• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiii

So not worth it
When is a good age to teach your son some shoot holds so they can handle themselves if someone goes into business for themselves?

Spear and jackhammer should be taught by age three so they can improve on the impact and perfect it by age 10 when bullies start to become more menacing.

shaowebb

Spear and jackhammer should be thought by age three so they can improve on the impact and perfect it by age 10 when bullies start to become more menacing.

Just train em to fight off of Nakamura spots.
L4oJvNt.gif

bAVMPyw.gif

shaowebb

Anyone think we'll get Okada/Nakamura in a belt vs belt? Kenny Omega is now leader of Bullet Club and called out Nakamura so they may use him to take the belt and put over the heels for the rest of the year with that title. I'd love Nakamura to stay...it'd be a good chance to drop the belt, build reason for folks to hate the heels and give him a way into the main title hunt vs Okada.

Anyone think we'll get Okada/Nakamura in a belt vs belt? Kenny Omega is now leader of Bullet Club and called out Nakamura so they may use him to take the belt and put over the heels for the rest of the year with that title. I'd love Nakamura to stay...it'd be a good chance to drop the belt, build reason for folks to hate the heels and give him a way into the main title hunt vs Okada.

I'm happy for Anderson and Gallows to head to WWE, i'm bored of watching them in NJPW even though I quite like Anderson. I can see why AJ wants to make the jump as he's rapidly heading for 40, so he needs to do it now if ever. But Nak? I just can't see him getting what he deserves in WWE. History has shown us time and time again that they'll fuck it.

Aiii

So not worth it
Maffew posted this screenshot...
12507684_1117397118271340_5769029593909185138_n.png

Bought Undertale a while ago, should really get around to playing it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just train em to fight off of Nakamura spots.
L4oJvNt.gif

bAVMPyw.gif

sometimes I struggle to pinpoint how Nakamura isnt killing people

giphy.gif

some Boma Yes looks brutal, like half my brain goes "yo dog wrestling is fake" and the other half is like "its still real to me damn it!"

Anth0ny

If the rumours of their pay are true then there's no way in hell they'll ever be on Superstars.

Then again Taker was when they came back in 08'

Think of how much they're paying del rio and how he's being treated

Their first big idea for him was "mexamerica"

JavyOO7

I'm only in March of last year for my NJPW viewing but man, you have to give Shibata a shot at the tippy top of that promotion just for having one of the best themes in that fed.

You know what, I'll watch his match against Ishii right now.

Eww, the commentary is in English. =/

Think of how much they're paying del rio and how he's being treated

Their first big idea for him was "mexamerica"
That brought him back simply because they needed a bigger Hispanic figure. And obviously you can only get your Hispanic base up by having two face off(not really but that's how it is with Vince.)

JavyOO7

Ishii vs Shibata was great. Easy to watch match that goes by pretty quick for 24 mins. "Anything you can do I can do better."

somedevil

These TNA spoilers are hilarious for the new tapings:

First this is what TNA is doing with the wolves:

* TNA Tag Team Champions The Wolves call out Crazzy Steve. Apparently he stole their belts at some point when he and another person jumped The Wolves. A woman wearing paint comes out and does a riddle for The Wolves... Steve then comes out but doesn't have the belts. It turns out Abyss was the one who helped Steve jump The Wolves as he comes out to the stage. The Wolves rush them and a brawl breaks out on the stage

* The Wolves defeated Crazzy Steve and Abyss by DQ. Ten minutes in, the girl in paint comes back out with the titles. She distracts The Wolves, leading to Abyss and Steve getting disqualified. They beat The Wolves down and celebrate with the belts before leaving with them

What a Waste of talent and here is their opponents manager that might be Courtney Rush

CYUp2eoWEAAiWBQ.jpg

Plus the Main Event:

* Jeff Hardy vs. Matt Hardy for the World Heavyweight Title didn't happen. Jeff came out first, followed by Matt with Tyrus and Reby. Eric Young comes out after introductions and complains that he's the real #1 contender. Matt attacks Jeff, then EY and Bram join in on the beatdown. Beer Money comes down to attack EY and Bram. Abyss and Crazzy Steve are out next to join the brawl. Beer Money fights Abyss and Steve to the back. Kurt Angle comes out to confront Matt but Tyrus nails him. Matt levels Angle with the title. Matt and Tyrus leave the ring and watch from the ramp as Jeff fights Bram and EY. EY piledrives Jeff from the apron through a table in a nice spot. EY and Bram leave as officials come out to help Jeff. A doctor comes out and fans do the "New Day rocks" chants. EMT's bring a backboard out for Jeff after he's been down for at least 15 minutes. They take Jeff out through the crowd, up a ramp and out a side door to a waiting ambulance

Amazing. Love the new day chants during a serious moment. Plus this was the way they wrote out Jeff Hardy from the England tour and possibility out of the company to WWE. To bad no one cares enough about TNA for any podcasts to review these shows.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
TNA is seriously booked like the end of one of those computer booking sims when you did awful for like a decade and a half.

shaowebb

sometimes I struggle to pinpoint how Nakamura isnt killing people

giphy.gif

some Boma Yes looks brutal, like half my brain goes "yo dog wrestling is fake" and the other half is like "its still real to me damn it!"

THAT is the sign of real talent. Nakamura can do shit like that and not kill everyone he faces. Rollins can't go his whole match without taking out someone on the roster monthly.

To be fair though I believe he shattered an orbital bone or two over the years with Boma Ye.

Hex

Banned
These TNA spoilers are hilarious for the new tapings:

First this is what TNA is doing with the wolves:

What a Waste of talent and here is their opponents manager that might be Courtney Rush

CYUp2eoWEAAiWBQ.jpg

Plus the Main Event:

Amazing. Love the new day chants during a serious moment. Plus this was the way they wrote out Jeff Hardy from the England tour and possibility out of the company to WWE. To bad no one cares enough about TNA for any podcasts to review these shows.

Thought Mary Dobson was at another event tonight in Chicago

NoRéN

Johnny Mundo vs. Cage, in a cage!!! Good match to look out for in season 2 of LU.

Also, I'm pretty sure Sami Callihan was backstage.

Hex

Banned
NoRéN;191748317 said:
Johnny Mundo vs. Cage, in a cage!!! Good match to look out for in season 2 of LU.

Also, I'm pretty sure Sami Callihan was backstage.

You understand that there is a reason that people have not listed match ups or spoilers right'?
It is not because they are not out there, it is because we do not want to know anything going in.
We had been doing pretty well.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Kenou vs Ohara was pretty enjoyable. Ohara surprised me. Though their history together does help the match. I recommend people check it out either way. Kenou's been on fire for someone who I found pretty middling when he was in M-Pro.

Oersted

d2579b5bd0a03dd22b0178b977c72db0_crop_north.jpg

I'd be higher on the idea if I trusted them to not just recycle the Rey Mysterio booking for him.

I know, happened before, but afterwards was foreign = heel, and I'm just tired of that gimmick. Its the epitome of tiresome.

How has he not got a singles run yet?

Didnt Sin Cara turn heel and was setting that up at some point? Did I just imagine that?

I just vaguely remember that there was some hope (hah, hope) with Kalistos tournament match against Rio, that they would give him a singles push.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom