• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have some leftover vacation days from the previous year that I had to use before April. Thinking of going on a wrestling trip in Florida starting from NXT at CFE on the 22nd all the way towards (including Royal Rumble, RAW, Smackdown) NXT taping the following week.

Can't seem to find tickets for NXT taping tho are they usually hard to come by?

Your best bet for finding tickets for an NXT taping at Full Sail is to check Orlando Craigslist.

Best bit

They set up a match between The Rock and John Cena one year in advance, based entirely on the storyline "John Cena talked shit about me." That's not an exaggeration. That was the whole story: a "meet me in the playground after school" beef. And what that tells us as fans is, "If these two extremely popular guys wrestle each other, you will buy tickets or subscribe to our network, no matter what." I've put more effort into wiping my ass than the "creative" team put into that booking, and that's become par for the course in the WWE.

We should expect a Taste of Emma starring Ryder any minute now.
Oh boy, a crossover with Z! True Long Island Story.

I assume that show which I just mentioned has been dead for like 3 years.

pro wrestling

IN 2016

fpR0IOQ.gif

shaowebb

Man Kane looks like shit outside of the mask. Hell even with it now. He's got a gut like Scott Norton. Plus Taker looks like Frasier so its not like folks who tune in for Taker and Kane are getting who they remember. Its like with Ric Flair...you eventually got to realize you don't look cool enough out there to carry you buildup anymore. You may know how to work, but you're slowly losing the ability to draw off your past as your body shows its age in this business.

Man if Tana wins....How do you justify it? Do you send Okada off to feud with other people for 6 months or a year? Do you actually still keep going with Okada/Tana? How do you not make the guy who beats Tana afterwards not feel like he's looking after the belt for Okada? How does Okada not in the main or semi-main event position work anyway?

They won't do it. They can't do it! It'd be mad. Mad I tell you!

Until someone like Meltzer provides a better explanation I'm going to keep thinking that New Japan went back to Tanahashi - Okada because they're legit worried that Tana's body is going to break down to the point they can't resolve the feud properly. Dude was struggling in some of those Yano matches.

Isn't it very easy to get fake tickets on Craigslist?

I've never had an issue with it. Plus, at Full Sail, they don't actually scan the tickets. They just take a quick glance at the date. Worse case scenario, I've always seen people outside Full a Sail Live selling tickets right before the events.

klonere

Banned
Until someone like Meltzer provides a better explanation I'm going to keep thinking that New Japan went back to Tanahashi - Okada because they're legit worried that Tana's body is going to break down to the point they can't resolve the feud properly. Dude was struggling in some of those Yano matches.

I read a rather un-hinged and manic post about Tana somewhere else detailing how every smart fan in Japan knows Tana is totally broken down, how he can barely walk properly when not in public, how he is pain pilled up to the nth degree (like most people in Japanese wrestling supposedly), how people in K-Hall chant "Pill-head!" at him, how he feels if he leaves or slows down at all NJPW will collapse again and is thusly guilted by management to remain pilled up and work that main event slot until he completely explodes. It was all very conspiratorial and had that weird contrarian anti-NJPW bent to it, like if Data went completely off the deep end or something.

So its probably total BS but sounds plausible given that this is wrestling and its Japan, look what happened to Sakuraba at RIZIN recently.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
wasn't finn saying a year ago that he didn't need to go to the wwe and that nxt was the pinnacle?

word must have gotten to the office

klonere

Banned
Finn is an actual corporate mouthpiece, his post Brooklyn promo was mostly NXT branding. As have most of his interviews since.

Plz get a character beyond mr spooky demon man who has a nice leather jacket Finn ;;;;

Genichiro Tenryu & Ashura Hara vs King Haku & Yoshiaki Yatsu - (SWS 1991/09/08)

NZ4Exiv.gif

Really enjoyed this match, proper slobberknocker. Everything is awesome every time Hara & Haku are beating the shit out of each other, Tenryu also gets into it with Haku in a big way. Yatsu is...there as well. There's a couple of dull stretches, but this was a lot of fun for the most part.
I was going to ask, this when he had his retirement match but do you think Vince will cash in on that moment by inducting him in the HoF?

I was going to ask, this when he had his retirement match but do you think Vince will cash in on that moment by inducting him in the HoF?

That would be cool, especially if they could do a deal to get Tenryu's SWS/WAR stuff with WWF talent on the Network - there's some great matches there.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
honestly do you agree with me here that this is something that could allow for more people wanting to tune in ?

with how the network is now i fully believe they should cut back to like 4 - 5 ppv's giving breathing points on raw allowing it to become a major show like it should be, allowing title changes etc. we basicaly know the night after a ppv what the next match for the next ppv is going to be, so we know that x title wont change hands between now and the rumble for instance

where as if the last 3 ppvs didnt happen alot more shit could have happened and the network would more likely increase in subs, right now the show is bloated

honestly do you agree with me here that this is something that could allow for more people wanting to tune in ?

That's what they used to do up until 95 (Rumble, Mania, Slam, Series) then they introduced KOTR. Shortly after came In Your House, but still there was some spacing. They didn't go to monthly PPV until the attitude era began and that's only because they had enough story to drive that.

I think they'd be well served to dial that back at this point, but they wont. Viewership is done, but if the money is still flowing they wont care.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
That's what they used to do up until 95 (Rumble, Mania, Slam, Series) then they introduced KOTR. Shortly after came In Your House, but still there was some spacing. They didn't go to monthly PPV until the attitude era began and that's only because they had enough story to drive that.

I think they'd be well served to dial that back at this point, but they wont. Viewership is done, but if the money is still flowing they wont care.

Yea and thats why i think this scaling back ppvs etc would work. Its why nxt is taking off too there isnt ppv special each month they have time to make normal show special. Witg how the network is they could easily get more subs.

Raw would mean alot more but so would the ppv

If anyone wants a pre-WK fix tonights fan fest show has the two newest young boys making their debuts against Kamatsu and Tanaka. Also, some random multi-man tags.

Yea and thats why i think this scaling back ppvs etc would work. Its why nxt is taking off too there isnt ppv special each month they have time to make normal show special. Witg how the network is they could easily get more subs.

Raw would mean alot more but so would the ppv

The problem really is they're needing to fill so much TV time that it leaves nothing for the PPV, or vice versa, but ad dollars win out. The smart move would be scale back the PPV. I think someone in here said they should just get rid of MITB at this point since it's lost a lot of it's meaning. They can probably get rid of TLC and Hell in a Cell too. Those kind of matches were reserved for stories that made sense and now they're just normal-ish. I'd like them to bring back KOTR since it naturally provided a story (King Mabel lol).

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I do, but at the same time I think WWE relies on a constant drip for people. Going more than a month without a special event, so to speak, might be a bigger risk. Hard to say without knowing the full picture, and none of us actually do.

Also yay new thread.

That would be cool, especially if they could do a deal to get Tenryu's SWS/WAR stuff with WWF talent on the Network - there's some great matches there.

I'm not sure about the SWS stuff, but I think Tenryu is a shoe-in for the HoF, possibly even as soon as this year, especially with WWE seeing how big of a market Japan is for wrestling.

Dana Brooke's nudes leaked. As disappointing as you'd imagine

Unless we all just beat him up in a dark alley. Maybe even call Jesus to do the deed.

HOW IN THE FUCK DOES CENA GET STABBED THEN HE'S BACK SO QUICK.

Anyone remember that shit?

I remember it. One of the key moments in me figuring out this shit was fake

I wonder how much would Vince have to go through to get that though?

With not many people buying ppvs on demand anymore they could but they increase the ticket prices for those shows so I'd assume taking them away would mean less money. But it would make things more interesting.

RR, WM, MiTB, SS, and SS.

Pipe dream though.

In 95 that had a full scale of ppvs except Feb and match.
Dana Brooke's nudes leaked. As disappointing as you'd imagine

I remember it. One of the key moments in me figuring out this shit was fake
I still didn't catch on to it. But I was like, holy shit this is cool.

So, I saw the vice video on "The British Wrestler," and Grado from what I've seen, Grado is a lot like Zach Ryder, but more over.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I also enjoyed Kane and Big Show ruining people's dreams last year in the rumbo, though it did have a negative impact on the product that is still being felt today because most people did not find it amusing.

I also enjoyed Kane and Big Show ruining people's dreams last year in the rumbo, though it did have a negative impact on the product that is still being felt today because most people did not find it amusing.
What if they went into business for themselves and that wasn't supposed to happen? That would've been even funnier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom