• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Beer Money is back??

Shame we couldn't get them in NXT

Back where? Do people care? I don't care. Am I representative of the majority? Is it just hicks that like them?

Guy on Wrestling Observer saying Nakamura needs a better look and should hit the gym. I don't get why guys need to always be toned and bulky.

Are there any good reasons why he shouldn't? I can't think of any. He may be fine as it is, but he can look better. There's nothing wrong with that.

Cagey

Banned
Is Brock advertised for tonight? They're going against the college football title game and all.

Are there any good reasons why he shouldn't? I can't think of any. He may be fine as it is, but he can look better. There's nothing wrong with that.

Nakamura just needs to hook up with Barrett for that four month cardio and clen diet which got Barrett looking shredded without adding any mass.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Nakamura just needs to hook up with Barrett for that four month cardio and clen diet which got Barrett looking shredded without adding any mass.

God, he looked incredible. That was unbelievable. He was approaching Rude-style shredded. Barrett looked so good.

klonere

Banned

He is extremely banged up as is, has enough natural physical charisma as is, WWE touring schedule is going to stress his body even more through more matches, more kilometers and less downtime. No need to aspire to go on the ADR diet and hit the gym to deadlift like all those other healthy wrestlers.

Dude is fine and can wrestle a style that doesn't need him to look significantly better than he is already. But I think we have a fundamentally different take on that whole issue.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
He is extremely banged up as is, has enough natural physical charisma as is, WWE touring schedule is going to stress his body even more through more matches, more kilometers and less downtime. No need to aspire to go on the ADR diet and hit the gym to deadlift like all those other healthy wrestlers.

Dude is fine and can wrestle a style that doesn't need him to look significantly better than he is already. But I think we have a fundamentally different take on that whole issue.

Sure, he can wrestle it. Who else can, though? Nothing makes you healthier than some serious time at the gym. It'll get him ready!

Look at Vince. He's 70. The time he's spent in the gym is the secret to his longevity and good health. He's a true iron man. Without his striations and vascularity, you think he'd be moving around that well? Hell no.

thefro

It's really too bad Cesaro is hurt because a Cesaro/Nakamura tag team (heavily pushed) would be a great way to establish Nakamura. I think that'd even be a better team than Benoit/Angle.

Beer Money is back??

Shame we couldn't get them in NXT

I wouldn't mind seeing Beer Money wrestle all the NXT tag teams but that division is pretty full.

klonere

Banned
Sure, he can wrestle it. Who else can, though? Nothing makes you healthier than some serious time at the gym. It'll get him ready!

Look at Vince. He's 70. The time he's spent in the gym is the secret to his longevity and good health. He's a true iron man. Without his striations and vascularity, you think he'd be moving around that well? Hell no.

Well I'm sure he'll be somewhat bulked up on his debut. They'll expect it I'm sure.

In other news I discovered through a really awfully titled post on Wreddit that Ryback went toe to toe on the mic against Cena and came off really well? I have never seen this side of the dude since I started watching, I always thought he was pretty average to actively terrible on the mic but the dude sounds great here. Cena's shtick about "not doing your diaper" was pretty bad though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aQLkDpENUA

Mahonay

Banned
My Network sub ran out. Breaking Ground ended.

I don't think I'll be renewing for a while, friends.
Royal Rumble?

I just realized Ziggler will probably come out tonight looking like some kind of Ziggy Stardust 80's metal reject. Fuck

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Royal Rumble?

I just realized Ziggler will probably come out tonight looking like some kind of Ziggy Stardust 80's metal reject. Fuck

Don't don't don't! No! Maybe a tag team. Ziggler and Stardust. It's close :(

Aiii

So not worth it
Royal Rumble?

Honestly, I'm not sure.

I barely watched the last four PPV's. As in, I watched maybe one or two matches on each. I'm not gonna watch the Rumble live anyways, and the whole Reigns-storyline doesn't really interest me that much either. The only reason I kept my sub for the Network going was for the original content (NXT is on Hulu, so I'm not losing that).

I guess it's a result of dropping Raw that has me disinterested in the PPV's as well, or something like that, I don't know.

Flair is on the Stone Cold podcast tonight, but that doesn't sound very interesting to me, either.

Don't don't don't! No! Maybe a tag team. Ziggler and Stardust. It's close :(

Ziggler Stardust vs. Axel Rose?

shanafan

Y3qiaRk.gif

How soon for Rusev and Del Rio to win the tag team titles in like a three-way tag team battle? I can't see WWE booking New Day vs Rusev and Del Rio, but could see them winning the titles against a face team in the match.

Mahonay

Banned
Honestly, I'm not sure.

I barely watched the last four PPV's. As in, I watched maybe one or two matches on each. I'm not gonna watch the Rumble live anyways, and the whole Reigns-storyline doesn't really interest me that much either. The only reason I kept my sub for the Network going was for the original content (NXT is on Hulu, so I'm not losing that).

I guess it's a result of dropping Raw that has me disinterested in the PPV's as well, or something like that, I don't know.

Flair is on the Stone Cold podcast tonight, but that doesn't sound very interesting to me, either.
I was pretty much giving no fucks about the main WWE product as well for the past month or two, but the big signings got me super hopeful at the moment.

Also the new Smackdown that premiered last week was actually good. So even if RAW is the dripping shits, I have one main roster show to watch now.

Mahonay

Banned
5. Kalisto and El Torito beat Los Matadores. Torito filled in for Sin Cara.

How do they explain this, did Los Matadores turn heel on El Torito?
Probably.

I saw that El Torito had joined up with Kalisto. If they actually let Torito go in the ring those two in the ring together could be absolutely absurd.

Aiii

So not worth it
WWE Network now has every Raw through December 24, 2001, missing the 2001 year end edition.

That's pretty cool, but I'm actually really behind on some TV-shows, movies and other stuff, too. It's not like I'd have time to watch any of it (and it's not going anywhere, so that's good, I suppose).

I think a break from WWE for a while might not be the worst thing, recharge the old batteries.

Mahonay

Banned
That's pretty cool, but I'm actually really behind on some TV-shows, movies and other stuff, too. It's not like I'd have time to watch any of it (and it's not going anywhere, so that's good, I suppose).

I think a break from WWE for a while might not be the worst thing, recharge the old batteries.
I take month long breaks from core WWE every once in a while. You have to. It drains your soul and your mind.

shaowebb

Went back to look up some old favorites to see how they were getting along these days. Haven't been able to find Dragon Kid news since 2014 sadly. Led me to check up on Eiji Ezaki (Hayabusa) to see how he was getting on with his singing career after he was crippled due to injury. Got the pleasant news that he has regained the use of his legs and can walk with a cane now! Had no idea this happened, but it made me really happy to hear it. That injury was one of the most tragic moments I ever saw. Glad to see he's regained so much.

Well I'm sure he'll be somewhat bulked up on his debut. They'll expect it I'm sure.

In other news I discovered through a really awfully titled post on Wreddit that Ryback went toe to toe on the mic against Cena and came off really well? I have never seen this side of the dude since I started watching, I always thought he was pretty average to actively terrible on the mic but the dude sounds great here. Cena's shtick about "not doing your diaper" was pretty bad though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aQLkDpENUA
Ryborg went into business for himself that night. That's the only reason Cena ran out of the ring angry. Ryborg was spitting the truff

Apparently there's a rumor starting to float around saying that Hideo Itami wants to go back to Japan. People are saying MVP mentioned it on a podcast. I guess NJPW would have a main event spot waiting for him if Nakamura leaves...

Fox318

Honestly Ryback can cut a good promo and the dude works hard.

But he might be the most unsafe dude in the ring outside of the miz.

I wish they would let him go unscripted more often. Hell that Ryback Owens feud should have gone on longer.

Raw64life

Apparently there's a rumor starting to float around saying that Hideo Itami wants to go back to Japan. People are saying MVP mentioned it on a podcast. I guess NJPW would have a main event spot waiting for him if Nakamura leaves...

Can't say I blame him. Don't see him succeeding on the main roster at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom