• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

UberTag

Rollins vs HHH could be great or potentially worse then Roman vs HHH.
Depends if Rollins got the memo to dog it before and after his Triple H confrontation so we get tricked into talking about how amazing their match is by comparison.

Dean Ambrose clearly got this memo.

Still too hard to sign up for though, right?
I mean, we have to click on a link. And watch it in the middle of the night. That's just too much work.

As an occasional NJPW viewer, how much would I enjoy WK11 without some of the context going into the show? I'm tempted, never watched a full WK before.

UberTag

As an occasional NJPW viewer, how much would I enjoy WK11 without some of the context going into the show? I'm tempted, never watched a full WK before.
You don't need any context whatsoever. Most everyone raving about last night's event are probably less well-versed than even an "occasional NJPW viewer". Hell, I challenge anyone to watch that Okada vs. Omega match and not mark out.

The match "wins you over". That's what great wrestling does. You don't need to familiarize yourself with any of the other crap.

You don't need any context whatsoever. Most everyone raving about last night's event are probably less well-versed than even an "occasional NJPW viewer". Hell, I challenge anyone to watch that Okada vs. Omega match and not mark out.

The match "wins you over". That's what great wrestling does. You don't need to familiarize yourself with any of the other crap.

Thanks, I'll start watching it tonight, too much positive vibes going around to skip it.

After Omega's G1 win I thought people would be loving him going into the main event picture and all I saw was a lot of hesitation and negativity, hence my doubts about needing some context.

After watching WK and hearing all the talks New Japan and Kidani are giving about international expansion, I had a thought. Should NJPW experiment with adding a women's division? Whether it be a partnership with Stardom or even developing their own talent, I think it'd add a fresh dimension to the product. Hell, even ROH is going that direction now.

The only relatively major US promotion that explicitly doesn't use women is PWG and that's because Super Dragon is against it for some odd reason.

As it stands now we only ever see women in New Japan as valets doing nothing (Bullet Babe) or as straight up eye-candy (Yujiro).

Tall4Life

Ahahahahahahahahahahaha Natalya is complaining about how when she turned heel, the crowd cheered for, and she was instantly pissed. I'm glad that at least some of the WWE wrestlers care and notice this lol

After watching WK and hearing all the talks New Japan and Kidani are giving about international expansion, I had a thought. Should NJPW experiment with adding a women's division? Whether it be a partnership with Stardom or even developing their own talent, I think it'd add a fresh dimension to the product. Hell, even ROH is going that direction now.

As it stands now we only ever see women in New Japan as valets doing nothing (Bullet Babe) or as straight up eye-candy (Yujiro).

I love Japanese women's wrestling but there really isn't enough space for them. They deserve their own promotion, even if it means they're promoted less.

Anth0ny

the best thing about new japan, ESPECIALLY wrestle kingdom, is that you really don't have to watch shit to enjoy the show

Wwe signed kimber Lee and hiedi Lovelace

C1X5DorUQAAyggR.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's amazing to me that no one post-TNA has had to try to have a serious Indian expansion.

The demand for pro wrestling there seems insane.

Tall4Life

It's amazing to me that no one post-TNA has had to try to have a serious Indian expansion.

The demand for pro wrestling there seems insane.

There was some combination of issues with it...if I remember correctly, many are just simply WWE marks and don't watch much else, though I don't know how much that's true anymore. I remember there being something with how its televised in India as well and how that makes it not very profitable. I could very well be talking out of my ass though

Second TNA lawsuit is over. They lost (ignored the lawsuit over their lack of payment and lost by default) and owe American Express almost $270k

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Legit highlight of WK is seeing my BOY Kuniaki Kobayashi though

1f3IVva.gif

I thought time had forgotten him.
Watching WK11 now. Excited for this Kyle v Cole match.

It's the worst match on the card and the crowd absolutely does not care about it

most sane people don't care about Adam Cole though

Lol Rumble 92 Hot Rod vs Mountie IC title match. So much fuckery.. Piper winning on a sleeper hold and ref holding Jimmy Hart back from blocking Piper shocking the Mountie

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Norton looked like he stepped out of a time machine

and Liger can't be contained around Bunny

ospreay dressing and dying his hair like okada is creepy though

Top Bottom