• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Heroman

Banned
Any link?
Probably have to wait until someone legit translated the promo but is what was said

**Gedo**: Pretty much bragged. Said Omega was a great wrestler but that the true champion won. Placed Okada on a tier of his own and sung his praises.

He said how Kenny wasn't the man to lead New Japan into the future, he is, he is the man and he will take New Japan worldwide

**Okada**: Praised Omega's performance and called him the best gaijin in NJPW history. Thanked the fans. Said he'll put the company on his back and continue giving it 100% inside and outside the ring.

Raw64life

I think Okada going over was the right call but I didn't like the part of the build up where Omega was saying that he's the guy that can take NJPW to the next level and make it a global entity. 100% face thing to say, and then he loses anyway. So I guess Okada successfully foiled Omega's plan to have NJPW gain more international notoriety? Is anyone supposed to like that?

3rd gif.. Cringe

It looks even worse on the slow motion replay. That and the dropkick, don't know how Okada avoided a concussion.

miserable

hey Zach

bucksparty21ovupc.gif

Tall4Life

There was more selling at wk11 than there will be in WWE for the whole year.

If you're being hyper analytical you'll notice that even at 30 minutes in both wrestlers in a NJPW are still flying around the ring...If this was WWE that would be shouted at as extreme no selling.

Ithil

If you're being hyper analytical you'll notice that even at 30 minutes in both wrestlers in a NJPW are still flying around the ring...If this was WWE that would be shouted at as extreme no selling.

I'd rather that than the Taker/HHH idea of "epic match selling" of hitting finishers and kickouts with 10 minutes of lying on the ground between.

Heroman

Banned
The main event had amazing selling, the moments where Kenny or Okada does a big move but can't make a pin because there body is to hurt is top tier.

I think Okada going over was the right call but I didn't like the part of the build up where Omega was saying that he's the guy that can take NJPW to the next level and make it a global entity. 100% face thing to say, and then he loses anyway. So I guess Okada successfully foiled Omega's plan to have NJPW gain more international notoriety? Is anyone supposed to like that?

National Pride. The audience doesnt give two shits about the business aspect of the business. Only the suits (and the players) do. This was a hometown hero vs outside story on the surface

Sephzilla

It can be a heel thing to say because it implies that he is the only one who can do that. It implies arrogance and is also a slam on his opponent.

Caderfix

I doubt Kenny Omega was going to do anything for the business aspect

I can see the guidelines saying he won the main event of WK making people decide to check what this NJPW thing is all about. It would be something very different for the company. So there's that, at least.

Do you think Ellsworth struggles with the stuff going on now, he looked miserable, like how am I going to explain this to my wife.

I hope his wife is cool though.

Edit: Well judging by his twitter (if he even controls it) hes on board.

I hope his wife and kids are gonna be ok with this.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I can see the guidelines saying he won the main event of WK making people decide to check what this NJPW thing is all about. It would be something very different for the company. So there's that, at least.

I mean if they wanted to do that they would have just hot shotted it to Cody

Caderfix

I mean if they wanted to do that they would have just hot shotted it to Cody

Well, when I say headlines I mean the ones smarks would see, and I believe most smarks wouldn't take the company seriously if they gave their main title to Cody, specially this fast. The company/booking would most likely be heavily criticized for doing so.

Do you think Ellsworth struggles with the stuff going on now, he looked miserable, like how am I going to explain this to my wife.

I hope his wife is cool though.

Edit: Well judging by his twitter (if he even controls it) hes on board.

I hope his wife and kids are gonna be ok with this.
Probably tells them,

"Yeah, this shit is fucking fake."

Caderfix

Now Cass should start a feud with Ellsworth for hanging out with his girlfriend and Rusev should start protecting Ellsworth, forcing Cass to taste his own medicine.

somedevil

Raw Viewership for 1/2:

8pm: 3.159
9pm: 3.042
10pm: 2.939

Avg: 3.046

Show averaged 3 million. Lost 200,000 through the 3 hours. I wonder if Smackdown can hit 3 million. It hasn't since the initial draft show.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
It's mostly that people start paying attention around Rumble time.

Which is probably also why I kind of expect them to strip the smark-darlings of their titles.

The audience that conceivably could care about NJPW already knows about it. I mean, its the second biggest promotion in the world and one of the only ones that WWE doesn't get its fingers in all that frequently, last year's raid notwithstanding.

Kaladin

it kinda ruined Celebrity Apprentice's debut.

Good, fuck that show. I actually kind of liked The Apprentice as it seemed like it was legit, but on Celebrity Appretice whoever gets the highest donations from a friend wins so anything else they do to raise money is pointless.

Caderfix

The audience that conceivably could care about NJPW already knows about it. I mean, its the second biggest promotion in the world and one of the only ones that WWE doesn't get its fingers in all that frequently, last year's raid notwithstanding.

I've been hearing good things about NJPW for a LONG time, but only gave it a shot on WK10 after reading about a foreigner faction headed by AJ Styles. That's why I think it could bring people in.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I've been hearing good things about NJPW for a LONG time, but only gave it a shot on WK10 after reading about a foreigner faction headed by AJ Styles. That's why I think it could bring people in.

I just think its always going to be a tough hill to climb to get someone into something that focuses on in-ring action when what sells in wrestling is the entertainment factor.

I don't buy indie Stardust at all

"Look I'm doing the gun thing, right guys?? This is what they do, right?? I'm a bad guy!"

Juice Robinson has a nice theme song at least

Top Bottom