• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading how everyone enjoyed 'Creed' recently my immediate thought was most of you have terrible taste in faux-grunge christian rock. But then I realise it's the Rocky spin-off... I take It I should watch when I get the chance then?

I've also never seen Rocky Balboa for whatever reason, is it any good? The one where Rocky has the street fight at the end was the drizzling shits but I love the original four.

You'll love both movies most likely. Rocky Balboa was a nice surprise.

I used to say that Creed does Rocky V the right way, but I don't want to associate that nice movie with that crap.

Edit: Holy shit, Tommy Morrison died? I didn't know...

I used to say that Creed does Rocky V the right way, but I don't want to associate that nice movie with that crap.

I'll check them out then.

Had no idea about Morrison either. How did he die?

Apologies for the delayed response, I got distracted by an article about the history of vibrators on the Guardian website. It made me realise that a) i'm definitely bored of being single and b) I can't even read an article on sex toys in a UK broadsheet's website without finding another reason to be ashamed to be male. In this case, the treatment of 'hysterical' women in the late 1800's. Barbaric.

I think i'll stick to talking about Rocky movies and wrasslin' on here this evening for a more lighthearted outlook.

I will say that you should see them in order because they track Rocky's life. I saw Balboa after Creed, and I think it was the poorer experience for it.

Okada/Tanahashi was the most boring big money match I've seen since Taker/Lesnar at WM30

I dug the history they were playing off of and paying off, but I enjoyed Shibata vs. Ishii more. I respected Styles vs. Nakamura, but I didn't have the emotional investment. Each match offered something different and good.

Given the injuries, it looks a given. Roman won't give them enough buys and there is noone else so they need Brock. Brock can't lose, atleast currently, so well...

Wanna see how they get rid off Strowman in the Rumble.

Answered your own question, friend.

The god king will toss him out like the sack of shit he is.

DMczaf

tumblr_nz0pxyPbvg1u1ljrzo1_540.gif

You'd think it would be an obvious decision after the Beast in the East was such a success.
With one being the first televised event in Japan(well not really the first and not televised) and the other being in MSG, then this one being in Houston it may have had something to do with it.

Jericho said:
“Why, because I started a ‘rooty tooty booty’ chant? You mean that’s not ‘if you smell what The Rock is cooking?’ level of comedy? The thing is, it works! It’s fun because it’s The New Day. Their whole gimmick is based around being goofy and I knew that I could get people to chant ‘rooty tooty booty’, so if you weren’t there and you didn’t like it, tough luck because the people in San Antonio loved it! … If that’s bad humor and you didn’t laugh, oh, I’m sorry. Go watch some Kierkegaard or something like that. Go watch some Peter Sellers movies or something because I thought it was funny and it was a catchphrase that was chanted throughout the show and they’ll probably make a damn t-shirt of it.”

Kierkegaard 3:16 says I must act, but reflection has closed the road so I take one of the possibilities and say: This is what I do, I cannot do otherwise because I am brought to a standstill by my powers of reflection.

Rocky IV is the best Rocky movie. What the hell is wrong with you guys?

I must admit, whenever anyone mentions the Rocky movies the first scene that comes to mind is Drago murdering Apollo Creed, then Mr T with the reporters, then Drago's russian training regimen (that's probably been the source material for a few Vince McMahon wanks.) Then Apollo Creed dancing to Living in America. Rocky himself is oddly absent from my most memorable Rocky moments.

Fox318

Pretty sure he corpsed while walking back

https://youtu.be/6UsgjXdFBd8?t=479
I love how he ignores the high fives and shit.

He ain't no Baby face.

He is there to kick ass and leave standing.

If that was anyone else Vince would have them ham it up to the crowds like a Cena or reigns.

He is what a real champ is. He brings an edge of serousness to every match.

Not one member of the new day could do this. They are to busy trying to be entertaining sometimes to a point where it reminds you how fake wrestling is.

I love how he ignores the high fives and shit.

He ain't no Baby face.

He is there to kick ass and leave standing.

If that was anyone else Vince would have them ham it up to the crowds like a Cena or reigns.

He is what a real champ is. He brings an edge of serousness to every match.

Not one member of the new day could do this. They are to busy trying to be entertaining sometimes to a point where it reminds you how fake wrestling is.
New Day and Lesnar are in two different universes lol.

Like D-Von said, New Day are like E&C. Very talented but funny bad guys.

Lesnar is more like the Dudley's because he's serious and all business.

DMczaf

When is a good age to teach your son some shoot holds so they can handle themselves if someone goes into business for themselves?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom