• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Zach

Classic #DeadGiveaway merch.

de92e9bd14b51ca9647f57124f5ac360.jpg

Better Then You
You kidding me with this?

Kaladin

My dream Wrestlemania lineup:

Undertaker vs John Cena
Brock Lesnar vs Goldberg
Kevin Owens (C) vs Chris Jericho
AJ Styles (C) vs Baron Corbin
IC Title Ladder Match Dean Ambrose (C)
US Title Ladder Match Roman Reigns (C)
Sheamus & Cesaro (C) vs. The New Day
American Alpha (C) vs The Wyatt Family
Sami Zayn vs Braun Strowman No Holds Barred or some finale plunder match
Rich Swann (C) vs Neville

If possible :
Big Show vs Shaq

You could either have Jericho win the Rumble and slow burn turn on KO, or have Corbin win the Rumble to face AJ (or Cena) and have Jericho turn on KO at Elimination Chamber in the chamber match.

The rest of the card kinda fills out itself.

If you put Cena in the match with Corbin, I'd have Undertaker vs AJ Styles.

Foggy

I just think its always going to be a tough hill to climb to get someone into something that focuses on in-ring action when what sells in wrestling is the entertainment factor.

I think we all might be surprised how many people would gravitate to this style if they knew it existed. There's no television product in America that's quite like it. Now, maybe the ceiling is lower than we'd like to believe, but I'd like to see a serious push.

Kaladin

My dream Wrestlemania lineup:

Undertaker vs John Cena
Brock Lesnar vs Goldberg

If possible :
Big Show vs Shaq

You could either have Jericho win the Rumble and slow burn turn on KO, or have Corbin win the Rumble to face AJ (or Cena) and have Jericho turn on KO at Elimination Chamber in the chamber match.

The rest of the card kinda fills out itself.

If you put Cena in the match with Corbin, I'd have Undertaker vs AJ Styles.

Who thinks they can save the ratings?

Triple-H.gif

I somehow forgot the inevitable Triple H vs Seth Rollins match. You can throw that in my card to I guess.

Given how last year the US title was on the pre-show, I'm 100% sure the Cruiserweight title is going to be on the pre-show for Wrestlemania.

HHH will come back just before/after the Rumble when the ratings naturally spike and quietly try to take credit for it
Yep. That's how I see it. He won't appear while football season is on because of the fact that an announced appearance by him during this time would barely crack a three million average.

Kaladin

Sooooo....

Undertaker vs John Cena
Brock Lesnar vs Goldberg
Triple H vs Seth Rollins
Charlotte (C) vs Bayley (or I can see a title change before Mania happening)
Bliss (C) vs Lynch

If possible :
Big Show vs Shaq

Goddamn, you need six hours for all of that.

Given how last year the US title was on the pre-show, I'm 100% sure the Cruiserweight title is going to be on the pre-show for Wrestlemania.

Yep. That's how I see it. He won't appear while football season is on because of the fact that an announced appearance by him during this time would barely crack a three million average.

I could see him randomly appearing Monday and taking credit for Taker's/Shawn's bump

Kaladin

Too many matches. You'll never post in this thread again, Kaladin.

How else would you fit everyone and all of the titles in one show like that now?

I can see the CW title and a couple other secondary title matches on the pre-show likely.

Hasney

How else would you fit everyone and all of the titles in one show like that now?

I can see the CW title and a couple other secondary title matches on the pre-show likely.

They won't have 2 ladder matches either. If Roman is just defending his belt instead of going for a world belt, he'll probably have a short squash.

You also forgot the battle royal.

n-HvML.gif

I tell you, post-94 rumble Taker was a different guy in the role!
/s
Heh. Most fans thought Ultimate Warrior was a different guy when he came back... I thought the Kane that returned in late 2002 was a different guy; he was so much smaller!

It didn't help that I had the toy that let you see Kane's "real" face and it looked more like Kevin Nash

Zach

Excitement Gradez for Kaladin's proposed card:

Undertaker vs John Cena - D
Brock Lesnar vs Goldberg - F
Triple H vs Seth Rollins - D
Kevin Owens (C) vs Chris Jericho - C
AJ Styles (C) vs Baron Corbin - C
IC Title Ladder Match Dean Ambrose (C) - F
US Title Ladder Match Roman Reigns (C) - F
Sheamus & Cesaro (C) vs. The New Day - C
American Alpha (C) vs The Wyatt Family - C
Sami Zayn vs Braun Strowman - D
Rich Swann (C) vs Neville - C
Charlotte (C) vs Bayley - A
Bliss (C) vs Lynch - B
Big Show vs Shaq - D

I could see him randomly appearing Monday and taking credit for Taker's/Shawn's bump
Right now realistically, I can also see him appearing at the rumble (probably helps eliminate Seth from the rumble match) and then the Raw after which finally starts the feud.

Also with how bad Seth's pedigree is, I wouldn't be shocked if Triple H refuses to let him go over with using it. I wouldn't even blame him, Seth's pedigree is fucking awful. It has to be because of his injury because he never goes down on his knees for it, just awkwardly letting go when he does the jump.

Kaladin

They won't have 2 ladder matches either. If Roman is just defending his belt instead of going for a world belt, he'll probably have a short squash.

You also forgot the battle royal.

I'd scrap the battle royal in favor of two ladder matches.

Wouldn't it be great if the WWE just looked at their full roster of talent over Raw / Smackdown / NXT / 205 and asked themselves "out of all of this talent what are the best possible matches we could put on at Wrestlemania?" and just worked towards that.

Heh. Most fans thought Ultimate Warrior was a different guy when he came back... I thought the Kane that returned in late 2002 was a different guy; he was so much smaller!

It didn't help that I had the toy that let you see Kane's "real" face and it looked more like Kevin Nash
I heard of the Ultimate Warrior one. It's hilarious that it started because he became somehow shitter in the ring and didn't look as impressive physically wise.

Wrestling conspiracy theories are the best. My favorite will always be Brock ending the streak was a shoot and the slight delay on the graphic happening was because it wasn't prepared and they had to take a time to set it up.

Although Erick Rowan allegedly threatening to shoot on the Rock at WM 32 is slowly crawling up just for the sheer insanity of it.

Flo
Fucking
Rida

Jeez can he disappear forever?
WELCOME TO MY HOUSE

BABY TAKE CONTROL NOW

Zach

How about an Andre Memorial Double Ladder Match? Where you have to climb a ladder to reach another ladder suspended over the ring, and then you climb that ladder to get to the mid-card belts?

I just hope they do Styles/Cena at Mania instead.

Like I know you should do Cena/Taker, but i'm just not interested in that story. Certainly not as much as Styles/Cena.

Also here's hoping Cedric Alexander enters the CW title picture against Neville by that time. That would be LIT.

Kaladin

No disagreement there. I just meant the rest of the card.

That's just how I see it heading with what they're doing.

Honestly, there is too much from both brands to fit every title and every feud on this show.

Then on top of that, you have the Undertaker, Lesnar/Goldberg and Triple H matches they squeeze in.

Mania is going to be huge.

I heard of the Ultimate Warrior one. It's hilarious that it started because he became somehow shitter in the ring and didn't look as impressive physically wise.

Wrestling conspiracy theories are the best. My favorite will always be Brock ending the streak was a shoot and the slight delay on the graphic happening was because it wasn't prepared and they had to take a time to set it up.

Although Erick Rowan allegedly threatening to shoot on the Rock at WM 32 is slowly crawling up just for the sheer insanity of it.

WELCOME TO MY HOUSE

BABY TAKE CONTROL NOW
One of the worst songs associated with one of the worst Manias. Fitting.

Recall

"The technique, the heart, the spirit."

That jumping spinning tombstone, then the Rainmaker lariat. My heart skipped a beat.

Zach

How about a Ladder Royal where the participants start on ladders and you win by being the last person on an upright ladder?

Kaladin

I think AJ vs Corbin could be a refreshing mid card Smackdown world title feud for Mania. It would be interesting to see AJ work the tweener heel to Corbin's "fuck you indy star" persona.

GunBR

Taker will show up on Raw monday, so I can see they doing a Reigns vs Taker in a carrer vs title match

Reigns will keep the Universal title and retire Taker. I'm sure that Vince thinks that it's a great way to finish Mania and make Roman go over

lol

Top Bottom