• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Mahonay

Banned
LMAO it's fucking fake.
dr-kevin-nash-o.gif

Tall4Life

WWE puts a lot of restrictions on performers though.

WWE Okada would never be allowed to hit those tombstones. That table spot would have been banned. To name but a few of the moves in that final match that would be deemed too unsafe in WWE.

To be fair some of those spots should actually be never used again, lol. Like that dragon suplex off the top rope or the table spot. With the dragon, you are at SERIOUS risk for a neck injury and paralysis. Landing on their head like that is absolutely awful, and while those kind of moves were used a lot of in the golden age of 90's AJPW, those moves and their accumulated injuries to the performer are what led to people like Misawa dying in the ring. A normal dragon is fine but off the top rope? Nope nope nope nope nope. And with the table, Big Dick Meltz was talking about how Omega could've gotten impaled by the legs if something went wrong there, and then hitting the side of the ramp could've led to a serious injury like that which ended Rude's career and which almost ended HBK's career.

Just because they don't immediately injure themselves or show serious injury after a really dangerous move like that doesn't mean it was 100% safe. There is a very fine line between allowing more cool, slightly dangerous moves and allowing the performers to wrestle in such a way constantly that will lead to their retirement in their early 30's or their death. For example I'd honestly be surprised if Ospreay is still able to wrestle by the time he's 29.

I watched the Okada / Omega match for a second time today and it really is amazing. The final 15 - 10 mins are something else. It's not too often you get a match with such an amazingly hype feeling that this generated.

Mahonay

Banned
John Cena literally killed Wade Barrett's career before it ever really got to start, and I'll never forgive him for it.
Let's not forget his absolutely shit tier finisher at the time, The Barrett Barrage. That was never going to get him over long term. Fucking awful.

Wreddit marks are cracking me the fuck up

They're clamoring for WWE/NJPW to do dual events as if it'd be ok

They're clamoring for Omega to come over to WWE

THey're comparing Omega/Okada to Nak/Zayn. I will not understand why that match continues to be circle jerk central. It was a GOOD match, but I didn't htink it was an AMAZING match.

Hasney

THey're comparing Omega/Okada to Nak/Zayn. I will not understand why that match continues to be circle jerk central. It was a GOOD match, but I didn't htink it was an AMAZING match.

Comparing? It beat Zayn/Nak pretty handily.

Man if they did a crossup....I'd do whatever it takes to try and watch it in person.
AJ vs omega
Tanahashi vs Cena
Sami vs Okada
And so on.

How do you guys watch WK11? Are the matches on YouTube?
Www.njpwworld.com
999¥

Comparing? It beat Zayn/Nak pretty handily.

Nakamura/Zayn is easily one of the most overrated matches I've seen of the last decade

A+ spectacle, B- actual action. Much better than Hogan/Andre in-ring obviously but suffers from the same overhype (replace THE SLAM with THE SHINSUKE'S IN THE WWE)

Anth0ny

i don't see why they couldn't do a wwe x njpw crossover

wwe just probably would never want to because they have three major japanese stars in nxt and probably don't see any value in the other top new japan stars.

Still under hyping the Nak/Zayn match when it's clear the majority thought it was fucking amazing is some Principal Skinner esque behavior.

Raw64life

I thought the 6 stars thing was a joke. He actually gave it 6 stars. I mean it's gonna be tough to beat for MOTY but 6 stars? lol

Top Bottom