• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Mahonay

Banned
I thought the 6 stars thing was a joke. He actually gave it 6 stars. I mean it's gonna be tough to beat for MOTY but 6 stars? lol
I think Meltz knows what he's doing, he probably knows that he's basically a living meme at this point. 6 stars is hilarious but perfect.

miserable

naitokid1zqssl.gif

Omega isn't a draw. He's a small fish in a small pond. He comes to my yard and he's simply a jobber.

He doesn't belong with the big boys.

It's fucking fake.

Tagyhag

I'm sure it's a good match, but I get jump the shark vibes from a six star rating.

I think just like the Nak/Zayn match, people's hype will die down in the coming months.

It really was a damn good match though, but the length works against it rather than for it. It could have EASILY been a 5 star match across the board if they trimmed 15-20 minutes. I felt like they had it be super long for the sake of it being a main event match.

Anth0ny

Still under hyping the Nak/Zayn match when it's clear the majority thought it was fucking amazing is some Principal Skinner esque behavior.

it's the usual marks being marks

guaran fucking teed in 6 months the same people will look back at Omega/Okada and be like "it wasn't THAT great. wow what an overrated match"

Eh. People are allowed to have their opinions. It's fine.

You'll be surprised what mob mentality and its effect has on people on this thread. There was a lot of good shit that went down last year yet when the discussion here turned to "best of", it quickly resorted to slinging shit at this guy or that match...

Old habits are hard to break. At end of the day, I don't take anything mentioned here seriously unless the person lodging said complaint can express why. Otherwise I presume they're joking and getting with the program here.

Hasney

Am I part of a small group thinking that the back-to-back PPV main events of Styles vs Roman were great matches?

They were pretty good. Part of Roman Reigns collection of 3 great singles matches with his one against DB rounding out the 3.

He's very carry-able by the greats.

guaran fucking teed in 6 months the same people will look back at Omega/Okada and be like "it wasn't THAT great. wow what an overrated match"
as long as the majority have their heads on straight and acknowledge it was amazing, just like nak/zayn i'll have faith in our community

ElRenoRaven

So just saw the news about Jeff Jarrett coming back to TNA. Maybe Anthem can turn it around after all. In case some haven't seen it.

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/106913/the-deal-is-done-tna-behind-the-scenes-update.html?p=1

The re-emergence of Jarrett was pointed to this morning as a sign that Carter was completely out in terms of decision-making as the pair had at times, split the loyalty within the company between their two sides and had a number of falling outs over the years, including a time period where Jarrett took time off from the company, during which Carter let go Jarrett's entire support staff at the time, including Dutch Mantel, Savio Vega, Jim Cornette and Brian "Roaddogg" James.

"There is no way [Carter] would have allowed Jeff to return," said one source who spoke under condition of anonymity. "This is proof that she is done."

You'll be surprised what mob mentality and its effect has on people on this thread. There was a lot of good shit that went down last year yet when the discussion here turned to "best of", it quickly resorted to slinging shit at this guy or that match...

Old habits are hard to break. At end of the day, I don't take anything mentioned here seriously unless the person lodging said complaint can express why. Otherwise I presume they're joking and getting with the program here.

I mentioned it in my edit. Nakamura/Zayn was like Hogan/Andre to me: A+ spectacle, not so when it came to in-ring action. Obviously it wasn't that bad in-ring, I'd say it was a B-, but both have put in more and better effort elsewhere, whether the matches they did it in went longer or shorter. In my opinion it wasn't top 5 El Generico/Zayn matches, wasn't top 5 Nakamura matches, and wasn't the best NXT Takeover match of the year (DIY/Revival 2 out of 3 falls)

ElRenoRaven

LOL. Yeah, Jeff Jarrett will surely turn things around...

Not saying he will. But when he was running things TNA was at least putting on something that didn't resemble an incoherent mess. They also had some great talent and didn't just screw them over and drive them away the way TNA did post Jarrett. Also he's not coming in to run the show it seems. Sounds more like a creative postition.

Mahonay

Banned
Not saying he will. But when he was running things TNA was at least putting on something that didn't resemble an incoherent mess. They also had some great talent and didn't just screw them over and drive them away the way TNA did post Jarrett. Also he's not coming in to run the show it seems. Sounds more like a creative postition.

TNA was actually at it's best when Jeff Jarrett was the one running things. Dixie came in and brought all the marks.
That was a long time ago.

Jeff Jarrett much more recently tried his hand at a fed with GFW. That's maybe a bit more realistic to what to expect from him in 2017.

I mentioned it in my edit. Nakamura/Zayn was like Hogan/Andre to me: A+ spectacle, not so when it came to in-ring action. Obviously it wasn't that bad in-ring, I'd say it was a B-, but both have put in more and better effort elsewhere, whether the matches they did it in went longer or shorter. In my opinion it wasn't top 5 El Generico/Zayn matches, wasn't top 5 Nakamura matches, and wasn't the best NXT Takeover match of the year (DIY/Revival 2 out of 3 falls)

Yeah I agree with your overall sentiment (esp Revival match being best of NXT!). For me, Zayn and Nak worked on anticipation alone moreso than the execution. It was just seeing these two very popular guys in a dream match up that no one could imagine seeing a few weeks earlier. It was fanfiction at its best.

Watching it live I thought it was really good, best match of that event. I'm speaking to people who seem to continuously bring it up when discussing best matches. So in this context, where someone is saying "best match I've evre seen" and people jump to comparing to Nak/Zayn.

i don't see why they couldn't do a wwe x njpw crossover

wwe just probably would never want to because they have three major japanese stars in nxt and probably don't see any value in the other top new japan stars.

It's just way too different of a work style. I think for certain guys it can work, but throwing someone like Reigns in with Shibata would not work well at all.

Top Bottom