• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Watching WK11.

Bucks vs Vice sucked. It was just moves and flying about for shit sake. It was awful. Instantly forgettable junk.

It really wasn't. All year RPG Vice had been losing because of Rocky and it almost broke up the group. This match was about him having to stand alone and get the win with Baretta laid out. Not a great match or anything but it told a clear story, and yes there were moves around it.

Raw64life

I'm sure anyone here who isn't watching NJPW already probably isn't ever gonna watch it for whatever reason but it bears repeating for the Nth time. Boy are you missing out. Main event went over 45 minutes and was never boring. What a fucking wrestling show.

That's how I feel. I was jumping up to the close calls at the end. That missile dropkick to the back of the head was fucking insane. I then thought Kenny died when he was launched over the top through the table.

I thought he might've Rick Ruded himself for a second. He came pretty close.

I'm sure anyone here who isn't watching NJPW already probably isn't ever gonna watch it for whatever reason but it bears repeating for the Nth time. Boy are you missing out. Main event went over 45 minutes and was never boring. What a fucking wrestling show.

Agreed completely. The sympathies for WWE's audience just went down even further than a lifetime of both Mania 32s and whatever the fuck that Raw post-show debate was could ever achieve

Kaladin

I'd subscribe and watch if it was exactly as convenient for me as the WWE Network, Raw64life.

Pretty much this. If they truly embraced their international audience and gave us an English portal without having to use translators I would give it a shot.

On a similar note, I'm finally giving Progress Wrestling a shot. I now have a Roku where I can watch it on TV instead of just a PC.

I'd subscribe and watch if it was exactly as convenient for me as the WWE Network, Raw64life.

Starting to sound like CENA with all these excuses.

It was entirely what you'd expect a WWE version of First Take, with questions about what the fans think and want, to be. People were either pissed or laughing watching

You mean Bring it to The Table? I thought you were talking about Raw Talk. That looked like someone wanted a wrestling version of Princess (which could be fine, but that really wasn't).

Oh, so the debate thing turned out to be trash?

Heyman came across like a fuckhead in the 'should Raw be 2 hours' bit. Despite the third hour generally tanking and ratings going down the drain, everyone still shilled the three hour program and anyone who disagreed was a stupid mark who should try and run their own promotion.

Although, it was proabably a work to piss people off to get them to talk about it and keep watching/hate watching.

I dunno. After tonight I feel like it will be really hard to get into WWE programming for a while. Similar to after last years G1.

Between NJPW, Stardom, DDT Universe and Progress I really dont need WWE, but I am an idiot and probably wont cancel my sub.

miserable

C1VaoqbUcAIjuqq.jpg:small

Now watching - Jun Akiyama vs Kenta Kobashi - AJPW 17/9/1992

Loving this Kobashi Iron Man DVD boxset especially his early 90s bouts with Stan Hansen.

I didn't see this but apparently the judge preceding over the Snuka case has dropped all charges.

All charges were dropped against WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy Snuka today at an unscheduled hearing in Allentown, PA by Judge Kelly L. Banach, according to WFMZ-TV. The judge ruled that Snuka’s mental health will not improve enough to stand trial.

Snuka was facing third-degree murder and involuntary manslaughter charges in the 1983 death of his then-girlfriend Nancy Argentino at a motel in Whitehall Township, PA. Snuka’s lawyers have argued that he has dementia and is not fit to stand trial. Both the prosecution and the defense asked the judge to drop the case back in August if she believed Snuka’s health would not improve. The judge needed more time to evaluate Snuka’s condition and made her ruling today.

cordy

Banned
Ambrose has a pic for his haters who think he shouldn't be holding the midcard title and main eventing as we know he will.

Dean_Ambrose_protitle--473b4b0fb255e95937b7e444b28df8cd.png

Zach

I like when there's a Triple H match and I get to fast-forward for like three minutes because his entrance is so slow and boring.

imBask

Banned
I like when there's a Triple H match and I get to fast-forward for like three minutes because his entrance is so slow and boring.

*skips HHH stuff*
"HHH sucks!"

do you also read movie reviews and then shit on it without watching it?

Zach

I started fast-forwarding his entrances when they became tedious and annoying, so if anything it helps his standing I'd say.

Caderfix

So what wrestlers should I look out for when I watch WK11 later?

Omega, Okada, Naito and Tanahashi ALWAYS deliver, but, honestly, everyone involved in the event. Im new to NJPW, but the 4 WKs I watched were great from second one all the way to the end.

How did Cody do? You can spoil it if you want but I'm interested.

Its was fine but, at best, the 5th best match on the show. He did some nice work on Juice's leg and was able to get some response from the crowd. They were more into it than Cole and O'Reilly that's for sure.

So what wrestlers should I look out for when I watch WK11 later?

If you have time watch the entire show. Otherwise skip to the last four matches starting with Kushida / Hiromu. They're all excellent.

Top Bottom