• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

Recall

when you grow up watching wwe, dreaming of wwe, being sold the wwe wrestlemania dream, train your ass off in wrestling school, bump you ass off for years in gyms in front of 50 people for $100 a match...

then WWE offers you a chance to wrestle on tv, in front of thousands for 6 figures a year

it's unfortunate that there's no real competition out there for them.

The politics and pointless house shows mean is it really worth it?

Daniel Bryan earned more on the indies than he did in WWE for quite a while. It took a long time before it financially paid off and he was lucky all things considered.

I do find it funny that fans and some workers got a bug up their butt about pirating WK, considering like 90% of workers I know are the biggest pirate thieves in the history of the high seas

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
I think Zayn's going to have a bit of an uptick when he finally manages to defeat Braun. Assuming neither of them wins the rumble (!), I'm guessing Zayn eliminates Braun - and then we can have their final match at Mania. If they're gutsy? Give them an Iron Man match, something like that. 30 mins, most falls. Something definitive and brutal that lets them both play to their strengths. Honestly, could make stars of both of them.

It was a great "final match", but I'll remain bummed that Zayn vs Owens for the Universal Championship has been ruined as a potential Wrestlemania main-ish event. WWE couldn't help themselves with running it into the ground like they do everything. I do like his work with Braun in theory though. Just not as a Mania program

Barrage

I really wish that when people complain about the poor writing and booking and say "WWE", they would say RAW instead, because that's clearly what they're really talking about. The vast majority of complaints in here are about RAW specifically (or weirdly the way HHH was booked over a decade ago, but I ain't a psychiatrist).,

Smack down is vastly improved but people with a hate boner ignore it so they can generally trash the product.

1. Braun can't work a 30 mins match
2. Braun vs Roman is the WM match probably, Zayn will end up in a multi man ladder match.

Don't break my heart. Braun vs Roman feels like an inevitability, yes - hopefully for the US title, if it happens? - but it's just going to be sad. And then it'll be apparent that Sami is just a sacrificial lamb to make Roman look strong, in a roundabout way.

Goldberg hit a killer spear on Nunzio at the '04 Rumble.

Such a shit show the way the Goldberg vs Brock feud blow off at WM20 ended because the build up was great. Especially the interference by Goldberg in the Eddie Guerrero vs Lesnar title match out at No Way Out.

Edit: I need to get a steel chair and beat my android phone autocorrect into submission for all the botches it makes in my posts.

Heroman

Banned
Most weeks I think Smackdown is just a show, and biggest problem with smackdown is that I only care about like 4 guys on roster

Don't break my heart. Braun vs Roman feels like an inevitability, yes - hopefully for the US title, if it happens? - but it's just going to be sad. And then it'll be apparent that Sami is just a sacrificial lamb to make Roman look strong, in a roundabout way.
Roman is winning the the belt at RR, and they think that babyfaces like Zayn get over by losing so they're doing a good job

It's not but they have little options right now and it's their own fault. Their stars of the mid to late 00's are all but gone, who's left, Cena, Orton, and Jericho who all are part-time themselves? Just try to imagine who will be in these spots in five years from now.

We'll still be getting Brock, Taker, and Cena matches. People probably said the same crap 5 years ago, and 5 years before that. There has been no shortage of good talent that has come through the WWE. The thing is the WWE is very reluctant to try and switch up the product. The moment ratings dip in a meaningful way we get HHH, Steph or Vince on the screen. Look at them hyping up Shawn and Taker coming to RAW. Why can't that just be a HOLY SHIT moment of surprise? They're not competing with WCW anymore there is no need to tease this out.

The only way you can ever move on and improve is by dealing with the ebs & flows that come with your business. Simply course correcting by throwing Big Name Star A out there isn't sustainable long term.

I do find it funny that fans and some workers got a bug up their butt about pirating WK, considering like 90% of workers I know are the biggest pirate thieves in the history of the high seas

What difference does it make who pirates the show? People you know pirate shows so fuck it who cares?

Luschient

Fawk yeah!

Screen_Shot_2017_01_06_at_10_57_25_AM.png

So you admit you were just saying something dumb to get people riled up

Have you seen me post before

I do think it's rather silly to wag the finger at pirates unless you work for the company, that's for them to handle (and NJPW does gangbusters what with NJPWorld and English commentary)

I think Zayn's going to have a bit of an uptick when he finally manages to defeat Braun. Assuming neither of them wins the rumble (!), I'm guessing Zayn eliminates Braun - and then we can have their final match at Mania. If they're gutsy? Give them an Iron Man match, something like that. 30 mins, most falls. Something definitive and brutal that lets them both play to their strengths. Honestly, could make stars of both of them.

He's not going to beat Braun... At most he'll get to eliminate Braun from the Rumble and that'll be him "winning the feud"

Recall

I know for a fact AJ Styles had a "jailbroke" OG xbox where you would basically play the pirated games off the hard drive.

Samoa Joe and AJ have talked about it in the past on shoots when discussing their love of games and of Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 on the 64.

shanafan

I know for a fact AJ Styles had a "jailbroke" OG xbox where you would basically play the pirated games off the hard drive.

Samoa Joe and AJ have talked about it in the past on shoots when discussing their love of games and of Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 on the 64.

I wonder what launcher he used on his modded Xbox. I was a big fan of Avalaunch.

OH.. Do It Yourself. Got it! lol

It's a play on the legendary Wrestling Society X team Do It For Her, made of Jimmy Jacobs and Tyler Black/Seth Rollins.

hqdefault.jpg

Contrary to rumors, DIFH does not stand for Do It For Hitler's Groupies, even though Rollins was a member of the team.

/s

Hasney

There's 2 things that are well known about Ciampa and Gargano. 1) They're Reaper mains in Overwatch and 2) they cannot spell. They just wanted to homage to their mains ultimate is all.

Zayn is literally an underdog babyface who actually does get over by losing but showing lots of fight

That may have worked in other feuds but Zayn is the least over he's been since starting in NXT right now. He's been getting killed so bad by Strowman that he's not credible any more.

That may have worked in other feuds but Zayn is the least over he's been since starting in NXT right now. He's been getting killed so bad by Strowman that he's not credible any more.
Zayn is a vanilla midget with the face of a goof, would you have wanted Dean Malenko whipping Goldberg's ass in WCW in 1998?

somedevil

Never heard this before but Christopher Daniels was pitched to be the higher power to Vince:

On Who Was Supposed To Be The Higher Power: “The original idea was ‘The Fallen Angel’ Christopher Daniels. And then Vince saw him and said, ‘absolutely not’. [McMahon did not like Daniels’] size. [He] just didn’t see it.” Prichard continued, “Chris was working out in California and Chris was working indies and different things an I was a big fan of Chris Daniels too at the time. I liked the ‘Fallen Angel’ gimmick and I want to say we had Chris under a developmental deal for a little while. [He] just didn’t see it. He just looked at him and he didn’t see it. He was dead from the get-go.”

Daniels was under a developmental deal at that time for WWE.

Never heard this before but Christopher Daniels was pitched to be the higher power to Vince:

Daniels was under a developmental deal at that time for WWE.

I wonder if its time for Christopher Daniels to get a WWE run.

Googles: Damn, dude is 46

Jeez. I guess going bold early hides the age.

Kaladin

Finally watched Okada vs Omega. 5 stars? Sure.

Six stars is jumping the shark.

For something to be considered the greatest wrestling match in the history of wrestling, it has to stand the test of time. I don't see that here.

Hasney

For something to be considered the greatest wrestling match in the history of wrestling, it has to stand the test of time. I don't see that here.

It's actually his second 6 star match and all reviews were given near the date of the match, so test of time means shit.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Again, its just Meltzer joking around about the fact people claim he gives all matches in the Tokyo Dome an extra star.

Top Bottom