• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sugiura and Suzuki work so well together. I bet Suzuki is psyched to have a partner other than fucking Iizuka
thffhghfgfgh03sjf.gif

and Suzuki continues to want Go-senpai to notice him

I don't follow the Carryball, did one team lose via a distraction roll-up?

I don't either, but I looked it up. Bengals were ahead 16-15 with little time left, the Steelers QB had come back for their last drive after being out of the game due to a hard tackle that hurt his throwing arm.

The injured QB threw as hard as he could and-- the defender got stupid and got a penalty. Then another Bengal got another penalty in the ensuing chaos for shoving a coach, and the ball ended up moving 30 yards down the field basically because the Bengals are stupid.

Steelers kick an easy field goal for the win.

Hex

Banned
LEAKED MANIA CARD, DON'T SCROLL DOWN IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW IT

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED

07954be.png

More like WrestleReinia

I don't know why they would, it's a bit generic, isn't it?

I will slap the taste out of your mouth boy.until they feel it all the way back in gimmick postland.

When I win power ball I'll buy the WWE and make wrestling great again.

When I win Power Ball I am just going to buy Kaiju Big Battle and then buy all the good talent away to work for Kaiju Big Battle and make it the force to dethrone the WWE.

Jamie OD

Would love this to be true but what was the last licenced theme - cult of personality maybe? I just don't see them jumping through these kinds of hoops. Unless Triple H is a huge fan.

Maybe the Brine mania match is going to happen after all? (Wishful thinking).

Will Nak use the flying armbreaker if Del Rio is using his (inferior) version? Could make for a fun submission match down the road.

The last licensed themes I can think of were used in NXT. Corey Graves' song was a licensed track as was Adam Rose's for his debut. WWE made their own version of Rose's song when the band turned down a deal. I think Wyatt's song also has some history behind it before WWE.

Ithil

Summary for the shoot interview with Sami Callihan/Solomon Crowe

http://blogofdoom.com/index.php/2016/01/07/rf-video-shoot-interview-with-sami-callihan/

Mostly talks about the Performance Center and people there, including why he left. He's pretty positive and makes it clear he wants to come back eventually if he can.

The last licensed themes I can think of were used in NXT. Corey Graves' song was a licensed track as was Adam Rose's for his debut. WWE made their own version of Rose's song when the band turned down a deal. I think Wyatt's song also has some history behind it before WWE.

Wyatt's song is by Mark Crozer from one of his solo albums, who put it up on a music library at some point. In FCW in about 2012, Bray and Rob Naylor were searching through music libraries when he was developing his Wyatt character, looking for a theme song, and found it, thought it was perfect. Later when he was being called up to the main roster, Naylor (who was in the process of leaving the company at the time) told him to make sure he kept the song no matter what. They were going to write a new theme for him after his call-up, but Bray dug his heels in and said the theme had to stay as it was essential to the character. So WWE relented and instead bought the rights to the song (and changed the title from "Broken Out In Love" to "Live In Fear") outright, so its theirs to keep.
Of course they got Crozer and his band to play the song at WM30, which Crozer mentioned is not something he expected to happen when he uploaded it to the music library years ago.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
reckon the fistbump was planned or a spur of the moment thing?

cause dem goosebumps ;_;

Would love this to be true but what was the last licenced theme - cult of personality maybe? I just don't see them jumping through these kinds of hoops. Unless Triple H is a huge fan.

Maybe the Brine mania match is going to happen after all? (Wishful thinking).

Will Nak use the flying armbreaker if Del Rio is using his (inferior) version? Could make for a fun submission match down the road.

Bray's theme would count to some degree - WWE licensed it for him and then bought it outright.

hamchan

At this moment I am legitimately more excited for the Upupdowndown Madden tournament finals between Rollins and Swagger than anything else wrestling related.

Anth0ny

Bleacher Report stating that WWE bought writes to Nakamura's "Subconscious" song 🙄🙄

the rumors are getting out of handc

this is my #1 wish for nak right now

if WWE is willing to buy or at least use the song I don't see why new japan wouldn't let them

thing is WWE will 100% just make their own shitty racial stereotype music for him instead :(

shaowebb

The E needs to hire back Drew Galloway. Brah is an absolute star.

