• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Downhome

This will be the first time I have EVER missed a live first airing of RAW. I can't miss my Tigers tonight.

P.S.

How sad is that now that I actually type it out? Hahaha

shaowebb

You won't miss anything

Not unless The Bullet Club call up skips NXT and goes straight to the main show. Doubt its this soon anyhow. Wouldn't be a bad invasion angle though. Just who the hell do you use to work them? Not many in WWE can keep up in the top card.

There are plenty of podcasts out there that cover WWF but are there any that focus on NJPW or WCW?

Not exclusively NJPW, but the Fight Network's Japanese Audio Wrestling podcast, featuring the author of the recent history of NJPW book, is good. Alan 4L's most recent show for the F4WOnline network is a 2015 retrospective of NJPW. The Voices of Wrestling Network's Purocast and main podcast also cover NJPW regularly.

Not unless The Bullet Club call up skips NXT and goes straight to the main show. Doubt its this soon anyhow. Wouldn't be a bad invasion angle though. Just who the hell do you use to work them? Not many in WWE can keep up in the top card.
Too early for them to debut.

Save it for the Raw after WM(invasion or nWo angle).

And I said before, I'd have them be in business for themselves. Saying they're better than all of the talent on the roster. If you have Balor join them, mention who they stick him in NXT to keep him from running through all of the main guys on the roster.

Have them be their own group, fighting the good and the authority.

Xater

Not exclusively NJPW, but the Fight Network's Japanese Audio Wrestling podcast, featuring the author of the recent history of NJPW book, is good. Alan 4L's most recent show for the F4WOnline network is a 2015 retrospective of NJPW. The Voices of Wrestling Network's Purocast and main podcast also cover NJPW regularly.

And Observer Radio covers it on a regular basis as well.

Anth0ny

they only reason why I can see them rushing the debut of AJ and Shinsuke is how thin their roster is atm and they have to sell out a 100k seat stadium in April. Not that either guy is a huge draw for the traditional WWE fan but I fail to see any alternatives. At least those two guys were huge stars in Japan and know how to put on a fantastic match.

realistically the best time to debut them would be the NXT Takeover on Mania weekend or the Raw after Mania.

Aiii

So not worth it
I don't understand this rushing talk.

If they have WWE contracts, what good would it do to bench them for months? Pay them large sums of dollars for shits and giggles? Pay them a ton to perform for the Full Sail smarks to chant some dumb shit at them?

Get them on the main roster as soon as you can.

Xater

If they have WWE contracts, what good would it do to bench them for months? Pay them large sums of dollars for shits and giggles? Pay them a ton to perform for the Full Sail smarks to chant some dumb shit at them?

My thoughts as well, because man do they need them.

Raw64life

CYdTDwGUQAE-HX0.jpg

Not like he can do anything else at this point.

imBask

Banned
He can't speak english and strong style won't work in WWE, I know you guys all want him to be the savior of this company but he won't. He might end up winning a tag team title at some point, and MAYBE even a midcard title, but that's pushing it.

Keep those NJPW memories close because you'll need them

Anth0ny

it doesn't make sense considering how thin the main roster is yet they're doing that very thing with Joe and Balor. WWE doesn't usually make sense.

He can't speak english and strong style won't work in WWE, I know you guys all want him to be the savior of this company but he won't. He might end up winning a tag team title at some point, and MAYBE even a midcard title, but that's pushing it.

god damn just give him a run in NXT >_<

Ithil

He can speak English and he's not really that "Strong Style" despite the moniker.

Raw64life

I can see AJ at the Rumble but the other three are still technically signed to NJPW. That being said, I'm assuming the main reason for this talent raid is because of how injury plagued the current roster is so they should want them on the main roster ASAP. Although they could always go to NXT and have a few guys who have been in NXT for a while get called up.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Between those 4 ropes!

Don't be so salty, i'm just as sad as you that Nakamura won't work in WWE

He'll be whatever, we'll see if he even ends up there. I'm not concerned about it in one way or the other. The tireless fantasy booking since WK10 is wearing me down to a nub.

Will Kurt Angle make the WWE Hall of Fame once TNA is finally dead?

Will TNA outlive Kurt? I say yes.

Heroman

Banned

Nakamura can speak english.

Xater

I can see AJ at the Rumble but the other three are still technically signed to NJPW. That being said, I'm assuming the main reason for this talent raid is because of how injury plagued the current roster is so they should want them on the main roster ASAP. Although they could always go to NXT and have a few guys who have been in NXT for a while get called up.

As much as I like what we have gotten out of Balor in NXT he is one of those guys that really didn't need to be there. Owens probably as well and why Samoa Joe is there is also beyond me.

Will TNA outlive Kurt? I say yes.

Damn! That's not nice.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
As much as I like what we have gotten out of Balor in NXT he is one of those guys that really didn't need to be there. Owens probably as well and why Samoa Joe is there is also beyond me.

It's important to state that they're very good to have in NXT for a lot of the things they're doing off-TV with the talent. Training with them, sharing their knowledge, and more - it's invaluable for their upcoming crop of people, and it really, REALLY helps young wrusslers to spend time wrusslin' someone very different with a lot of knowledge, as opposed to rookies vs rookies.

Heroman

Banned
Will Kurt Angle make the WWE Hall of Fame once TNA is finally dead?

WWE is not afraid of talking about him and he seem to pretty on pretty good grounds with everyone who would make that decision so hell probably get in when he is semiretired or offically done with TNA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom