• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Time for the Kliq to run and steal the show.

Blue's favorite Flo Rida song is whistle
The Kliq? Maybe two members of it.

wwe-rumors-scott-hall-sting-triple-h-wrestlemania-31.jpg

GunBR

If isn't Cena vs AJ or Cena vs Taker for the WWE title, I have no idea who will face AJ for the belt at Wrestlemania

I doubt that they will give a chance to Corbin right now. Maybe after Mania

Zach

What's your WrestleMania 33 dream match? I'm hoping for a triple threat with Triple H, Jeff Jarrett, and Shane Douglas.

If isn't Cena vs AJ or Cena vs Taker for the WWE title, I have no idea who will face AJ for the belt at Wrestlemania

I doubt that they will give a chance to Corbin right now. Maybe after Mania
Does
it have to be a wrestler from the same brand?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
My dream Wrestlemania lineup:

Undertaker vs John Cena
Brock Lesnar vs Goldberg
Kevin Owens (C) vs Chris Jericho
AJ Styles (C) vs Baron Corbin
IC Title Ladder Match Dean Ambrose (C)
US Title Ladder Match Roman Reigns (C)
Sheamus & Cesaro (C) vs. The New Day
American Alpha (C) vs The Wyatt Family
Sami Zayn vs Braun Strowman No Holds Barred or some finale plunder match
Rich Swann (C) vs Neville

If possible :
Big Show vs Shaq

You could either have Jericho win the Rumble and slow burn turn on KO, or have Corbin win the Rumble to face AJ (or Cena) and have Jericho turn on KO at Elimination Chamber in the chamber match.

The rest of the card kinda fills out itself.

If you put Cena in the match with Corbin, I'd have Undertaker vs AJ Styles.

I'd really like to see Orton/Styles. Have him betray Bray at the RR in their tag rematch with AA, and have a singles match with Bray/Orton at Elimination Chamber and then Orton moves on to the WWEC match at WM.

I think Orton would try in that match.

No one does but it's what we're getting.

I think it might be good. But Rollins' ring work since his return has not impressed me at all which has me wondering.

wonder if the guy is just skating by until its "his turn" later this year or what. maybe he isn't physically 100%?

remember when most of us had wet dreams of the pop we would hear when he returned after 9 months?

I still cant wrap my head around how they fucked his booking and writing

Kaladin

I'd really like to see Orton/Styles. Have him betray Bray at the RR in their tag rematch with AA, and have a singles match with Bray/Orton at Elimination Chamber and then Orton moves on to the WWEC match at WM.

I think Orton would try in that match.

That's not ending any time soon, Orton is enjoying what he does with the Wyatts last I heard.

That's not ending any time soon, Orton is enjoying what he does with the Wyatts last I heard.
Unfortunately I'm pretty sure the whole reason they lost the belts was to set up the idea of Orton betraying them or some shitty reveal that he was faking being their guy the whole time.

As much as a geek Rosenberg is about wrestling and the WWE, he should've never have accepted that job at Bring it to the Table, especially when he's against sharks like JBL and Heyman. Like fuck that was uncomfortable to watch. Put Bryan in there with JBL, and oh boy we got ourselves a firing squad, ladies and germs.

As much as a geek Rosenberg is about wrestling and the WWE, he should've never have accepted that job at Bring it to the Table, especially when he's against sharks like JBL and Heyman. Like fuck that was uncomfortable to watch. Put Bryan in there with JBL, and oh boy we got ourselves a firing squad, ladies and germs.
Poor guy hasn't been the same since Booker called him a mark.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

The last time we saw him was squabbling in the ring with Harper and Bray. That angle isn't going to continue for long.

Everything about that was uncomfortable and Rosenberg is a god damn
mark
trooper if he keeps at it. The dude has other (more important) shit to do rather than waste his time with petty, defensive, confrontational, overall scumbag, JBL and Heyman.

Lose another Brawl 4 All, fucker.

Kaladin

Sadness, just tried to check on the URL for the music blog I used to run. It's riddled with viruses and even got one of those "Your computer screen is locked, pay us or else" things.

Thankfully, it's a work computer that I can just reboot and it clears anything bad.

Keep up with your old URLs if you ever want to use them again.

New Japan Cup Omega wins then gets his rematch and title?

Its possible but generally Gedo gives the NJ Cup to someone they're trying to move up the card. Shibata has to be the favorite this year. Maybe Suzuki if they want to push him strong after the big return.

somedevil

Some Asuka news:

– WWE.com has announced that Asuka is now officially the longest reigning NXT women’s champion of all time. She won the belt on April 1, 2016 when she beat Bayley at TakeOver in Dallas, Texas. She has now held the belt 277 days and counting.

Looks like she is going to have the title for a whole year before she loses it.

Tall4Life

A big problem I'm starting to see now with WWE is how their matches at Mania now pretty much happen because they have to, not necessarily because they should. Like it's now the time for Rollins/HHH because it's what we've been expecting for well over 2 years. Tell someone that Omega would main event Wrestle Kingdom against Okada a year ago and they would not believe you. Nothing about that seemed like it was now THEIR turn to have their match.

Of course, NJPW did have some issues with that with the Tana/Okada feud, though the story was strong enough that I didn't really care. And WWE does have kind of a randomness to their Mania matches -- instead of what I expected was going to be Kalisto/ADR at Mania 32 for the US title, it was Kalisto/Ryback. The feuds for Mania are more definitively set after the Rumble. But I am getting that sense that now its the time to roll out the red carpet for matches like HHH/Rollins and so on. For some of those matches like Cena/Taker, I'm fine with that because I actually really want that to happen. HHH/Rollins has been soured by months of poor storytelling. I can almost write down the full feud and how its going to go down right now.

TLDR I think WWE should allow itself more flexibility with their storylines/feuds for Mania like NJPW.

Nekofrog

Banned
How about an Andre Memorial Double Ladder Match? Where you have to climb a ladder to reach another ladder suspended over the ring, and then you climb that ladder to get to the mid-card belts?

What's a belt? WWE only has titles and championships. No belts here, son.

Angry Grimace

A big problem I'm starting to see now with WWE is how their matches at Mania now pretty much happen because they have to, not necessarily because they should. Like it's now the time for Rollins/HHH because it's what we've been expecting for well over 2 years. Tell someone that Omega would main event Wrestle Kingdom against Okada a year ago and they would not believe you. Nothing about that seemed like it was now THEIR turn to have their match.

Of course, NJPW did have some issues with that with the Tana/Okada feud, though the story was strong enough that I didn't really care. And WWE does have kind of a randomness to their Mania matches -- instead of what I expected was going to be Kalisto/ADR at Mania 32 for the US title, it was Kalisto/Ryback. The feuds for Mania are more definitively set after the Rumble. But I am getting that sense that now its the time to roll out the red carpet for matches like HHH/Rollins and so on. For some of those matches like Cena/Taker, I'm fine with that because I actually really want that to happen. HHH/Rollins has been soured by months of poor storytelling. I can almost write down the full feud and how its going to go down right now.

TLDR I think WWE should allow itself more flexibility with their storylines/feuds for Mania like NJPW.
That's because WrestleMania is for Vince and casuals.

Smark WrestleMania is called SummerSlam.

Heroman

Banned

That would require WWE be able to do long term booking which they are incapable of doing.

So what's next...

Okada vs Naito?
Tanahashi vs Omega?

I assume a tag first to setup new feuds, Okada/Tiger Mask W vs Omega/Shibata maybe which leads into Omega TMW and Okada Shibata short program until Kenny gets a rematch at a big event.
Really want to see Omega vs Ibushi play out.

Top Bottom