• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

somedevil

WWE announced the 16 entrants for the UK tournament:

Trent Seven (England)
Danny Burch (England)
HC Dyer (England)
Pete Dunne (England)
Wolfgang (Scotland)
Jordan Devlin (Republic of Ireland)
Sam Gradwell (England)
Tyler Bate (England)
James Drake (England)
Tucker (Northern Ireland)
Tyson T-Bone (England)
Joseph Conners (England)
Dan Moloney (England)
Roy Johnson (England)
Mark Andrews (Wales)
Saxon Huxley (England)

http://www.wwe.com/section/uk-championship-tournament-competitors

KissVibes

Banned
Chris Hero looks like he's wider than Owens and Joe and not in the good, barrel-chested hoss way. WWE wants to try to put him up against Nakamura? They may as well dig Butterbean out of whatever TruTV reality show hole he's in and put him in the match. Hell, snatch a random guy out of the crowd and he'd look more credible.

Wrestling is also about aesthetics and Hero does not have a good look unless he's going to wrestle in a tracksuit or sweats. Even Owens, who I love, borders on having an awful look but his character and promo work saves it. Hero ain't got that.

Syder

Chris Hero looks like he's wider than Owens and Joe and not in the good, barrel-chested hoss way. WWE wants to try to put him up against Nakamura? They may as well dig Butterbean out of whatever TruTV reality show hole he's in and put him in the match. Hell, snatch a random guy out of the crowd and he'd look more credible.

Wrestling is also about aesthetics and Hero does not have a good look unless he's going to wrestle in a tracksuit or sweats. Even Owens, who I love, borders on having an awful look but his character and promo work saves it. Hero ain't got that.
  1. Take a shower
  2. Hit the weights
  3. Get a clue

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Even discounting the stars, he says it's the best wrestling match he's ever seen.

I say it's not even close.

That's because while he is making fun of people saying it, the criticism that Meltzer overhypes everything in the Tokyo Dome is true.

Anth0ny

Oh man we're getting Roman vs Jericho AND Owens this week for the US Title....

C1gRPOzXcAArhSL.jpg

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2017-01-09?sf49744641=1

my god

i can't

Anth0ny

logical finish: jericho and owens win, but owens won't have jericho by his side at the rumble

possible finish: ends in a dq to make roman look strong

likely finish: reigns wins clean, pinning jericho. "byron! if owens couldn't win in a handicap match, how will he handle the big dog at wwe royal rumble remember the rumble trademark copyright?"

Kaladin

What makes you say that?

I've just seen better matches that will stand the test of time longer than that will. I would put Cena vs Punk from MITB as better than that, or even Brett vs Austin from WM13 is better.

Or if we want to jump in the wayback machine, Flair vs Funk from Clash IX is the best match I've ever seen.

Heroman

Banned
I've just seen better matches that will stand the test of time longer than that will. I would put Cena vs Punk from MITB as better than that, or even Brett vs Austin from WM13 is better.

Or if we want to jump in the wayback machine, Flair vs Funk from Clash IX is the best match I've ever seen.
But why won't it stand the test of time?

Kornflayx

That Omega table bump is on par with Mankind going off the side of the cell. Absolutely insane. HE BROKE THE METAL BAR ON THE SIDE

Jeez Vince was a fucking Savage during the territory days when negotiations came out. Asked Ted would he call Jim(Ted) or does he need to(Vince).

klonere

Banned

Hero is better at everything, absolutely everything that has to do with being a professional wrestler than Kevin Owens. In-ring, character, promos, everything.

He'll lose a few pounds and be fucking golden. Balee dat.

Meltzer on his board says that if WWE wants Omega, they could absolutely get him. Says he think it'd take something like $700k/year. Also said WWE really doesn't like when guys from other companies get big buzz.

As far as his contract, Dave says Omega'a old deal expired on Jan. 31st, but he doesn't know if there is a new deal in place or not.

Sephzilla

Meltzer on his board says that if WWE wants Omega, they could absolutely get him. Says he think it'd take something like $700k/year. Also said WWE really doesn't like when guys from other companies get big buzz.

As far as his contract, Dave says Omega'a old deal expired on Jan. 31st, but he doesn't know if there is a new deal in place or not.

This sounds like a very Vince/HHH mindset

Top Bottom