• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Anth0ny

C1cjZlyWQAAXdwR.jpg

di

i'm gonna smoke crack with neidhart

i'm fooked

Pikma

Banned
a reason for the Cedric Alexander/Alicia Fox angle on Raw and 205 Live is because Vince McMahon thinks it’s funny how Noam Dar’s Scottish accent makes “Fox” sound like a curse word that also starts with “F”.

It's one of those rumors cagesideseats posts without any kind of source but knowing Vince it's probably true

Watching Botchamania and I forgot that Braun actually had to sell for Shane O Mac's punches at Survivor Series.

Of all the things he actually sells for.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Scott Hall promo in 98 and you could tell even he knew how much the nwo split was messing up his promo.

'Ok who came to see WCW?'(also known as Dubbya Cee Dubya)
'now who came to see the NWO?'
which was the usual promo then
'ok who came to see the black and white'
'ok who came to see that lame wolfpac'

I don't listen to Meltzer's stuff but has he ever recognized how good The Miz has become?
I think he's turned around majorly on him since the Ziggler feud as well as the Talking Smack segment with Bryan. Their No Mercy match got four and a half stars as well from him.

He called him a bad wrestler trying to copy Daniel Bryan I think once which I guess meant he didn't get at the time Miz copying Bryan and his moves was intentional.

Adree

I wish Filthy Tom watched Talking Smack. He will forever remain the inferior reviewer to Pollock/Wai until he starts.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Also Sting's first words since being the Crow and in Sting fashion he does too much when he could have made it simple and amazing

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2it5dd
His first words are telling JJ 'you've got no guts' in his dumb surfer voice THEN he points his bat at Hogan and says coldly 'you're a dead man'

If he had just pointed the bat and Hogan and just said 'you're a dead man' it would have been so much better

Nekofrog

Banned
i was away from wrestling for a long time by wrestlemania 25, watching it now and JBL just got squished like a bug by rey mysterio, then "quit". what was the story going on?

Recall

i was away from wrestling for a long time by wrestlemania 25, watching it now and JBL just got squished like a bug by rey mysterio, then "quit". what was the story going on?

Back injury.

He was retiring and it was a quick send off as he was in a lot of pain at the time.

The back half of Okada/Omega at Wrestle Kingdom 11 is the longest sustained hype I can remember in a long time. They were constantly building to either using the table, the Rainmaker, or the One Winged Angel for like 20 minutes. Pretty insane how you could feel the arena buzzing for that long. Great match.

EDIT: Also some really dangerous high spots in the match as well. These guys are amazing to not have gotten hurt doing any of that.

Omega's taking time off, apparently. After New Year Dash I had wondered where Kenny and the Bullet Club go from here, as they were kinda made out to be the big losers coming out of Wrestle Kingdom - some time away could definitely help, then they can return with a big impact later in the year, after the NJ Cup maybe.

Recall

Omega's taking time off, apparently. After New Year Dash I had wondered where Kenny and the Bullet Club go from here, as they were kinda made out to be the big losers coming out of Wrestle Kingdom - some time away could definitely help, then they can return with a big impact later in the year, after the NJ Cup maybe.

That seems like a solid plan, I am already eagerly awaiting his next match though. Build up his return maybe?

Adree

EDIT: Also some really dangerous high spots in the match as well. These guys are amazing to not have been gotten hurt doing any of that.

I hope that doesn't become a trend. Didn't need those spots to be good and the potential for something tragic to happen was just too high.

I hope that doesn't become a trend. Didn't need those spots to be good and the potential for something tragic to happen was just too high.

I haven't been following wrestling very closely recently, so I can't tell you if that's a trend in New Japan right now, but they've generally been good at not overdoing that stuff, though they certainly have their own issues with headbutts and head/neck drops.

That makes sense, honestly.

Omega's body was probably still somewhat wrecked from G1, add that match and everything leading up to it and time off sounds wise.

Adree

I haven't been following wrestling very closely recently, so I can't tell you if that's a trend in New Japan right now, but they've generally been good at not overdoing that stuff, though they certainly have their own issues with headbutts and head/neck drops.

I think Meltzer was saying that nobody does dragon suplexes off the top rope. Watching that is like watching Rock smash Foley with a chair.

Jamie OD

He just tweeted he's stepping away from Japan to reassess his future. Who knows what he'll do next.

Dream booking. Took an offer he can't refuse, shows up at the rumble, wins, challenges aj for the belt at wrestlemania, puts on a 7 star performance with him. Tears down the fans eyes from the grand spectacle they just witnessed. Now we enter the Omega era.

Recall

Dream booking. Took an offer he can't refuse, shows up at the rumble, wins, challenges aj for the belt at wrestlemania, puts on a 7 star performance with him. Tears down the fans eyes from the grand spectacle they just witnessed. Now we enter the Omega era.

Have you not seen WWE'a booking of the last 15 years.

Great you do cool business for 3 months then you go down to preshow matches and secretly wish you will get released.

How do I know this?

Fucking look at everything they've done everything fucking time.

The fact Omega finished WK11 without hitting the One Winged Angel even once made me thing - for sure - there was a solid plan going forward. Even with that Tweet, it makes me think there is something for him in NJPW. He could just have many months rest and have the rematch in usual June event?

I don't want WWE anywhere near Omega, as they ruin 99% of people they touch. AJ is the sole thing they have not fucked up out of about 20 great names they signed in the last 5 years. Nakamura and Joe spending so long in NXT ranks as a fuck up to me.

Have you not seen WWE'a booking of the last 15 years.

Great you do cool business for 3 months then you go down to preshow matches and secretly wish you will get released.

How do I know this?

Fucking look at everything they've done everything fucking time.
That's why I started with dream booking, let a man dream dammit!

Just watched 2012 Royal Rumble randomly, man I didn't remember it being as bad as it was, 3/4s of it was just joke entries or complete jobbers lol. What a shit match.

Shit winner too, but we all know how that turned out hahahaha.

He was probably happy as at that time, his career on the ups, no idea what was to come a few short months later.

Tagyhag

Just watched 2012 Royal Rumble randomly, man I didn't remember it being as bad as it was, 3/4s of it was just joke entries or complete jobbers lol. What a shit match.

He was probably happy as at that time, his career on the ups, no idea what was to come a few short months later.

That one had the weirdest poster too. A shopped Santino that looked NOTHING like him.

I do miss the gimmicks though like the Roman one that they did.

Jamie OD

I remember when by the time Road Dogg came out near the end I was thinking "The biggest prize in WWE is on the line and THIS is the line-up that wants it most?"

The fact Omega finished WK11 without hitting the One Winged Angel even once made me thing - for sure - there was a solid plan going forward. Even with that Tweet, it makes me think there is something for him in NJPW. He could just have many months rest and have the rematch in usual June event?

I don't want WWE anywhere near Omega, as they ruin 99% of people they touch. AJ is the sole thing they have not fucked up out of about 20 great names they signed in the last 5 years. Nakamura and Joe spending so long in NXT ranks as a fuck up to me.

I completely agree.

I mean, he probably won't kill himself in WWE. But fuck. He'll get his down season title run where people think "WWE is good again" then Mania season he'll be jobbing to part timers or Roman or whoever the fuck.

It's probably
hopefully
a work.

Top Bottom