• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Cena's promo made no sense, but in typical Cena fashion he thinks if he says it with enough gusto and intent it'll come out sounding IMPORTANT AND PASSIONATE etc.

AJ saying the truth and that is why Cena gets so upset, cause he knows it. For a guy who always hassles people about making excuses he is damn sure making a lot of excuses lately.

Then he just starts spouting nonsense about how BEING A MAN MEANS ADMITTING WHEN YOU'RE WRONG, YOU AIN'T NO MAN THOUGH YOU JUST A BITCH. What are you even talking about? Literally nothing to do with the truth AJ was bombarding you with. :\

Cena's promo made no sense. He seemed disproportionally mad at AJ for calling him a hypocrite yet his counter promo had practically nothing to do with anything AJ actually said.

I don't know if the idea was to make Cena look like a hypocritical asshole or what but I don't really get it. Granted, he's a cocky asshole more often than not but he just came off as out of touch there.

The biggest wtf part was Cena saying you come down this ramp because you have to. I come down because I want to... right after AJ had talked about working school gyms for crowds of zero because of his love for the industry.

Cena's promo was bad in context of the segment. It was boarderline heel if they had the guts. It was nonsense as a baby face promo.

Nekofrog

Banned
first time watching njpw as a sit through event and holy shit i fucking love the presentation. simple fade ins and out for replays, plain ring, the ultra-sports fdgdshjshgfkhdhkdfhkgfdhkfdgjheiathgdkbjgljfknsgjn

RBH

Look at how confused all those Fatlanta fans are

Where's your defense of this, RBH and DM??

raw

UberTag

Soooo... how about that Okada / Omega main event classic?
If you didn't scope out WK11 tonight, you missed out on something special.

Best Japanese guy vs. Canadian guy match since Nakamura vs. Zayn last April.

I feel like I need a cigarette after that WK main event.
I don't even smoke.
That's how I feel. I was jumping up to the close calls at the end. That missile dropkick to the back of the head was fucking insane. I then thought Kenny died when he was launched over the top through the table.

Brinbe

A big money event/main event that constantly delivers, props to NJPW for that insane consistency. They never disappoint. And for constantly pushing boundaries and quite frankly, setting new standards in the artform. It's a friendly reminder of what's possible and why, at its best, Wrasslin is pretty fucking awesome.

I hope I can breathe properly again before I go to bed.

That was fucking amazing.

Omega vs Okada was MOTN. Followed by Goto vs Shibata, then Naito vs Tana and KUSHIDA vs Takahashi. For me, anyway.

WK11 was amazing every match delivered the ROH title bout between Cole and O'Reilly was a bit odd but well worth watching.

Naito and Tanahashi had a barn burner, which was followed by Omega vs Okada which is a strong contender for match of the year. 45 minutes of pure action including some insane table spots. Tons of finisher teases spots. Thecfinish itself was brutal. I will watch it again later.

Edit: decided to do a more full write up.

Ambrose no selled and made the match look total shit.

He does this fucking infuriating temporary sell. "Oh my leg hurts so I'll punch it ALL BETTER KICK IN THE FACE!" I really am settling into actual hate for him, of late. I'd rather watch Roman than him - at least Roman kind of sells. And he doesn't do The Lunatic Lariat, the single worst move in modern wrestling: no speed, no power, it's clumsy to set up, and it has never ever once actually looked good.

Miz's promo on Talking Smack was, as per, totally great. It reached a level of feeling genuinely troubled for him. I thought he was going to hurt himself, so that's good.

When they finally clear Bryan for a few matches - believe - the match between him and The Miz is going to be one of the greatest of all time. That promo package alone will justify it.

Kurita

Ah, didn't see that. What did he do?

He yelled on Renee for being biased, yelled on DB for giving Ambrose a title shot, it was great. He kept saying there was a conspiracy against him. He was about to snap lol
I guess he dropped a F bomb cause they censored something, too.

Beefy

He does this fucking infuriating temporary sell. "Oh my leg hurts so I'll punch it ALL BETTER KICK IN THE FACE!" I really am settling into actual hate for him, of late. I'd rather watch Roman than him - at least Roman kind of sells. And he doesn't do The Lunatic Lariat, the single worst move in modern wrestling: no speed, no power, it's clumsy to set up, and it has never ever once actually looked good.

Miz's promo on Talking Smack was, as per, totally great. It reached a level of feeling genuinely troubled for him. I thought he was going to hurt himself, so that's good.

When they finally clear Bryan for a few matches - believe - the match between him and The Miz is going to be one of the greatest of all time. That promo package alone will justify it.

Thanks!

Yeah I agree with what you said about Ambrose. As for Miz, I use to not be able to watch his matches. But damn he has come a long way, probably the best heel WWE have.

He yelled on Renee for being biased, yelled on DB for giving Ambrose a title shot, it was great. He kept saying there was a conspiracy against him. He was about to snap lol
I guess he dropped a F bomb cause they censored something, too.

May have to give it a watch.

Sephzilla

Miz is the best midcard heel champ the company has had since The Rock was Intercontinental Champion, and Miz might even be better than that.

Sephzilla

Says the guy with the Robocop avatar. :p

The day I stop loving either Robocop or Terminator (only up tp T2 I refuse to acknowledge anything beyond that) I will be officially dead inside).

I was hoping someone would catch that, lol.

Man, both of those franchises really went off the fucking deep end after their second movies, didn't they?

Beefy

Man, both of those franchises really went off the fucking deep end after their second movies, didn't they?

Bit like my fave old school movie Predator. One good and one decent movie then just shat on.

Hasney

Miz is the best midcard heel champ the company has had since The Rock was Intercontinental Champion, and Miz might even be better than that.

Miz probably is better, because after about 2 months, Rock just started becoming the face he became with his lines and shit. Not that it was a bad thing at the time, but Miz is defo channeling more raw heel.

Aron Rex said:
Impact Wrestling's management has done what a few people were scared to do -- give me a microphone on live TV. Now I am not going to stand out here and talk about glass ceilings and brass rings and any other kind of cliche. I am going to do what I always have done and that is come out here and tell the truth. I am going to speak with full disclosure and for those that used to employ me -- don't worry, because this is not about you. This is about something near and dear to my heart, something that I've always put first and foremost in my career: the paying customer, the supporter of professional wrestling, the fans. Over the course of the past five years, me having this philosophy, some people have labeled me too entertaining to receive opportunities to compete for world titles. But remember this, and I mean this from the bottom of my heart, no matter what any majority shareholder, CEO, or authority figure may want you to believe, anyone who has ever set foot in any ring has always worked directly for all of you.

So, Impact, here we are.

Let's talk about opportunity. Now, there are some that are preordained to receive opportunity after opportunity after opportunity and in the process not only is your intelligence insulted but your opinions are thrown out the window. There are others that on an even playing field seize opportunity. Right here on Impact Wrestling, right here in TNA, this is the proving ground where a talent can pass or fail, succeed or not succeed, based on talent alone.

Do we really need proof? I'll give you proof: EC3, Drew Galloway, Bobby Lashley, I mean there's even a guy called Brother Nero that I hear everybody talking about but I haven't met him but he sounds pretty good. You get my point.

When I first came here there was a graphic that said 'he's doing it his way.' This is my way: even playing field, take and sieze opportunity, exercise and realize my full potential. ... But mark my words, my way is simply proving it here. And my way is not only going to change the landscape but is going to change the very template of our industry. And for those of you that know me personally you know I'm telling the truth.

I've been called many names over the years. I'm going to keep it real with you guys -- my name is Aron and as of right now, as of this second, Aron Rex's new home is Impact Wrestling.

still makes me smile and laugh as hard as when it first aired

Truth although Robocop (2014) was decent.That said I was not intimidated by the villains. I just thought they were smarmy pricks hiding behind in built safeguards ( that red and blue asset load of crap) and a small army lead by Jackie Earl Haley. The villain played by Keaton was more in the mould of Dick Jones (directive 4 and his use of SWAT specifically)

But even then while the reboot villains were doing the hearts and minds propaganda schtick. Jones just says "fuck that" and has his competition whacked.
Where as Boddicker did not need that plus while he ran his mouth, he was a straight up stone cold killer.

Recall

Watching WK11.

Bucks vs Vice sucked. It was just moves and flying about for shit sake. It was awful. Instantly forgettable junk.

Top Bottom