• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Heroman

Banned
4emm5xx5cr7y.gif

Oh shit Dutch Mantell is apparently in Orlando with the Jarretts

Okay, I might be interested in the TNA rebrand if Dutch is doing Creative

Kaladin

This reminds me I need to buy 2 nxt tickets..I don't even want to look at how much they go for on stubhub

That's the only way to get them now, sold out pretty much immediately when they went on sale.

Be prepared for about $60 each and that's for shitty tickets like mine.

Some other WK 11 thoughts:

I thought Takahasi looked pretty sloppy. I guess I was expecting a lot more from him, but there are more than a few moments where he just doesn't do things right. The top rope powerbomb for one

I don't get the criticism over length of the Omega/Okada match. Yes, it was long but it never felt like it wasn't telling a story. The whole thing ebbed and flowed, with slow builds and each guy getting their time. I would much rather that level of match than a 20 minute finisher spam fest.

Syder

I don't get the criticism over length of the Omega/Okada match. Yes, it was long but it never felt like it wasn't telling a story. The whole thing ebbed and flowed, with slow builds and each guy getting their time. I would much rather that level of match than a 20 minute finisher spam fest.
I honestly thought only 25-30 minutes had passed when the main event finished.

Agreed. I felt the length a lot more on Tanahashi/Okada at WK10 despite that being 10 minutes shorter. I also can't recall the last match that had me on the edge of my seat for basically 20 minutes.

The ending of that match means so much more when you have a long buildup towards it, so the escalation towards so many finishers doesn't feel jarring our out of place.

The pacing of that match was fucking perfect.

Didn't feel like 45 minutes at all.

Mahonay

Banned
Vince will get back at NJPW with a RAW main event of Roman vs Owens in a submission match with special referee Mick Foley
God, fuck. Reminds me of the couple of times I tried for force myself to watch RAW recently. Whomever is the lead writer for RAW right now needs to be straight up fired.

That's the only way to get them now, sold out pretty much immediately when they went on sale.

Be prepared for about $60 each and that's for shitty tickets like mine.
That's it? Shit, I paid a stupid amount for my nxt Dallas tickets. I think almost 5 for two bad tickets but had the time of my life with my lady. Fucking scalpers.

Kaladin

That's it? Shit, I paid a stupid amount for my nxt Dallas tickets. I think almost 5 for two bad tickets but had the time of my life with my lady. Fucking scalpers.

If you're looking for cheap, I'd snag them before they start announcing matches as I'm sure people will buy real quick. Sure, we know we'll get a Nakamura headlining match, but I bet they'll truly sell out when they start announcing things.

Ithil

suxk17eysq7y.gif

Greatest match of all time

The flip to his feet off Omega's shoulders was just effortless. When they do that flip to their feet from Cena's AA you can see them positioning their arms and prepping for ages before, then no one ever properly lands on their feet except Cesaro. Okada just floats off perfectly like it was nothing.

MG310

Got tickets for NXT in Asbury Park next month.

Just went with the 25 dollar ones since there's no chance of a bad view in Convention Hall outside of the back row of the floor.

God, fuck. Reminds me of the couple of times I tried for force myself to watch RAW recently. Whomever is the lead writer for RAW right now needs to be straight up fired.

Raw writers on Monday morning: "Alright team, Smackdown is really bringing the heat. AJ and Cena 3 is going to be a solid feud, Ziggler is getting a fresh coat of paint, and the mid card belt is actually being used. What can we come up with?"

*Vince breaks down the door* "HAVE ROMAN SPEAR THE ENTIRE ROSTER ALL AT ONCE!"

Kaladin

I paid $35 per ticket (plus service charges, of course) to go to NXT TakeOver: Dallas. :D

My ticket face value for Takeover Orlando was $25, but after fees and parking (worth it for Amway BTW) I paid $67.

Amway Center has a bridge from the paid parking deck to the arena without leaving the deck. It's an amazing convenience and a much shorter line than outside.

Some other WK 11 thoughts:

I thought Takahasi looked pretty sloppy. I guess I was expecting a lot more from him, but there are more than a few moments where he just doesn't do things right. The top rope powerbomb for one

His completely wiffed top rope senton to the outside was terrifying.

I can't believe Downstait is still being used.

I paid $35 per ticket (plus service charges, of course) to go to NXT TakeOver: Dallas. :D
I don't like you.
I only blame myself since I joked to my girlfriend we should go to wrestlemania on our anniversary and she loved the idea, this was about a month before. Nakamura debut brought the hype. (And the expensive tickets)

Top Bottom