• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UberTag

You mean you are not looking forward to a program with Bayley having a crush on Cena and Nikki becomes jealous?
No, see... you've got it backwards. See, Bayley just wants to be "good friends" with Cena and Cena being G.I. Joe is all too happy to oblige but Nikki gets jealous and gets Brie to bash Bayley's face in. Cena then gives Nikki a stern talking to on the next episode of Total Divas.

klonere

Banned
NXT 2012 is so weird.

You've got a Daniel Bryan in a "please don't try this at home" injury ad which is just sad and Chris Hero squaring off against Ricky Steamboat in a segment that is better than every single Roman Reigns non-wrestling thing ever put together.

Chris why didn't you just stay ;;;;;

Mahonay

Banned
NXT 2012 is so weird.

You've got a Daniel Bryan in a "please don't try this at home" injury ad which is just sad and Chris Hero squaring off against Ricky Steamboat in a segment that is better than every single Roman Reigns non-wrestling thing ever put together.

Fat Hero was his true calling, a character that was too progressive for WWE.

UberTag

Fat Hero was his true calling, a character that was too progressive for WWE.
Their loss. Just think of all of the endorsement deals they could have gotten from fast food chains. Instead of trotting out day-old boxes of KFC for the commentary team to stare at and not eat (along with all of the Mountain Dew they don't drink) they could have actually had Fat Hero come out and happily eat all of the food and remark how flavorful and delicious it was.

NXT 2012 is so weird.

Indy Chris Hero is a better version than Kassius Ohno. Maybe it worked out for the best.

Mahonay

Banned
Their loss. Just think of all of the endorsement deals they could have gotten from fast food chains. Instead of trotting out day-old boxes of KFC for the commentary team to stare at and not eat they could have actually had Fat Hero come out and happily eat all of the food and remark how flavorful and delicious it was.
Then after finishing immediately doing a flawless middle-rope springboard moonsault out of the ring.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Divas on the main roster aren't faces or heels. They're all just catty bitches.
That's a BIG reason why Bayley needs to cling to NXT as long as possible because being an uber face is literally her identity.

Bayley is going to be a huge hit on the main roster, you guys are just cynical.

The company thinks Bayley is Female John Cena.
The fans think Bayley is Female Daniel Bryan.

The whole thing is calculated to go over regardless of whether they fuck it up.

NXT 2012 is so weird.

Don't remind me.

klonere

Banned
SUDDENLY JR AND REGAL ON COMMENTARY TOGETHER.

GJlvpy8.gif

God this is so weird. Pity they are commentating a Brodus Clay squash. And Byron is there.

Mahonay

Banned
Bayley is going to be a huge hit on the main roster, you guys are just cynical.

The company thinks Bayley is Female John Cena.
The fans think Bayley is Female Daniel Bryan.

The whole thing is calculated to go over regardless of whether they fuck it up.
Just like Sasha, Charlotte, and Becky are a huge hits?

Zach

Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B

Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C

WrestleMania - B-
The Wrestling Classic - D+
Starrcade '85: The Gathering - C

WrestleMania 2 - C+
The Big Event - C-
Starrcade '86: The Sky Walkers - C+

WrestleMania III - B-
Starrcade '87: Chi-Town Heat - C+
Survivor Series '87 - C-

Bunkhouse Stampede '88 - C-
Royal Rumble '88 - C-
Clash of the Champions I - B+
WrestleMania IV - C
Clash of the Champions II - C+
The Great American Bash '88 - B
SummerSlam '88 - D
Clash of the Champions III - C-
Survivor Series '88 - D
Clash of the Champions IV - C+
Starrcade '88: True Gritt - B

Royal Rumble '89 - F
Clash of the Champions V - C-
Clash of the Champions VI - B
WrestleMania V - B-
WrestleWar '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VII - C+
The Great American Bash '89 - B+
SummerSlam '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VIII - B-
Halloween Havoc '89 - C+
Clash of the Champions IX - B
Survivor Series '89 - D+
Starrcade '89: Future Shock - C+

Royal Rumble '90 - D+
Clash of the Champions X - B-
WrestleWar '90 - C
WrestleMania VI - B
Capital Combat: The Return of Robocop - B-
Clash of the Champions XI - C
The Great American Bash '90 - B-
SummerSlam '90 - D
Clash of the Champions XII - D
Halloween Havoc '90 - C-
Clash of the Champions XIII - D
Survivor Series '90 - D+
Starrcade '90: Collision Course - B-

Royal Rumble '91 - D+
Clash of the Champions XIV - B-
WrestleWar '91 - C+
WrestleMania VII - D+
SuperBrawl - C-
Clash of the Champions XV - B-
The Great American Bash '91 - F
SummerSlam '91 - C-
Clash of the Champions XVI - C
Halloween Havoc '91 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVII - B-
Survivor Series '91 - D
This Tuesday in Texas - C
Starrcade '91: Battlebowl - C-

Royal Rumble '92 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVIII - B
SuperBrawl II - B+
WrestleMania VIII - B-
WrestleWar '92 - B-
Beach Blast '92 - B+
Clash of the Champions XIX - B
The Great American Bash '92 - C+
SummerSlam '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XX - B+
Halloween Havoc '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXI - C+
Survivor Series '92 - C-
Starrcade '92 - B-

Clash of the Champions XXII - B
Royal Rumble '93 - C
SuperBrawl III - B-
WrestleMania IX - C-
Slamboree '93 - D+
King of the Ring '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXIII - B-
Beach Blast '93 - B-
Clash of the Champions XXIV - C+
SummerSlam '93 - D
Fall Brawl '93 - C-
Halloween Havoc '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXV - C-
BattleBowl - D
Survivor Series '93 - F
Starrcade '93 - C

Royal Rumble '94 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXVI - B-
SuperBrawl IV - B-
WrestleMania X - B-
Spring Stampede '94 - B
Slamboree '94 - C
King of the Ring '94 - D
Clash of the Champions XXVII - C
Bash at the Beach '94 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXVIII - C+
SummerSlam '94 - C-
Fall Brawl '94 - C-
Halloween Havoc '94 - D+
Clash of the Champions XXIX - D
Survivor Series '94 - F
Starrcade '94 - D

Royal Rumble '95 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXX - D+
SuperBrawl V - D+
Uncensored '95 - F
WrestleMania XI - D+
In Your House 1 - C-
Slamboree '95 - C-
The Great American Bash '95 - D
King of the Ring '95 - F
Bash at the Beach '95 - F
In Your House 2: The Lumberjacks - C
Clash of the Champions XXXI - C
SummerSlam '95 - C+
Fall Brawl '95 - D+
In Your House 3: Triple Header - C+
In Your House 4: Great White North - D+
Halloween Havoc '95 - F
Survivor Series '95 - C+
World War 3 '95 - C
In Your House 5: Seasons Beatings - C-
Starrcade '95 - B-

Royal Rumble '96 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXXII - C
SuperBrawl VI - D+
In Your House 6: Rage in the Cage - C-
Uncensored '96 - D
WrestleMania XII - B-
In Your House 7: Good Friends, Better Enemies - C-
Slamboree '96 - C
In Your House 8: Beware of Dog - B-
The Great American Bash '96 - B
King of the Ring '96 - B-
Bash at the Beach '96 - B
In Your House 9: International Incident - C-
Hog Wild - C
Clash of the Champions XXXIII - C+
SummerSlam '96 - D+
Fall Brawl '96 - B
In Your House 10: Mind Games - C
In Your House 11: Buried Alive - C+
Halloween Havoc '96 - C+
Survivor Series '96 - B-
World War 3 '96 - B-
In Your House 12: It's Time - C
Starrcade '96 - B-

Royal Rumble '97 - D+
Clash of the Champions XXXIV - C
Souled Out '97 - F
In Your House 13: Final Four - C+
SuperBrawl VII - C-
Uncensored '97 - B-
WrestleMania 13 - C
Spring Stampede '97 - C+
Barely Legal '97 - C-
In Your House 14: Revenge of the Taker - C-
In Your House 15: A Cold Day in Hell - C
Slamboree '97 - B-
King of the Ring '97 - D+
The Great American Bash '97 - C
In Your House 16: Canadian Stampede - B-
Bash at the Beach '97 - B
SummerSlam '97 - B
Road Wild '97 - D+
Hardcore Heaven '97 - C
Clash of the Champions XXXV - B-
Ground Zero: In Your House - D+
Fall Brawl '96 - C-
One Night Only - C
Badd Blood: In Your House - D+
Halloween Havoc '97 - B-
Survivor Series '97 - C+
World War 3 '97 - C+
November to Remember '97 - C
D-Generation X: In Your House - C
Starrcade '97 - D+

Royal Rumble '98 - C-
Souled Out '98 - C

Stalest main event ever. I'm just so over both Luger and Savage at this point. And bless Sting's heart -- his enigmatic aura is completely gone just one month after The Biggest Match in the History of Our Great Sport. Still, I can't help but to be entertained by much of the undercard.

Mahonay

Banned
I have no idea where to even start unpacking that because its neither here nor there
Do you consider their transition a success in any way compared to where they were at in NXT?

Because you are suggesting Bayley is a sure hit when she gets called up, when we've seen the complete opposite with the other 3 women.

Zach

Oh, and I finished Life is Strange. I could've been wrong about it not ending up in my Fave Five for the year. I'll have to sleep on it.

P.S. Life is Strange? More like Tween Peaks, am I right?!

SUDDENLY JR AND REGAL ON COMMENTARY TOGETHER.

GJlvpy8.gif

God this is so weird. Pity they are commentating a Brodus Clay squash. And Byron is there.
Poor ole JR. How can one man get treated so unfair. Did he refuse to give Vince sex or something? Gee wiz, leave him alone and let him come back.
I think he's more confused than you are(I just like your username tbh) . I'll eat shit if it's Jericho. I will won't watch that shit either way.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Do you consider their transition a success in any way compared to where they were at in NXT?

Because you are suggesting Bayley is a sure hit when she gets called up, when we've seen the complete opposite with the other 3 women.

I don't think they're as related as you believe. You'll see. I legit think Bayley is already way more over even the main roster where she's never appeared once than any of those girls, even Sasha.

Anyone else disturbed by the amount of merchandise Ryback comes out to the ring with. Im waiting for him to come out in WWE moccasins and carrying a lawn gnome.

These fucking fucks need some serious mental help. This kind of delusion is not only unhealthy, it just shows a complete mental disconnect with reality. How does that even happen?

The end result of truly getting worked into a shoot, it's quite disheartening to witness.

These fucking fucks need some serious mental help. This kind of delusion is not only unhealthy, it just shows a complete mental disconnect with reality. How does that even happen?

She's not even the best Bella, lets not pretend.

Look at Bailey, look at Bailey in real life.

Now seriously think about this person, and this character, playing a heel. Some things are just dumb, Bailey being any character besides the one she is now is just dumb as fuck.

No we don't.

Only WWE cares about the 14-year-old Twtter fangirls.

Nobody is getting riled up.

I'm going one further. Nobody in this thread really gives a shit about Emma or Ryder or a combination of the two.

Aiii I can't help but notice the seriously negative tone your posts have taken in 2016. Is everything all right?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Anyone else disturbed by the amount of merchandise Ryback comes out to the ring with. Im waiting for him to come out in WWE moccasins and carrying a lawn gnome.

He reminds me of Bobby Lashley who looks like he went to a time-share meeting or convention and just grabbed all the free swag he could find

Hmm, that looks bad. I might be having a mental episode. Is there such a thing as the new years blues?

Well yeah there is a lot of link to depressive episodes during this time of year both due to weather conditions and the emotional burden of the holidays. Try to stay active and get fresh air during the daytime as a start, but if there are more serious things at play then it might be worth looking into more more formal treatment.

DMczaf

Not a fan of Pepsi's 2016 gimmick. Creative didn't give him much, but he's also not working with what they gave him.

Aiii

So not worth it
Well yeah there is a lot of link to depressive episodes during this time of year both due to weather conditions and the emotional burden of the holidays. Try to stay active and get fresh air during the daytime as a start, but if there are more serious things at play then it might be worth looking into more more formal treatment.

I normally just spend hundreds of bucks on gadgets to numb the pain. I bought a bunch of Philips Hue stuff and a Nvidia Shield TV that should come in the post this week, that should help a bit.

klonere

Banned
Not a fan of Pepsi's 2016 gimmick. Creative didn't give him much, but he's also not working with what they gave him.

Pepsi's fundamentals are so strong I believe he can overcome anything thrown at him, We'll see how can rise above in 2016

DMczaf

Pepsi's fundamentals are so strong I believe he can overcome anything thrown at him, We'll see how can rise above in 2016

You can tell he's just not having fun out there anymore. Sunny needs to let him be himself, he will get over.

klonere

Banned
I normally just spend hundreds of bucks on gadgets to numb the pain. I bought a bunch of Philips Hue stuff and a Nvidia Shield TV that should come in the post this week, that should help a bit.

Have a snickers friend

Opposite ends of the same Disgusting LATE CAPITALIST mantras on life

I will never fix my self with you know things man, things! Its all outh there man so far aout ther eyou u just gotta get to it and it

aint IN THE FUCKING MALL

Menome

Realised today that as I'm 99% going to be jobless in a week's time, I can actually stay up for the Royal Rumble without having to function with two hours' sleep at work the next day.

Silver linings and all that. Unless Big Show wins it.

UberTag

Realised today that as I'm 99% going to be jobless in a week's time, I can actually stay up for the Royal Rumble without having to function with two hours' sleep at work the next day.

Silver linings and all that. Unless Big Show wins it.
There are only 4 potential winners of this year's Rumble and Big Show is not among them.
And that list will likely get pared down to the standard obvious choice after tomorrow night.
Because why would we want to be surprised?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom