• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

notworksafe

Funny you mention that, I just got my copy of AJPW Featuring Virtua (Giant Gram's predecessor) last week. Pretty dope game, but I have to shake my head at the fact that Baba's character select portrait is like three times bigger than the rest of the roster.

Blasted through arcade mode as Johnny Ace and I can't believe how ahead of the curve this game was, presentation and gameplay-wise, even with contemporaries like the WCW games on the N64. Even the commentary (!) sounds smoother than 2k's shit.

Wow good timing on my part. Yeah the game looks amazing...great entrances, smooth play, and good (I think?) commentary. Good to see that it's not just a game that's good on video. I poked around online and it's surprisingly cheap so I'm gonna grab a copy, thanks man.

2yRaQKN.png

Happy New Year from the National Association of Opthamologists

I miss Nikki.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Isn't Nikki on the verge of retirement due to that neck injury?

Gonzalez

Banned
Wow good timing on my part. Yeah the game looks amazing...great entrances, smooth play, and good (I think?) commentary. Good to see that it's not just a game that's good on video. I poked around online and it's surprisingly cheap so I'm gonna grab a copy, thanks man.
Beware, Giant Gram is a 3D button masher, and not a sim like KOC, or Fire Pro.

Jamie OD

I can top this...

Self-insertion crossover fanfics that feature both WWE Superstars and cartoon characters.

I think I can handle that better than reading about how to turn Cena heel, tying in Balor's main roster debut with Taker and booking a serious WOMEN's title match at Mania for the 100,000th time in a year. Oh and bringing back the Cruiserweight division because some people still think it's 1996.

The irony in this is too much considering what's been going on in WWE or late. Still relying heavily on Taker, Kane, Big Show, Cena.

As for Taker, after watching Rumble '94 I forgot just how big of a push and pop he would get. That Casket match was a bit of a mess but also so ahead of itself.

Is it safe to say Paul Barer is a top 5 manager of all time? Can't think of any other manager who sold his angle so well.
It's very scary how Vince was eager to get Hogan of the spotlight as compared to now he can't do it with Cena.

You'd think he would've learned from that period that you need superstars built up to take over once your main cash cow is gone.

Well he did have Punk and Bryan but.......

So anywho lol.

As far as Paul goes, I believe he's number 2. The Brain is obviously number 1 but in a cartoony world Percy and Mark were able to create possibly the greatest character of all time. A character that is still active and doesn't get old. No matter how many times Taker uses his magic it still brightens eyes and captures the hearts of many watching.

He as you said did a great job handling the character of making Taker so mysterious. It's amazing how Taker was able to go about 4 years without real speaking much other than 2-3 lines due to Paul being his spokesman.

As far as Paul goes, I believe he's number 2. The Brain is obviously number 1 but in a cartoony world Percy and Mark were able to create possibly the greatest character of all time. A character that is still active and doesn't get old. No matter how many times Taker uses his magic it still brightens eyes and captures the hearts of many watching.

You bringing up Bobby also indicates another huge issue with WWE right now: announcers and interviewers SUCK. Lawler was great 10 years ago when he had Ross to work against, but now his schtick is old. Gene was PERFECT as an interviewer and knew how to play to each wrestler.

Cole & JBL are just downright awful.

You bringing up Bobby also indicates another huge issue with WWE right now: announcers and interviewers SUCK. Lawler was great 10 years ago when he had Ross to work against, but now his schtick is old. Gene was PERFECT as an interviewer and knew how to play to each wrestler.

Cole & JBL are just downright awful.
When JBL first did commentary I was blown away. He was real colour and he played the role of a heel great. He was actually JBL. Now he's just a guy you knew as a heel who commentates.

The Brain and King in their best days never gave a fuck about what the faces did, they went out of their way to degrade them and put over the bad guys. Now that's scarce on the microphone and it sucks.

Hearing Xavier at TLC was a breath of fresh air because it wasn't the same ole shit.

I wish they would tell Lawler to go back to being the old him. Or even give me cole mine back, that was some awesome shit.

I go back to work tomorrow after 7 (not counting weekends) days off. My wrestlegaf contributions will probably drop.
😢 don't stray away too far. I actually enjoyed the back and forths with you.

He deserved his own box, he was the only one worth listening to. The way Cole burried Bryan every week was pure genius. Only thing be didn't call him was a pencil neck geek (which would've been the pot).

😢 don't stray away too far. I actually enjoyed the back and forths with you.

I haven't even loaded GAF on my computer yet (only been there since beginning of December). Been afraid of the rabbit hole it may lead to and I've been trying to onboard while also implementing new stuff for it.

A woman in the wyatt family would probably be given the same "I'm a poor delicate snowflake that was bullied by those mean old men!" story-arc that Lana was given.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom