• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| Big Month John

shaowebb

I still haven't watched Wrestle Kingdom 11 yet. Did not expect so much love for Omega vs Okada honestly. Thought it'd all go to Naito and Tanahashi. I'm hoping for greatness from Goto vs Shibata . Both are great at stiff and aggressive wrestling so I wanted to see it pretty bad. Especially since I've been waiting for Goto to become a champ for a bit.

deli2000

I still haven't watched Wrestle Kingdom 11 yet. Did not expect so much love for Omega vs Okada honestly. Thought it'd all go to Naito and Tanahashi. I'm hoping for greatness from Goto vs Shibata . Both are great at stiff and aggressive wrestling so I wanted to see it pretty bad. Especially since I've been waiting for Goto to become a champ for a bit.

Goto/Shibata will not disappoint.

Heroman

Banned
The last 4 matches are tremendous.

Nekofrog

Banned
I know essentially nothing about hakus kids in njpw except that people shit on them for being bad, but I saw their match on njpw world live and was thoroughly entertained by the whole thing. Are they not normally that good?

Bronx-Man

Banned
I rewatched Nakamura vs Ibushi and jesus christ. It's tied with Flair vs HBK as the greatest match I've ever witnessed as it happened.

Owens is salvageable. It'll take a while, but he's got the talent to come back from this goofy bullshit. Remember how badass he was as the monster heel that took out Zayn and beat Cena in his debut? He needs to be THAT again.

Roman is toxic to almost everyone he's in contact with, teaming or feuding. Even the Usos admitted this on Talking Smack.

Omega is 50/50 with me right now. He seems to really love Japan, but I wouldn't be surprised if he feels like he's done all he can do there. I look forward to seeing him sell for the Sooper Manpunch at WWE Highway to Flyway or whatever the fuck.

I know essentially nothing about hakus kids in njpw except that people shit on them for being bad, but I saw their match on njpw world live and was thoroughly entertained by the whole thing. Are they not normally that good?

It's taken them a while to gel, Tanga Loa's only really started to get it over the past couple of months and they're having some great matches now. Incidentally, Haku's youngest kid just joined the dojo - he's a monster, 6'11! Hikule'o is his name, I watched his debut match in NZ a month or so back, he's definitely one to look out for.

Also, how many damn kids does Haku have?!

Raw64life

Goto/Shibata was excellent. It just got overshadowed by the 2 matches right after it is all.

Hasney

It's a fun match, but honestly, Osprey V Shibatas brief interaction at New Years Dash is so much better.

Seriously, if that match goes ahead where if Shibata properly catches him he's dead, but Osprey is all over the place could be 2017's most fun match.

somedevil

Listening to the Japanese Audio Wrestling podcast and Chris Charlton brought up what he heard about Ospreay:

Chris Charlton has heard from sources that Ospreay has rubbed some important people in the wrong direction. His hyperactive personality has not benefited him behind the scenes.

Starts at 34 minute mark.

Both of those are under ITV contract.

Joe Hendry, BT Gunn, Lewis Girvan and perhaps Lionheart and Jackie Polo are the only people I can think of off the top of my head. I don't see WWE being interested in Chris Renfrew or Jack Jester, and I don't think anyone else quite has enough exposure.

Dunno how Joe Hendry would work in this tournament (or WWE in general) without getting his music gimmick in as well. I guess if he stuck to stuff like national anthems and WWE themes it could work at least. Girvan is perhaps not quite there yet, I think he'd need another year of building. BT would perhaps be the best other Scottish representative.

Anth0ny

Listening to the Japanese Audio Wrestling podcast and Chris Charlton brought up what he heard about Ospreay:

Chris Charlton has heard from sources that Ospreay has rubbed some important people in the wrong direction. His hyperactive personality has not benefited him behind the scenes.

sounds like vader is rubbing off on him

he's learning how to work a work behind the scenes as a shoot

Sephzilla

But I won the official sfv wrasslegaf tourney last year. ������

I was happy that it took the Champ to take me out. Much respect

whathedo.gif

I WANT MY REMATCH

Considering he's about to go through a match with Shibata I'm not surprised. Shibata will likely beat some respect into him.

Are New Japan the types to punish someone they're annoyed with by booking them at their Mania and then giving them a tltle program with their next big project?

Haha, and you all thought I'd be back after giving up on Raw last week. This is going to be TOO EASY. Couple washed up has-beens making nothing appearances and Roman squashing the 2 most over guys on the roster. Vince making this way too easy on me.

AJ's not in that match though/

ngower

Not to break up the Omega love/Reigns hate-fest, but catching up on the past five or six NXTs and good lord I don't know if I could hate Billie Kay anymore. I can't put my finger on it, but the entrance music...attire...her moveset....it all just makes me want to drink bleach.

Pikma

Banned
Not to break up the Omega love/Reigns hate-fest, but catching up on the past five or six NXTs and good lord I don't know if I could hate Billie Kay anymore. I can't put my finger on it, but the entrance music...attire...her moveset....it all just makes me want to drink bleach.
I'm the total opposite, I love everything about her
except her in ring skills lol

Fawk yeah!

Screen_Shot_2017_01_06_at_10_57_25_AM.png
Now you too and have Jim sit down for shoots to bitch about everyone and everything he hates.
The Roman Reigns experiment is such a complete failure, not only is Roman still not over but everybody he touches becomes poison. It's almost impressive in a way, Vince has managed to do the exact opposite of what he intended.

It's amazing just how stubborn or delusional they've been, dude's a heel that they're treating like a babyface.

I was happy that it took the Champ to take me out. Much respect

whathedo.gif

I WANT MY REMATCH

It's a damn shame Mark didn't get at least a short run at that time, granted with how injury prone he is he might not have made it a month or two and maybe he did get hurt again not long after, I don't remember it's too bad it took him so damn long for stuff to finally "click".

Nekofrog

Banned

I feel you on that. I like Peyton (like might be too strong, I can tolerate peyton) but Billie Kay just sets off the same "FUCK THIS SHIT WRESTLING SUCKS" alarm that Becky lynch does

Top Bottom