• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahonay

Banned
Honestly, fuck Owen's ex wife.
She seems pretty miserable to deal with.

Went back to look up some old favorites to see how they were getting along these days. Haven't been able to find Dragon Kid news since 2014 sadly. Led me to check up on Eiji Ezaki (Hayabusa) to see how he was getting on with his singing career after he was crippled due to injury. Got the pleasant news that he has regained the use of his legs and can walk with a cane now! Had no idea this happened, but it made me really happy to hear it. That injury was one of the most tragic moments I ever saw. Glad to see he's regained so much.
Seeing him get out of his chair for the first time made me tear up pretty bad. So happy he's finally regaining his life.

She seems pretty miserable to deal with.
You can't really blame her but at the same time here you have a guy in Bret, we know his history with the company and what he initially though when it all happened . He wants them to celebrate his life, that's his blood and he's damn right about her not really projecting his life to his kids. She probably gets angry at them for watching his matches.

shaowebb

Looked through some old Puroresu reviews and started checking out Japan's women wrestling at Stardom.

Holy Shit does Kairi Hojo have the best elbow drop ever.

KmQfCAs.gif

J5hPXxO.gif

Bonus:
83oUEQl.gif

I'm hoping I'm getting the names right. I don't know these wrestlers and they change outfits a lot. I also enjoyed the Sendai Sachiko and Io Shirai stuff I found.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Looked through some old Puroresu reviews and started checking out Japan's women wrestling at Stardom.

I'm hoping I'm getting the names right. I don't know these wrestlers and they change outfits a lot. I also enjoyed the Sendai Sachiko and Io Shirai stuff I found.

Stardom is a shitload of fun, I really dig their stuff. The only challenge you'll really have with them is knowing if you're getting a single-camera show or multi-cam. Makes a huge difference.

Mahonay

Banned
You can't really blame her but at the same time here you have a guy in Bret, we know his history with the company and what he initially though when it all happened . He wants them to celebrate his life, that's his blood and he's damn right about her not really projecting his life to his kids. She probably gets angry at them for watching his matches.
At this point she's doing far more damage than good for what seems like entirely selfish reasons. Life has to move on, and you can't force his other family and friends to just forget his life work.

Sephzilla

I think you can totally blame her. I always got the impression she still believed Owen's death wasn't entirely an accident, plus she was basically depriving her children of seeing their father in his prime doing something he loved doing. It's been almost 17 years, let people celebrate Owen's life.

Fox318

Honestly, fuck Owen's ex wife.

Honestly I'm sympathetic towards her.

WWE just wants to make money off her husbands name and project the fake carny history of the McMahon family.

If WWE donated all profits from the DVD to The Owen Hart Foundation and werfe completely honest in their fucking of owen hart and HHH's burial of Owen then fine.

They made Owen do that shit because of their dumb meathead lockeroom mentality.

I mean does anyone trust a company run by a McMahon to do the right thing? Hell even when they made sure Vikki had a job they proceeded to use her husbands death in storyline.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Owen's ex wife is fine. People deal with grief in different ways. He isn't "ours" to say what should or should not be done. She has more of a say than fans should. This is how it should be.

At this point she's doing far more damage than good for what seems like entirely selfish reasons. Life has to move on, and you can't force his other family and friends to just forget his life work.
You're absolutely correct. Owen's side of the family think she's a wack job and with Owen being a family man, I know that he hates that abrupt split that she's caused.

Fox318

Owen's ex wife is fine. People deal with grief in different ways. He isn't "ours" to say what should or should not be done. She has more of a say than fans should. This is how it should be.

Yup.

If the company had different leadership I'd disagree but its the same people.

Honestly I'm sympathetic towards her.

WWE just wants to make money off her husbands name and project the fake carny history of the McMahon family.

If WWE donated all profits from the DVD to The Owen Hart Foundation and werfe completely honest in their fucking of owen hart and HHH's burial of Owen then fine.

They made Owen do that shit because of their dumb meathead lockeroom mentality.

I mean does anyone trust a company run by a McMahon to do the right thing? Hell even when they made sure Vikki had a job they proceeded to use her husbands death in storyline.
What did Hunter do to Owen?

Mahonay

Banned
Yup.

If the company had different leadership I'd disagree but its the same people.
I mean there's no denying WWE is blatantly scummy and exploitive when dealing with "honoring" dead wrestlers.

The way Macho was handled still bothers me, and the white washing of Warrior's past after he died.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So if you're WWE how do you introduce Nakamura properly? He'll still be signed with New Japan until the end of the month, so a Rumble debut is out of the question.

It's too bad there isn't a Takeover show between now and Mania weekend, because that would have been a good place to debut him, like they did with Joe last year.

If they are gonna do a surprise debut with AJ Styles at the Rumble, I'm hoping they don't go down the same route with Nakamura. Even though we'd all mark out, I'm pretty sure he'd come out to silence if he just showed up randomly on Raw or the February PPV. Even though WWE never does this kind of shit anymore, I hope they tease him through pre-recorded interview packages that air every week on Raw and Smackdown. It would be him talking shit in Japanese with subtitles, shot like the pre-recorded Brock Lesnar/John Cena shit talk videos. Each video can end with "SHINSUKE NAKAMURA - COMING AT FAST LANE"

Alternatively, if Nakamura isn't a part of the Mania plans, you can just debut him on Raw after Mania to the crazy hardcore crowd that actually knows who he is.
Jobber entrance in a match with Dolph Ziggler at the end of the second hour of Raw

DMczaf

Is it really that hard to make a new guy seem like a Big Fucking Deal?

I remember when Vince was able to do it in the past with new guys getting signed. They were able to do it with Sting tho, barely.

Heroman

Banned

I remember when Vince was able to do it in the past with new guys getting signed. They were able to do it with Sting tho, barely.

For Vince in 2016 it seem like hard thing to do.

Kaladin

It's not the debut and initial angle you have to worry about, it's what they do after that.

WWE is good at big angles and feuds, but they rarely know what to do with anyone after they've exhausted the current creative path.

shaowebb

Hmmm...I wonder if NJPW will go on a talent hunt to fill the gaps left by Ibushi, Devitt, Pac, Styles and soon Nakamura. It'd be nice if they brought in some Dragon Gate draws like Masato Yoshino and BxB Hulk. Yoshino has been a looooooooongtime favorite of mine since his Speed Muscle days. Lightning Spiral 4 life. They still got Okada, Tanahashi, Goto, Shibata, and several others but it'd be nice to see them fill in some holes on the speedier high fly side.

I mean there's no denying WWE is blatantly scummy and exploitive when dealing with "honoring" dead wrestlers.

The way Macho was handled still bothers me, and the white washing of Warrior's past after he died.
I'm glad they just rinsed away Warrior's past. Like they say, forgive and forget. It could've been worse the way things went down.

You heard that song by Hall and Oates, out of touch?

Mahonay

Banned
Hmmm...I wonder if NJPW will go on a talent hunt to fill the gaps left by Ibushi, Devitt, Pac, Styles and soon Nakamura. It'd be nice if they brought in some Dragon Gate draws like Masato Yoshino and BxB Hulk. Yoshino has been a looooooooongtime favorite of mine since his Speed Muscle days. Lightning Spiral 4 life. They still got Okada, Tanahashi, Goto, Shibata, and several others but it'd be nice to see them fill in some holes on the speedier high fly side.
How long is Ibushi out for?

DMczaf

Speaking of Nakamura, I noticed WWE.com is now calling the signings "Nakamura and The Bullet Club"

http://www.wwe.com/inside/10-biggest-signings-in-wwe-history

Unconfirmed rumors have been running rampant that Shinsuke Nakamura and The Bullet Club are in negotiations with WWE, and a series of cryptic tweets to and by the New Japan standouts have only served to stoke the flames. The office of WWE COO Triple H has been mum on the issue, and anyone who might have a line on the international stars’ plans isn’t talking. If the four rumored signees — Nakamura, AJ Styles, Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson —domake their way to WWE, they’ll immediately become part of a long tradition of marquee signings by the Titan Tower talent team. Here are ten that previously set the sports-entertainment world ablaze.

They got him out in front!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
My cell phone contract ran out and was wondering what the top rated providers are for you guys? I've got Verizon right now and thought they were decent, esp compared to T-Mobile. But i didn't know if anyone had experience elsewhere

Her hip will be dust in 5 years max

That's about the average timespan of a joshi's career before retirement anyways these days

Hex

Banned
My cell phone contract ran out and was wondering what the top rated providers are for you guys? I've got Verizon right now and thought they were decent, esp compared to T-Mobile. But i didn't know if anyone had experience elsewhere

That's about the average timespan of a joshi's career before retirement anyways these days

T-Mobile keeps me happy, but I would imagine it all depends where you are.

Cagey

Banned
T-Mobile keeps me happy, but I would imagine it all depends where you are.

Driving into the rural parts of New York, Maryland, and Virginia in recent months showed me how much better Verizon's network (old carrier) is than T-Mobile's network (current) if you're not in a populated area.

If you travel a lot to remote spots or live in a relatively remote spot, Verizon seems like a necessity. If you're in a city or suburb, no appreciable difference.

Kaladin

I'm also happy with T-Mobile. Both me and my fiance have unlimited talk, text and data for $100. I don't think I can beat that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom