• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Beefy

You might as well ask why Call of Duty doesn't implement the Social Link system from the Persona series.

Wouldn't know if they did, I gave up on COD years ago because I found it boring and the same old. I am not saying get rid of the soap opera crap conpletely, I am saying cut it down or least make it interesting. Now Smackdown is far better then Raw at this, but it could still be better.

Raw64life

Please give Suzuki the belt

They should at least bring back king of the ring and make it as big as the G1. Winner gets a title shot at summerslam or something.

WWE seems to be strongly averse to doing a round robin tournament for whatever reason. You'd think with their 100000000000 hours of programming a week that a round robin tournament would be a natural fit.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Wouldn't know if they did, I gave up on COD years ago because I found it boring and the same old. I am not saying get rid of the soap opera crap conpletely, I am saying cut it down or least make it interesting. Now Smackdown is far better then Raw at this, but it could still be better.
A lot of the things people complain about with WWE have to do with the sheer amount of programming they're required to do in order to make wrestling profitable.

Please give Suzuki the belt

WWE seems to be strongly averse to doing a round robin tournament for whatever reason. You'd think with their 100000000000 hours of programming a week that a round robin tournament would be a natural fit.
They don't do tournaments very often because they're not popular with audiences for whatever reason.

Cross-posting from reddit... (New Year Dash spoilers)

Suzuki-Gun in NJPW creates such an interesting dynamic. Now you have THREE heel factions fighting for dominance. It was hard enough to keep Bullet Club and LIJ apart, but add in Suzuki? Holy shit. Insanity.

Adding Desperado, TAKA, Kanemaru, and Tai...well, maybe not Taichi to the Jr. Heavyweight Division gives it a huge shot in the arm, as now we have far higher-class contenders for the Jr. Tag belts and plenty of challengers for the Jr. Heavy division. KES in the tag division is a huge pick-up, they aren't a great team but the matches they could have would be amazing. Iizuka is probably the job guy of the group but he's a strong veteran presence.

Did I forget someone?

Oh yeah, MOTHERFUCKING CHOKE YOU OUT KICK YOUR FACE IN DROP YOU ON YOUR FUCKING HEAD MINORU GODDAMN HE HATES THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE SO GODDAMN MUCH SUZUKI! Him vs. Okada should be a huge money-maker, and then, the possible matches. Him vs. Omega. Him vs. Tanahashi. HIM VS. GODDAMN TETSUYA NAITO I JUST GOT HARD FUCK FUCK.

This is going to be a good year for NJPW :D

Beefy

Also watching WK11 has made me want WWE to have a faction again. I don't know if NWO coming back would do it though.

Foggy

I can understand people thinking the opening to Okada/Omega was slow, but I think the pacing was measured to pay off when it ramps up. It's not like this was chinlock city, I thought there was enough psychology and storytelling to hold my interest. Plenty of people, including myself, didn't think that it felt like a 45 minute match.

Add NXT takeovers and PROGRESS and I'm a pretty happy wrestling fan at the moment.

Raw shouldn't get a minute of our lives.
I wish Sami wasn't trapped on that damn show because he would easily be main event material on Smackdown having amazing matches with AJ, I'd say Neville too but they finally have a plan with him after all this time.

If wwe does a faction please no more NWO or bullet club with 15 members.

Also something I loved about the main event yesterday was that even though omega had his guys at ringside at no point did they intervene and make Okada overcome ridiculous odds like super Cena or Roman. Just a genuine good 1v1 classic.

Hasney

I can understand people thinking the opening to Okada/Omega was slow, but I think the pacing was measured to pay off when it ramps up. It's not like this was chinlock city, I thought there was enough psychology and storytelling to hold my interest. Plenty of people, including myself, didn't think that it felt like a 45 minute match.

Yup. I don't want to know how some of these posters fuck if they don't understand that.

The start is a good match and still has a nice pace to it, just no high spots, which is fine. Then the One Winged Angel counter to rainmaker counter by spit to the face is a great sequence, Kenny slows it down on the outside and then it picks back up for a small period.

Syder

I'd go for some WWE social links.
latest
giphy.gif

> You have established the Undertaker Social Link of the Death Arcana!

Fox318

I wonder how'd he WWE lockeroom must feel if they see the Tokyo Dome show.

Sure they may be getting paid more but they are limited in the scope of the match and they are usually booked to be jobbers to Vinces big guy of the week.

Sure they may be getting paid more but they are limited in the scope of the match and they are usually booked to be jobbers to Vinces big guy of the week.

At the least Rollins and Cesaro watched it.

Also NJPW gained 10,000 subscribers for WK11, 55% from America.

Tall4Life

A lot of them are being paid good money so they don't really care lol, people don't leave the WWE so they can have better matches, they leave because of issues with management.

Beefy

Yup. I don't want to know how some of these posters fuck if they don't understand that.

The start is a good match and still has a nice pace to it, just no high spots, which is fine. Then the One Winged Angel counter to rainmaker counter by spit to the face is a great sequence, Kenny slows it down on the outside and then it picks back up for a small period.

Also at no point did I think "here comes the 10 mins rest time".

Fox318

At the least Rollins and Cesaro watched it.

Also NJPW gained 10,000 subscribers for WK11, 55% from America.

A lot of them are being paid good money so they don't really care lol, people don't leave the WWE so they can have better matches, they leave because of issues with management.

Thats good if you are people like Kevin Nash, Dwayne Johnson, or Roman Reigns but if you grew up a fan or became a mark for professional wrestling it must suck.

There is more stuff you can't do in the WWE than stuff you can do and as a performer that must suck.

Like Rollins without his curbstomp or even juice.

Outside of HHH and Brock everyone has these restrictions on them. Imagine Orton or Cena vs Tanahashi at the dome? Both guys would probably have the match of their life.

Mahonay

Banned
Got aout half way through WK11 last night before I went to bed. I'll finish it up this morning.

Scott Norton's appearance in the New Japan Rumble already makes this the greatest Wrestle Kingdom ever.

Happy to see Los Ingobernables win the Never 3 Man Tag titles.

Also first time I've seen Cody work during this heel run, pretty good stuff.

Also, was
Yoshinobu Kanemaru with them? I know he joined the group, but he's NOAH talent...

Yes, the rumor was for a while that he was actually signed to an NJPW contract, not NOAH, and was placed in NOAH since he's more well known there.

Him in NJPW could be very interesting, he's a veteran but very well-known and there's a lot of potential dream matches that could freshen up the Jr. division. Him vs. Ospreay and Hiromu would be spectacular.

Foggy

Nice, now make a damn app on everything so I can stop this terrible laptop setup I got going on.

HOW DARE YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT NEW JAPAN'S ACCESSIBILITY, YOU BIG BABY!

I think it's an important step forward for them, especially in light of the significant increase in foreign subscribers.

It's good to know that standalone apps are expensive to develop, especially if it's contracted which it most certainly would be. To do something like this, it would at least be in the high 6 figures. I can understand them having cold feet about that financial commitment, but hopefully this weekend showed them that it's worth it. That is, assuming there isn't one in development already.

shanafan

Well, I ordered the WWE Slamcrate. If anyone else decides to, PM for my email as a referral. I would appreciate it!

Top Bottom