• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So through WWE Main Event I'm discovering that the faction of #SocialOutcasts is indeed a thing using that exact name.
I wasn't expecting them to follow through on this.

Slater is truly king of the jobbers.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Notice how he specifically talks about them ripping off their wrestling logo. Not sure what him parodying video games has to do with anything.

He states that parodying a wrestling shirt is somehow bottom of the barrel. You are not any more original parodying a wrestling shirt than calling your finisher 'One Winged Angel'. In fact, shit like that is even more lazy because it's literally just video game reference. There isn't even really parody.
Doesn't a WWE Toys to Life game make sense?

Yeah because the trend has fallen out of flavor so now it does make sense.

Mahonay

Banned
Team BAD has new entrance music?

I guess it's better than AMA-MAY-MAY-MAY-ZING at least.
It was just Naomi's shitty entrance music that they were all saddled with as a song for the stable.

When Sasha Banks came out to that fucking song for a singles match soon after they brought up the NXT women, I immediately knew WWE had no idea what the fuck they were doing.

He states that parodying a wrestling shirt is somehow bottom of the barrel. You are not any more original parodying a wrestling shirt than calling your finisher 'One Winged Angel'. In fact, shit like that is even more lazy because it's literally just video game reference. There isn't even really parody.

Different medium. Ripping off a logo in the same field (in this case, wrestling) really is bottom of the barrel stuff.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Different medium. Ripping off a logo in the same field (in this case, wrestling) really is bottom of the barrel stuff.

I'll just disagree then. Especially when you see all the stuff the Bucks do with prowrestlingtees.

That said, that line reads VERY kayfabe-y.
Kenny Omega wasn't involved in any of the best matches of 2015 for example

I like Kenny Omega but I really hope he keeps the comedy shit to a minimum going forward with this new push.

I'm pretty sure he will when he captures the IC title.

I'll just disagree then. Especially when you see all the stuff the Bucks do with prowrestlingtees.

That said, that line reads VERY kayfabe-y.
Kenny Omega wasn't involved in any of the best matches of 2015 for example

Styles vs Ibushi

CYY9GsmWQAEgK--.png

CYYp9rlWEAIIcdb.png

I feel like Candice would never fit as well in NXT as opposed to sticking in the indies. Mainly because I think she'd lose a lot of what makes her stand out if she had to wrestle other women exclusively. Not saying she couldn't do well, just that she wouldn't be nearly as popular.

Xater

No, it was absolutely tedious to slog through.
I almost began longing for the one that included Big Daddy V or the December to Dismember one.

Damn it. Was hoping it was so bad it's good again. I just couldn't stop laughing at Dolph calling out spots from the top of his lungs.

Nakamura is full on the most charismatic wrestler on the planet, when he's on his game, but I just can't even picture how WWE is going to use him. Considering how much he was making in New Japan, I can't imagine WWE offered him anything less than a FUCK-TON of money, but unless they give him a bigger build-up than Tensai, Bo, and Fandango combined, him just showing up at Raw and acting like a coked-up weirdo is going to go poorly.

Also, Orton is wonderful, and I will hear no word to the contrary. He's the epitome of a wrestler who gets better the more you watch him, because - like the above GIF/photo combo shows - his work contains so many little touches that break up the seeming sameness of his moveset.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Nakamura is full on the most charismatic wrestler on the planet, when he's on his game, but I just can't even picture how WWE is going to use him. Considering how much he was making in New Japan, I can't imagine WWE offered him anything less than a FUCK-TON of money, but unless they give him a bigger build-up than Tensai, Bo, and Fandango combined, him just showing up at Raw and acting like a coked-up weirdo is going to go poorly.

Also, Orton is wonderful, and I will hear no word to the contrary. He's the epitome of a wrestler who gets better the more you watch him, because - like the above GIF/photo combo shows - his work contains so many little touches that break up the seeming sameness of his moveset.

I honestly cannot wait to have Orton fight Nakamura and Styles. Well, I can wait, because it's gonna be awhile.

Zach

Orton's kinda Jeff Jarrett-y. 😬

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom