• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiguel182

HHH in the main-event isn't that bad since he is in shape and it makes story sense.

But I'm not expecting something super exciting either way. Maybe they'll pull of something interesting but last year's Mania was already pretty bad (save for the ending) so it's not like it's unexpected.

Tana losing in three consecutive big matches seems to be a pretty risky proposition right now. It'd be cool and good to build new stars but very risky. Can't completely drain Tana of his ability to put someone over by a clean win so quickly.

It's Tana. Dude could lose every match this entire year and it'd still be huge to get a win over him.

I know its been said before but

what if Reigns gets hurt. There is no alternative. There is no babyface being effectively heated up alongside him.

where were you when WWE was kill.
Then wwe(more so Vince's mind) is fucked and that's what they get for not building superstars and the ones they build, they feed to Cena.

Hex

Banned
It seem Roman has begun to lose the good will and hype that he gotten a few raw back.

I thought he did just fine last night.
When he showed up crowd was for him, they reacted in his favor fine all until they knew Brock would be involved.

Kaladin

Damn tempted by this show. Pentagon Jr, Fenix, Drago, AR Fox and others.

12552570_1211640722182781_6585095659982958468_n.jpg

$30 though, and in ATL. I'd be in for the Lucha Underground stars but I dunno.

Ithil

I know its been said before but

what if Reigns gets hurt. There is no alternative. There is no babyface being effectively heated up alongside him.

where were you when WWE was kill.

That's been an issue for years. "What if Cena was hit by a bus tomorrow?", they would have had no backup at all.

Now Cena actually is out, and they've basically thrown every egg they have into one middling, mediocre basket. If Reigns was hit by a bus tomorrow, they might as well just go on hiatus rather than try to use that roster they ground into dust as their selling point.
And this is the WM season, supposed to be its best time of the year. What's the late spring/early summer period going to look like? Or next football season?

So, ICW wrestler Chris Renfrew cuts a "shoot" promo on Grado, because Grado's the ICW champ but he's swanning about in America for TNA instead of defending the belt. Some of the crowd agree with Renfrew, some don't, but it's an obvious angle. Of course this plays out to twitter, whereupon the "boys" take it upon themselves to shit on "ungrateful punters" having a go at Grado, but funnily enough aren't calling Renfrew a cunt for getting the ball rolling. Who's the good guy here? Renfrew for ripping into a guy who's just trying to make a success of himself? Or Grado, for pissing off to America instead of sticking with the promotion that made him? Fucking worked shoots in 2016, dumb as shit.

klonere

Banned
Then fuck it. Give WrestleMania to NXT.
This would work way better than it probably should.

Dean Ambrose would be the back-up to Roman Reigns, easily.

Nobody cares about ol' Deano anymore. He's in this feud with KO where they aren't allowed to talk to each other, I bet its some weird legal thing. That has to be the only reason they aren't having the two best talkers in the company TALK at each other to PROMOTE a match.

So, ICW wrestler Chris Renfrew cuts a "shoot" promo on Grado, because Grado's the ICW champ but he's swanning about in America for TNA instead of defending the belt. Some of the crowd agree with Renfrew, some don't, but it's an obvious angle. Of course this plays out to twitter, whereupon the "boys" take it upon themselves to shit on "ungrateful punters" having a go at Grado, but funnily enough aren't calling Renfrew a cunt for getting the ball rolling. Who's the good guy here? Renfrew for ripping into a guy who's just trying to make a success of himself? Or Grado, for pissing off to America instead of sticking with the promotion that made him? Fucking worked shoots in 2016, dumb as shit.

ffsbritwres

EDIT: also 99% positive they did this angle when drew missed like 1 show too

klonere

Banned

Didn't they do the same for Drew?

Edit: Flammable out tekkers'd me

Well now nobody is getting a rub over Nakamura before he's gone.

Omega got a clean pin on him at New Year's Dash and I guarantee Nakamura takes the fall in his last match, presumably it'll be Tanahashi to set-up Omega vs Tanahashi for the IC belt.

Sucks that he won't get one last title match, but there was no time for it really - in hindsight, it's even more aggravating that they didn't have the faith to keep the belt on Goto last year.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Well, which one of them pooped on the other? Since it's Britwres someone had to do something gross to ruin it. I can see Grado pooping on someone.

Speaking of Britwres being dumb, remember that clown who had to cancel the show he was co-promoting with NJPW because no one bought any tickets? Looks like he's going to try again this year. Doesn't seem to understand that when you're up against RevPro who have a proven track record, multiple successful sell-out events promoted with NJPW talent and who run more central, easily accessible locations on the same weekend you're running your "supershow" in the arse-end of nowhere, you're gonna have a bad time.

Incidentally, I'm interested to see how huge of a failure those 5 Star wrestling shows are - looks to be a very expensive tour from an inexperienced promoter and I've yet to speak to anyone planning on attending. I guess this is the knock-on effect of British wrestling's recent success, all the clowns and money marks come out of the woodwork.

Well, which one of them pooped on the other? Since it's Britwres someone had to do something gross to ruin it. I can see Grado pooping on someone.

Haha, that was ONE match, ffs! Britwres isn't always quite so gross, just Jack Sexsmith.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Incidentally, I'm interested to see how huge of a failure those 5 Star wrestling shows are - looks to be a very expensive tour from an inexperienced promoter and I've yet to speak to anyone planning on attending. I guess this is the knock-on effect of British wrestling's recent success, all the clowns and money marks come out of the woodwork.

Sexsmith.

You sound like the British Jim Cornette, talking business over here. Just need to pepper in some colloquialisms on the same scale as Corny. "And those blokes were proper cunted by the end of the night like Lenny McLean all to put at the battlecruiser, right?"

Also why isn't Sexsmith in CZW?

klonere

Banned
You sound like the British Jim Cornette, talking business over here. Just need to pepper in some colloquialisms on the same scale as Corny. "And those blokes were proper cunted by the end of the night like Lenny McLean all to put at the battlecruiser, right?"

Also why isn't Sexsmith in CZW?

This is dangerously close to shitposting. Cmon Sunny. Step your game up.

Fox318

klonere

Banned
Shitposting? I'm one of the only people around here that actually likes Corny.

I don't like him but I'm definitely on his side of the fence when it comes to the Bucks.

Holy shit AJPW using Adobe Premiere stock music in their pre-match video packages. They really gotta be hurting in the back, I'm sure they've had to seriously cut down.

Foffy

Banned
Bullshit that Nakamura is leaving and dropping the belt he had exactly like Del Rio did....

I actually wanted to see Omega win. Talk about burying talent. Thanks, WWE.

Toki767

Bullshit that Nakamura is leaving and dropping the belt he had exactly like Del Rio did....

I actually wanted to see Omega win. Talk about burying talent. Thanks, WWE.

Well they could have booked the match on Nakamura's final show if they wanted to. Stripping him of the title was Gedo's decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom