• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drew sucked, and he was the least entertaining thing about 3MB.

Vince couldn't get him over with the Chosen One gimmick. It took Heath Slater to get any type of reaction for him. Heath is awesome.
The Teddy long shit kinda stunted him imo. It wasn't all that great.
gif2.gif
The background is hilarious.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I mean. Is it?

I'm pretty sure Taylor Wilde still worked at the Sunglasses Hut while working TNA because the pay was shit.

Mahonay

Banned
You mean the girl they pushed as the face of their then most popular division when it was at its most popular after Gail?
Anyone who doesn't watch TNA like myself doesn't know who the fuck Taylor Wilde is. I mean it's still insanely shifty to pay someone that little when you're pushing them that strongly.

If you're drawing well and making money outside TNA I have to assume that means they'd be presenting you with a somewhat decent offer.

Okay you guys gotta see this Classic British Wrestling tribute vid

Some of the spots and counters are just fantastic. Had no idea Britain had spots like these way back then. The sequence at 7:24 is particularly cool IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ldDJ4X9SJ4

Here's a tag team match with Finlay and Owen Hart. I think Bret done a couple of matches too. Regal tends to tweet some videos every one in a while.

EDIT: Here's a Bret match https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM-uNlZ6G-o

This makes me miss the Wrestling Channel back in 2006, had TNA, ROH and World of Sports on it.

Mahonay

Banned
I suddenly remembered I've been to two TNA shows but they've been pretty much erased from memory.

About a year and a half ago I went to an Impact taping that had The Hardys vs Team 3D vs The American Wolves in a ladder match which was great. Rest of the taping was pretty god damn boring. My friend had comp tickets so it was free. It was at the Manhattan Ballroom (a very small venue) and it looked maybe 70 percent filled.

And in 2013 I went to Basebrawl at Coney Island. It was a solid card actually. Notable matches,
Samoa Joe vs AJ Styles vs Bobby Roode
Jeff Hardy vs Austin Aries
James Storm & Gunner (he is the worst) vs Bad Influence
Kurt Angle vs Bully Ray

I will never understand why they thought it was a good idea to book shows in baseball parks. There was 500 people there tops.

somedevil

I like this Asuka tweet:

ASUKA / 明日華
Please don't translate my Japanese tweets for Japanese fans with software as
you will often be misled by incorrect translation.

Someone did this and thought she tweeted she was released when she was not. The tweet was about happy being there and being a Japanese wrestler and not a representative of Japan's women wrestling. she seems not to be a fan of women's wrestling in Japan. Does anyone know why?

edited:

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I have a feeling you don't like Hino.
What are you talking about? He's literally one of my favorites going right now. I'm watching garbage Wrestle-1 specifically for him.
I like this Asuka tweet:

Someone did this and thought she tweeted she was released when she was not. The tweet was about happy being there and being a Japanese wrestler and not a representative of Japan's women wrestling. she seems not to be a fan of women's wrestling in Japan. Does anyone know why?

edited:

Kana had a reputation for having a big head and getting kicked out or written out of a lot of promotions because of it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It is kind of funny that Jado's Go storyline is Sting and the NWO. Like almost exactly. Go is Stang.

But whose side is he on

I watched this wrassle kingdom 10 thing all the cool kids are down with.
It was pretty fun, interesting to see that WWE isn't the only place that can go a touch overboard with the finisher fest.

And thanks to Matt Striker I now know the apparent true purpose of that move where you push your boot across someone's face/nose, unless he was bullshitting me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom