• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Recall

Omega just added to his Tweet:

i07ieo1.png

Maybe he was going to be champ but they changed the finish before the show?

You never hear about Japanese booking mentality so speculate away.

Hasney

The fact Omega finished WK11 without hitting the One Winged Angel even once made me thing - for sure - there was a solid plan going forward. Even with that Tweet, it makes me think there is something for him in NJPW. He could just have many months rest and have the rematch in usual June event?

I don't want WWE anywhere near Omega, as they ruin 99% of people they touch. AJ is the sole thing they have not fucked up out of about 20 great names they signed in the last 5 years. Nakamura and Joe spending so long in NXT ranks as a fuck up to me.

The other way you could look at the OWA situation is that they were keeping him sweet before negotiating.

I know the Rumble always has filler, but this one was insane junk filler.

They did the ZOMG COMMENTATOR IS IN IT?!? spot with all 3 commentators lol.

It didn't help that the 'final 4' guys in the Rumble were like, #25+ entries or something so the vast majority of it felt like lol dis guy ain't winning shit. Joke after joke after jobber after jobber entries. O_O

And the WWE Title match had such a weird finish. Punk wins it like 3 times but no ref there to award it cause he took a bump and corrupt Laurinaitis (who was the other ref outside) was being corrupt. So the real ref finally gets in the ring and Punk just wins it again this time the ref counts and then Laurinaitis jumps in the ring too and just counts along with the ref.

So confusing. The swerve was that there was no swerve. Get it?

Suzuki-gun, for better or worse, got a huge reaction and a lot of heat last night.

I wonder if WWE is even capable of having people look like that anymore.

outside of surprises, the Rumble is generally a bad match. There's been several more bad ones than good ones.

The Rumble winner is almost always WWE trying to force through their horrible Mania plans and hoping everything is jaded enough not to rebel so they are not forced into changing the plans in Febuary. The last person to win a Rumble and have me excited going forward to Mania was Benoit - that was 2004. Rey and Edge are the only two other names since then that were a bit interesting.

Wrestlers meeting during the Rumble (Owens/Zayn), and the storylines leading front that, is much more exciting than the ending of the Rumble itself.

The fact Omega finished WK11 without hitting the One Winged Angel even once made me thing - for sure - there was a solid plan going forward. Even with that Tweet, it makes me think there is something for him in NJPW. He could just have many months rest and have the rematch in usual June event?

I don't want WWE anywhere near Omega, as they ruin 99% of people they touch. AJ is the sole thing they have not fucked up out of about 20 great names they signed in the last 5 years. Nakamura and Joe spending so long in NXT ranks as a fuck up to me.

The more I watch of stuff like NJPW, Progress and PWG the more I realize how much more I enjoy that style of presentation and wrestling over WWE. There's something so much more fun to it and exciting than what we get in WWE.

Wreddit is creaming themselves over getting. I've only seen a small amount of Tommy End but I'm concerned his gimmick wont be able to be as hard as it is in Progress.

Just watched 2012 Royal Rumble randomly, man I didn't remember it being as bad as it was, 3/4s of it was just joke entries or complete jobbers lol. What a shit match.

Shit winner too, but we all know how that turned out hahahaha.

He was probably happy as at that time, his career on the ups, no idea what was to come a few short months later.

Rumble matches are ALWAYS a garbage pile of gimmicks. I love them because they're dumb fun, but there are very few that truly excel. Just look at the dumpster fire of a Rumble in 1997

WWE would need to give Kenny insane money to get him to come given he seems pretty determined to be one of the best wrestlers to have never wrestled there. I can't see him coming, not now at least.

Joe's a likely call-up to debut during the rumble. With the best case being him mauling his way through the match before he gets eliminated by someone strong to go into a Wrestlemania feud with them.

If 10 chants happen during the countdowns during the rumble to ruin it, I will encourage Vince to bury the fuck out of Tye Dillinger.

I know we all might be getting worked, but if he does make the jump and debuts at Rumble, please don't zoom in to Roman's face and ruin the moment.
Worst camera work ever, if I wasn't there live I would've been mad. What's his contract situation anyways? Did new Japan sign him to a multi-year one?

Watching Botchamania and I forgot that Braun actually had to sell for Shane O Mac's punches at Survivor Series.

Of all the things he actually sells for.

Ha yeah I noticed that too. Ridiculous.

Regarding Omega's tweet, maybe it's a work, maybe it's WWE, or maybe it's My Bloody Valentine just made Loveless how do I top a 6 star match better lay low for a bit.

Recall

The amount of WWE talent tweeting praise for WrassleKingdom was a bit weird too.

Good for WWE for letting people acknowledge it I guess.

WWE doesn't 100% dictate what people can and can't tweet, it's just that there are repercussions if you don't promote things and / or tweet the wrong things.

Maybe those who tweeted about it got a message telling them not to continue to do so? Or maybe they don't care as more eyes on sports entertainment the better?

WWE are big brother.

Recall

The next TakeOver card looks very poor.

The NXT boom period is over.

Nakamura must be loving his schedule for running shows in front of 500 people and countless pointless house shows.

He went from the king of NJPW to the only novelty of NXT, the developmental promotion.

imBask

Banned
I knew I should've kept a list of names of people on this board who argued with me that Omega would NEEEEEVER go to WWE and that he was in japan forever

motherfucker's getting paid

The next TakeOver card looks very poor.

If you don't mind being spoiled on what it is...

Elias Samson vs. No Way Jose

TM-61 vs. The Revival

Eric Young vs. Tye Dillinger

Roderick Strong vs. Andrade "Cien" Almas

NXT Tag Titles: DIY vs. Authors of Pain

NXT Women's title: Asuka vs. Nikki Cross vs. Peyton Royce vs. Billie Kay

NXT Title: Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Bobby Roode

Actually, it doesn't look half-bad to me.

WWE selling wrestlers as younger then they actually are will never not be funny. 35 year old Finn Balor being sold like a kid going up against 30 year old Seth Rollins.

If you don't mind being spoiled on what it is...

Elias Samson vs. No Way Jose

TM-61 vs. The Revival

Eric Young vs. Tye Dillinger

Roderick Strong vs. Andrade "Cien" Almas

NXT Tag Titles: DIY vs. Authors of Pain

NXT Women's title: Asuka vs. Nikki Cross vs. Peyton Royce vs. Billie Kay

NXT Title: Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Bobby Roode

Actually, it doesn't look half-bad to me.

The undercard has two matches that could be good. I don't have faith that any of the title matches will be good.

Seeing my first of Jimmy Havoc. That dude has some nuclear heat with the Progress crowd.

Jimmy's heel turn is seriously one of the best storylines I've seen in wrestling, it was so fucking cool to watch that unfold firsthand. It's a big part of the promotion's success, imo, the shows kept selling out quicker and quicker because people were desperate to see what happened next.

Top Bottom