• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

P0U9y59.gif

So, quite a few title matches set-up;

Okada vs MiSu
Naito vs Elgin
Hiromu vs Dragon Lee
Goto vs Juice
Shibata vs Ospreay (RevPro title)
Cole vs YOSHI-HASHI (ROH title)

Looking forward to all of those!

Is this a good thing or a bad thing?
I've not hear kind things about Suzuki-Gun

Generally a good thing, the worst thing about
Suzuki-gun
was the booking of
their never-ending NOAH invasion

Minoru Suzuki is
fantastic.

But then you get
Taichi...

Oh yeah I don't mean Minoru Suzuki specifically, I've just not heard good things about the faction as a whole. Haven't they kind of run roughshot over NOAH or am I mistaken?

And I agree, Shibata absolutely should win the G1 Climax, or at the very least the New Japan Cup.

EDIT:
Okada/Suzuki, Naito/Elgin and Shibata/Ospreay all sound like great match ups
. Will definitely check out New Years Dash when I get home.

Foffy

Banned
Oh yeah I don't mean Minoru Suzuki specifically, I've just not heard good things about the faction as a whole. Haven't they kind of run roughshot over NOAH or am I mistaken?

Basically, they kind of pulled an invasion angle and ran the ring for a while. That kind of ended when NOAH got new owners.

Also, was
Yoshinobu Kanemaru with them? I know he joined the group, but he's NOAH talent...

UberTag

If he was in WWE he wouldn't be the Kenny Omega that he is now.

EDIT: I mean how can Okada/Omega not get 5 stars? It was an incredible match.
If Omega was in WWE, he'd be making Roman look strong. Just like his fellow Canadian Kevin Owens will in a couple weeks.

Hell, Omega would be far beneath the likes of KO on the card simply due to the fact that he's not nearly as charismatic or as good a promo.

If Omega was in WWE, he'd be making Roman look strong. Just like his fellow Canadian Kevin Owens will in a couple weeks.

Hell, Omega would be far beneath the likes of KO on the card simply due to the fact that he's not nearly as charismatic or as good a promo.
If Omega was in WWE he'd be feuding with TJ Perkins over which Mega Man game is better.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
If he was in WWE he wouldn't be the Kenny Omega that he is now.

EDIT: I mean how can Okada/Omega not get 5 stars? It was an incredible match.
It didn't get 5 stars because Meltzer gave it 6 and said it was the best wrestling match of all time.

I mean, it's speculative to say Omega would be ruined in WWE given that the exact same scenario happened last year and AJ Styles is now the headine star of the company.

Syder

I'm still riding a high since WK11...

Kinda bittersweet that the best matches of the year happen in the first week.

sora87

6 stars meltz? I mean, it was damn good, probably in the top 10 matches I've ever seen but the opening 10-15 minutes were quite slow and uneventful.

6 stars meltz? I mean, it was damn good, probably in the top 10 matches I've ever seen but the opening 10-15 minutes were quite slow and uneventful.

I think it is important for a match like that to have a slower build, no?

Most of Nakamura's Dome matches had similarly slow builds.

Barrage

6 Stars...Meltzer just jumped the shark. 33% of the match was shit. Kevin Nash was right.

But definently no conflict of interest that Omega and his buddies the Bucks constantly suck up to Meltz and names moves after him, no sir.

All of it? For me WK11 wasn't just brilliant because of the wrestling, it was just so easy to watch. No trying to turn wrestling into a soap opera and having shit loads of filler.
Not gonna happen unfortunately. WWE don't want to do wrestling they want to do 'Sports Entertainment'.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I think you guys are confused at how large the market is for a fake fighting show that's entirely based around the quality of the fake fighting.

Top Bottom