I always thought he had untapped potential. His Drew McIntyre run didn't go too far sadly. Had hopes for him. He was in TNA though and what will you be remembered for there? Taking on Rockstar Spud?

Career Poison at this point to main event that fed.

Recall

Drew McIntyre was ace in that one Elimination Chamber match I watched. Did his very best to upstage the old tall men in the match.

Zach

Ya, the lad just has a look that can't be matched. Actual realistic candidate for next Undertaker if used right imo!

Is that the same PPV where they had the Bill Clinton impersonator guy? I do not have fond memories of that show.
Not sure. I'm only about an hour into it. I remember that, though, so I'm guessing it was like a year or two before this.

LMAO

nightmares forever. only bork face can replicate the fear of the majora's mask moon.

Also Triple H's speech at Lemmy's funeral
How much of the burying did he do?

I always thought he had untapped potential. His Drew McIntyre run didn't go too far sadly. Had hopes for him. He was in TNA though and what will you be remembered for there? Taking on Rockstar Spud?

Career Poison at this point to main event that fed.
Drew Mac-in-tree was my pick to be next ace then if all came crashing down. He had the worst luck, getting married, getting beat by his wife, then getting a divorce, mother died then getting dumped down the card. He should've been put in a program with Hunter so he could be put ov.....

How much of the burying did he do?

Drew Mac-in-tree was my pick to be next ace then if all came crashing down. He had the worst luck, getting married, getting beat by his wife.

Did he try to fight back, and still get his ass kicked? Because I could probably understand then why Vince would lose respect for him.

kR8jD6.gif

KissVibes

Banned
Summary for the shoot interview with Sami Callihan/Solomon Crowe

http://blogofdoom.com/index.php/2016/01/07/rf-video-shoot-interview-with-sami-callihan/

Mostly talks about the Performance Center and people there, including why he left. He's pretty positive and makes it clear he wants to come back eventually if he can.

Sami now talks about his girlfriend, Independent wrestler Jessica Havok. Feinstein asks him about the controversy that took place during her WWE tryout due to fans digging up old tweets about her making Havok out to seem like a racist. Sami said Havok told him she never said these things as Sami then added that months later these same folks also made fake tweets about Zahra Schreiber (former WWE Developmental Talent and girlfriend of Seth Rollins) stating their whole goal was to get women fired through fake tweets. Sami said that might have ruined Havok’s career as it gave her a stigma of being a racist. When asked, Sami said that the WWE has to shy away from people with this controversy as they are a publically traded company. Sami then points out he hates social media, only liking it because he can sell merchandise or get some free stuff, and that it makes you live under a microscope and how you have to walk around on egg shells. Sami said it also indirectly leads to the NXT talent acting on their best behavior as they know they can get fired for this sort of stuff.

Fake tweets, eh?

Glad Sami is ride or die with Havok, I guess.

Aiii

So not worth it
With his stupid hacker gimmick, he very well couldn't have gone the "she was hacked" route without blowing kayfabe and revealing he doesn't actually know what hacking is.

Xater

Fake Tweets? It was Instgram pictures and conversations. Most of which I have seen through links which can't be faked, unless somehow someone hacked her months ago, posted racist stuff and then no one noticed. I am talking about Rollins' girl her. No idea about the Havok stuff.

For the record, NJPW doesn't own the "Subconscious" theme. They just license it. So it's entirely possible WWE could have bought the rights to it.

Need something familiar to bring the japanese punters in, so best make Sure Simon "King of Reverse STO Style" Macnamara has his classic tune.

Oh.. if they've got the tune, they'll put a recording of Nak shouting "Yeoh" at the start, won't they? They can't help themselves with that shit.

While on the subject, what are the lamest WWE entrance tunes of all time? I always hated the BikerTaker/Underseller post Limp Bizkit tune. "You dun it naaayyyoow, you're gonna have ta pay" or what ever the fuck that was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom