• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see Nidia being paired with the wyatts back in the day as a manager who has no idea what Bray is talking about but thinks he's cool/rich

Nidia.jpg

klonere

Banned
Remember the rumours that they were going to make Sister Abigail a real character?

Honestly a near silent, mysterious and violent female that is the true power behind the Wyatts would be cool. But the chances of it ever been executed in the WWE with any sort of competency would be zero. They fail every single women on the roster every single week in the most terrible ways so being able to put forward a nuanced, subtle, powerful female character is so hilariously beyond them I don't even know why I'm posting this?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oersted

Count me in in the no trust team, but man, it would have potential. And isn't that pretty much all what we have left, imagining what could be?

Kaladin

Remember the rumours that they were going to make Sister Abigail a real character?

Honestly a near silent, mysterious and violent female that is the true power behind the Wyatts would be cool. But the chances of it ever been executed in the WWE with any sort of competency would be zero. They fail every single women on the roster every single week in the most terrible ways so being able to put forward a nuanced, subtle, powerful female character is so hilariously beyond them I don't even know why I'm posting this?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I had a joke post that this would be planned for Bailey's heel turn, but the more I think about it, the more it works. I just don't know if she could pull the character off.

Aiii

So not worth it
I had a joke post that this would be planned for Bailey's heel turn, but the more I think about it, the more it works. I just don't know if she could pull the character off.

Look at Bailey, look at Bailey in real life.

Now seriously think about this person, and this character, playing a heel. Some things are just dumb, Bailey being any character besides the one she is now is just dumb as fuck.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Imagine if Hulk Hogan revealed Hulkamania was actually a person and he only existed as a vehicle by permission of this person.

It completely destroys Bray's character. More than the last 5 years of booking had.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Now seriously think about this person, and this character, playing a heel. Some things are just dumb, Bailey being any character besides the one she is now is just dumb as fuck.

What if she hugged someone to death...and then as the camera zooms in on her face we find out she likes it.

Thorakai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

what if they just put make-up on bray wyatt and have him be sister abigail

bray can be the modern day mick foley, imagine the pop when he brings back the husky harris character

Kaladin

You're probably right. Most people play heels better than a babyface, with her it's the opposite.

korly

I hadn't heard of this game Giant Gram 2000 until today but now I need to own this for my arcade

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42raBFk1XQ4

The roster for this game is pretty damn awesome too

Mitsuharu Misawa
Toshiaki Kawada
Akira Taue
Kenta Kobashi
Jun Akiyama
Yoshinari Ogawa
Takao Omori
Yoshihiro Takayama
Hiroshi Hase
Tamon Honda
Masahito Kakihara
Kentaro Shiga
Stan Hansen
Vader
Steve Williams
Johnny Ace
Mike Barton
Johnny Smith
Wolf Hawkfield
Maunakea Mossman
Giant Baba
Rikidozan
Jumbo Tsuruta
Bruiser Brody
Gary Albright
The Destroyer
Fritz Von Erich
Bruno Sammartino
Bobo Brazil
Gene Kiniski
Don Leo Johnson

That game is in my fave five. I contributed to a historical mode FAQ for that game like fifteen years ago.

Gurrry

I'm 34 minutes into this Review a Wai on Evolve 38, and they still haven't started talking about the show itself.

Hey atleast they arent talking about UFC.

Or.. are they?

In that pic above, is that GiGi from Tough Enough? What is she up to now?

A woman in the wyatt family would probably be given the same "I'm a poor delicate snowflake that was bullied by those mean old men!" story-arc that Lana was given.
That'll show you that they can't get shit done. Forreal.

Unless it was Vickie Guerrero.

... I miss Vickie Guerrero.
Bring her back and she's instantly the most over heel.

¯_(ツ)_/¯
Too bad Sherri is dead and came in 30 years too early. She would've been great.

what if they just put make-up on bray wyatt and have him be sister abigail

bray can be the modern day mick foley, imagine the pop when he brings back the husky harris character
....... Are you a WWE writer?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Hey atleast they arent talking about UFC.

Or.. are they?

In that pic above, is that GiGi from Tough Enough? What is she up to now?

That episode? Mainly some real passive aggressive talk about why the quest doesn't respond to texts and his interview of Chris Jericho.

Kaladin

Goldust is such a conflicting character for me. At the time, I hated the character because I enjoyed Dustin's work in WCW as sort of a throwback to what Dusty did and I felt like the character was a down grade.

But now watching back Goldust is one of the best characters that showcases the transition from the New Generation to the Attitude era with elements of both.

Oh snap Luke Harper just showed up at my gym. Now is an opportunity to give him my bullet point list of what's wrong with the current product

Mahonay

Banned
Goldust is such a conflicting character for me. At the time, I hated the character because I enjoyed Dustin's work in WCW as sort of a throwback to what Dusty did and I felt like the character was a down grade.

But now watching back Goldust is one of the best characters that showcases the transition from the New Generation to the Attitude era with elements of both.
Goldust was definitely one of the very first pieces of the Attitude Era.

Kaladin

Goldust was definitely one of the very first pieces of the Attitude Era.

Yeah. I would say the beginnings of the Goldust character were New Generation. They took it into the attitude era with how they executed and emphasized the more racier parts of the character.

Shadow780

ItsBayley dammit!

Plus she's mediocre on the mic, which being a face helps.

Provided they are not stupid enough to turn Sasha face they can just feud forever.

Mahonay

Banned
Oh snap Luke Harper just showed up at my gym. Now is an opportunity to give him my bullet point list of what's wrong with the current product
The bouncer me and my girlfriend are good friends with at our favorite bar wrestled with Harper in FCW, around 2011-12.

AXXruTc.jpg

He kind of had similar gear to Harper. Guy dresses like Biker Taker in real life and it's hilarious. Whenever I stop in we usually just talk about whatever is currently happening in WWE and how shit it is.

Goldust is top 5 greatest WWE superstar. Even better than Hogan.

You know when The New Day announcing New Day Rules for the Rumble what is they actually won? And Reigns or whoever is the champ has to run the new day gauntlet at WM with New Day winning 😀

Shut up James.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Brie has been a heel for nearly a year now and still tries to get Yes chants going. Nikki is at least capable of getting the crowd reactions that she's supposed to.

Nikki is literally the only fully realized heel on the diva roster.

Paige got real close lately but then they decided to turn Flair heel which made Paige a crazy tweener that leans face.

Mahonay

Banned
Brie has been a heel for nearly a year now and still tries to get Yes chants going. Nikki is at least capable of getting the crowd reactions that she's supposed to.
Lol Brie is neither heel or face. She has no idea what the fuck she's doing. I'm at the point where I skip any match she's in every single time.

UberTag

Divas on the main roster aren't faces or heels. They're all just catty bitches.
That's a BIG reason why Bayley needs to cling to NXT as long as possible because being an uber face is literally her identity.

Shadow780

Divas on the main roster aren't faces or heels. They're all just catty bitches.
That's a BIG reason why Bayley needs to cling to NXT as long as possible because being an uber face is literally her identity.

You mean you are not looking forward to a program with Bayley having a crush on Cena and Nikki becomes jealous?

klonere

Banned
I just realized the female character behind Bray I described is more or less Catrina from LU except more interesting.

Lucha Underground wins again

7W5rVxV.gif

UberTag

Catrina is like if Lana was written by people who weren't neanderthals.
I suspect most of the WWE's writers aren't neanderthals so much as they're writing FOR a neanderthal. Their hands are tied.
If they wrote Lana any differently they'd be fired for being clueless.
Then they'd go work for Lucha Underground and be happy.

You know what's hilarious? While Razor Ramon was "The Bad Guy", he spent most of his majority of his time being the good guy. When he had his feud with Goldust, Dustin should've quoted a line from Scarface just to really smit him.

"Say goodnight to the bad guy. Scarface 1983."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom