• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Zach

You'll find an excuse to keep giving Vince your money to shit all over you.
Wrestling fans always do no matter how many 5-star main events they receive from New Japan, Progress or anywhere else.

That "it's too hard to sign up for" whining excuse from people never gets old, too.
American voters use that line all the time to justify being ignorant about their politicians.
Haha, look at this guy.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It still makes me laugh that Cody managed to convince people he's an indie darling who never got a fair shake in WWE when nothing about his body of work ever suggested that was true.

Ronin Ray

So I have been watching Aj Styles John Cena clips on YouTube and am I crazy or is Cena the heel in this feud.

I wish it would lead to Cena losing at the Rumble because he was too cocky and arrogant. This could lead to a story line where John doubts himself and has to look at himself in the mirror and build himself back up going into wrestlemania. But I am sure John will just win clean though

WK11 and its last 4 matches in particular are the bar for the remainder of a long year. Still a surreal experience.

#howsyourterritorydoingHHH?

I REALLY wanted Kenny to win. Okada is great, but Kenny is just too awesome to watch.

Anyways, both man looked great so even though I wanted a different result, I'm happy with the match.

Keep subbing. That's all you can do to help the guy spread the brand overseas.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So I have been watching Aj Styles John Cena clips on YouTube and am I crazy or is Cena the heel in this feud.

I wish it would lead to Cena losing at the Rumble because he was too cocky and arrogant. This could lead to a story line where John doubts himself and has to look at himself in the mirror and build himself back up going into wrestlemania. But I am sure John will just win clean though

Cena always plays a tweener in these feuds. Honestly, the best way to look at it is to be happy that AJ Styles isn't being a chickenshit champion. He's pissed off that Cena basically cut the line to get a title shot, but he's not backing down at all.

It still makes me laugh that Cody managed to convince people he's an indie darling who never got a fair shake in WWE when nothing about his body of work ever suggested that was true.

the match was good

cody's a really good shithead heel

5405c603eccce0a315d4c0b65c0b05d7.gif

Oersted

220px-Bray_Wyatt_April_2014.jpg

250px-Triple_H_in_April_2016.jpg

220px-Finn_Balor_Wm31Axxess.jpg

Every single wrestler who was allowed to directly defeat the Big Dawg in 2016

And yes, only the facepaint Demon pinned the Guy clean

Caderfix

Keep subbing. That's all you can do to help the guy spread the brand overseas.

The sad part is, I won't be able to... I'm currently out of my country and only have access to a local debit card (Had to cancel my credit card for security purposes) so I'll only be able to sub again on September maybe October, when I get back home :/

Angry Grimace

Does it make me a mark if I use the terms "legit shook" and "worked into a shoot" in real life? Because I do.

UberTag

You are correct that John will just win clean.
You're also correct that John losing, doubting himself and having to reassess what he still brings to the ring would be infinitely more interesting.

The sad part is, I won't be able to... I'm currently out of my country and only have access to a local debit card (Had to cancel my credit card for security purposes) so I'll only be able to sub again on September maybe October, when I get back home :/

Work related or in the army?

Regardless, goodluck!

Tall4Life

You are correct that John will just win clean.
You're also correct that John losing, doubting himself and having to reassess what he still brings to the ring would be infinitely more interesting.
Not sure that you want Cena's "worst year of my career" storyline to repeat...
lol yeah, everyone had that "I'm not sure if we should laugh" face for a second
Do you have a link to this? I never saw it

Angry Grimace

I don't know that Cena is going to win clean. I don't think even Vince would like the idea of Cena and Roman both going over at Royal Rumble because you can't coronate your chosen guy at WM if they're already the champ.

My fantasy idea is that this is playing into the Undertaker interfering in AJ/Cena to play off of Cena's new schtick where he just declares he's owed everything and Undertaker can say basically the same thing.

I'm a lot more interested in the outcome of the Rumble itself. None of the top guys are apparently even in the Rumble. Goldberg and Lesnar don't seem particularly likely to win unless its shenanigans involved like Goldberg winning and then Lesnar squashing the universal champ at Fastlane. At this point, I feel like the most sensible option is Chris Jericho to set up the obvious Jericho/KO match at WM. I guess you'd have to set up the ULTIMATE VINCE BONER MATCH if you did that though, a Triple Threat with Cena/Roman/Undertaker!

Tall4Life

I don't know that Cena is going to win clean. I don't think even Vince would like the idea of Cena and Roman both going over at Royal Rumble because you can't coronate your chosen guy at WM if they're already the champ.

My fantasy idea is that this is playing into the Undertaker interfering in AJ/Cena to play off of Cena's new schtick where he just declares he's owed everything and Undertaker can say basically the same thing.

I'm a lot more interested in the outcome of the Rumble itself. None of the top guys are apparently even in the Rumble. Goldberg and Lesnar don't seem particularly likely to win unless its shenanigans involved like Goldberg winning and then Lesnar squashing the universal champ at Fastlane. At this point, I feel like the most sensible option is Chris Jericho to set up the obvious Jericho/KO match at WM. I guess you'd have to set up the ULTIMATE VINCE BONER MATCH if you did that though, a Triple Threat with Cena/Roman/Undertaker!

It's possible to coronate a guy if they're already the champ. Hell, NJPW did this last Wrestle Kingdom with Okada. He was champ going in and Tana won the G1. Of course the coronation was based around how Okada was a perpetual jobber to Tana at Wrestle Kingdom and that he finally beat him, but still. Okada become the ace of the company while retaining his championship.

It's possible.

Recall

So WK11 is ok so far.

Just about to start the Kushida match.

There are 4 matches left in the show including this one and the NJPW world vod still states there is 3 hours left!

I'm guessing a huge intermission and closing blackness is included as that's a long ass time for 4 matches.

miserable

Since Boots is too Hollywood for Wrasslegaf, I made some jiffs from the WK main event.Also, I spoilertagged them for those who haven't seen it yet.
headkick3dsx9.gif

okadadrop21st4.gif

dragonsuplex6dslq.gif

supertombs9s8l.gif

Heroman

Banned
So WK11 is ok so far.

Just about to start the Kushida match.

There are 4 matches left in the show including this one and the NJPW world vod still states there is 3 hours left!

I'm guessing a huge intermission and closing blackness is included as that's a long ass time for 4 matches.
What intermission?

I understand the Japanese booking works differently and its all about the long game and building up mystique and that audience loves that
but fuuuck I wanted Omega to win.

Top Bottom