterio [2006]
5 -
HBK [1996]
6 -
Yokozuna [1993]
7 -
HBK [1995]
8 -
Hulk Hogan [1990]
9 -
Randy Orton [2009]
10 -
Lex Luger [1994]

Notable others:
11 -
Vince McMahon [1999]
15 -
Roman Reigns [2015]
23 -
Bret Hart [1994]
30 -
Alberto Del Rio [2011]

Mahonay

Banned
Forbes did a list of who statistically had the best Royal Rumble performance of all time based on time spent in the match and on quality of opponents they eliminated.

1 -
Ric Flair [1992]
2 -
Steve Austin [1997]
3 -
Chris Benoit [2004]
4 -
Rey Mysterio [2006]
5 -
HBK [1996]
6 -
Yokozuna [1993]
7 -
HBK [1995]
8 -
Hulk Hogan [1990]
9 -
Randy Orton [2009]
10 -
Lex Luger

Notable others:
11 -
Vince McMahon [1999]
15 -
Roman Reigns [2015]
23 -
Bret Hart [1994]
30 -
Alberto Del Rio [2011]
Wooooooooooooo

Zach

Here's my old post about Vince being a monster:

Jeeeeesus Christ. Just watched Vince McMahon interview Brian Pillman's widow THE DAY AFTER HE DIED. If anyone thinks Vince is a decent human being, watch it. He's a complete scumbag. Asked questions such as "have you had any opportunity to think about what you, now as a single parent, will do to support your five children?" Such a class act.

And my former tag team partner Bluekaveli's response:

Yeah, many cited this as the most tasteless WWE moment.

YeJSr29l.jpg

Even as a kid I hated them giving Kane real life human emotions. I remember the time they showed him in a jogging suit and I was like, "wtf?".

Top Bottom