• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Entropia

No One Remembers
RIP in peace again Rusev

Rusev suffered what is begin described as a minor knee injury over the weekend, which is why he was held off Raw. Rusev suffered the injury in a match with Ryback at the WWE live event in Bossier City, Louisiana, on Saturday night. While there is no confirmation, the hope is that Rusev will be back for the Royal Rumble PPV.

God damn. :(

Heath Slater vs. Roman Reigns headlining Wrestlemania!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I guess they're having Nakamura vacate the IC belt either because there's one show where they could potentially do the switch (1/30) and it's only a Korakuen Hall show. Also, Nakamura had apparently offered to stay beyond his contract to properly finish up, but New Japan declined and preferred him to vacate the title.

On the one hand, it's shitty that Nakamura doesn't put someone over on his way out and only highlights how idiotic it was to cut off Goto's legs like they did with his IC title run last year. But, on the other hand, Omega feuding with Tanahashi would definitely be something to look forward to - I can see them doing a redemption storyline for Tanahashi off the back of this. Loses at WK, loses the IC title to Omega and fails to win the NJC (or wins it then fails in his title shot), which will set him up for a good G1 run, maybe have him in the finals (vs Naito!!).
It really was a shame how Goto kept stop-starting. He has a good look and he's fun to watch, I love his reverse neck smash, or whatever the goddamn thing is called. I spent about 15 mins with Stro trying to describe the damn move. Goto shouldn't have been moving forward, then immediately losing everything. Everything from the IC title to the tag titles with Shibutter, it's just been a shame for ol' Goto.

Kiyo

So true. I've been thinking the exact same thing last week when it was announced Brock was going to return. We all know Roman will lose and will 100% get his Mania moment vs Brock. Sucks but painfully cringeworthy and boring.

The problem with this scenario is Lesnar is the most over face in the whole company. How are they going to get people to cheer for Roman over Lesnar in the "smark"iest event of the year? If this were to happen, it would be an awful Wrestlemania moment for him because he'd be boo'd out of the stadium.

Fox318

The fall of Rusev.

Wonder who made sure that would happen.

giphy.gif

Sephzilla

I don't care if Lana and Rusev get so much heat they get 3rd degree burns from the TMZ thing. They saved us from the continuation of that awful Ziggler/Rusev storyline, that alone warrants Rusev getting a legit (and I mean legit) medal of honor

RIP in peace again Rusev

Rusev suffered what is begin described as a minor knee injury over the weekend, which is why he was held off Raw. Rusev suffered the injury in a match with Ryback at the WWE live event in Bossier City, Louisiana, on Saturday night. While there is no confirmation, the hope is that Rusev will be back for the Royal Rumble PPV.

jfc

they don't stop coming

klonere

Banned
I know its been said before but

what if Reigns gets hurt. There is no alternative. There is no babyface being effectively heated up alongside him.

where were you when WWE was kill.

Lothar

Banned

what if Reigns gets hurt. There is no alternative. There is no babyface being effectively heated up alongside him.

They would actually have to put someone the fans like and care about TV instead. Crowd wouldn't be as bored as they were last night during the main event of Raw.

Aiii

So not worth it

Really looking forward to the ratings this week, most compelling thing about WWE since Mania XXX.

Kaladin

So two comments I had on the opening of Raw last night:

1) That's a lot of jobbers in the Royal Rumble.

2) We've done the vs all match before with Cena and Orton.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If he gets hurt, he gets hurt. Injuries are great for undercard folks who all of a sudden get a whole lot of opportunity. Kalisto's win is a big part of that.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Was kinda upset we didn't see a Brock/Wyatt showdown. Seems like they bounced once Brock arrived.

I wanna see the god, Strowman, stand chest to chest with Brock. God damn that'd look good. Strowman is the future.

Hex

Banned
It will come down to Brock and Reigns at the Rumble going toe to toe.
At #30 Triple H will enter himself and screw both of them over.
(I will allow for an Authority representative entering at #30 and screwing them both over but in one way or another Triple H will be personal involved) this pissing off Brock and Reigns and leading to Mania

Fox318

After HHH wins he will tell roman that people like him don't get to be champion (even though he already was one) then have Steph come down and say racist comments and HHH will go over at Mania 32.

sounds familiar

92bCw88.jpg

DMczaf

It feels like after HHH goes over at the biggest WM of all time, we will cut to a series of flashbacks showing that it was HHH that orchestrated the biggest injury bug in WWE history.

Think 'The Prestige' ending.

shaowebb

Man its pretty bad when I look at the top WWE card these days and think its about as compelling as fucking TNA. Just a bunch of bland dudes and should-be-retirees. It pains me to know Nakamura is probably on his way there.

Fox318

It feels like after HHH goes over at the biggest WM of all time, we will cut to a series of flashbacks showing that it was HHH that orchestrated the biggest injury bug in WWE history.

Think 'The Prestige' ending.

"Hey guys I want you all to start lifting heavy Olympic lifts with no rests."

Plus he rigged Orton's trashcan to injure him.

All to stay over.

Browny

Banned
Away from the main roster, Stuart Tomlinson aka Hugo Knox was interviewed by the BBC, which can be read here. Tomlinson played football (soccer) until recently, then went to a tryout at the O2 and moved to the Performance Centre 12 months later. It's a good read, and hopefully he embraces the opportunity.

Aiii

So not worth it
Nobody really believes this Mania is going to be the biggest ever, right?

I mean, aside from every top draw this side of the part-timers being injured, what is there really to look forward to? Reigns is all but killing ratings, nobody really cares about guys like Del Rio, Ambrose or Owens (due to booking and creative). Taker's streak is done. And the one big draw they could get, Rousey, was killed dead over at UFC.

There's just no way this Mania is going to sell out.

Anth0ny

Painfully obvious prediction here

Roman enters at Number 1 (It's his Rumble, he's defending the title)

Brock enters at Number 30 (They should try and escalate it to this point, where the more known/bigger players come out later, making it harder and harder for Reigns until BROCK.LESNAR)

Hunter comes out, screws Reigns over, Brock wins

Reigns v. Hunter at Fastlane. If Reigns wins, he gets his rematch at WM

Reigns v. Lesnar at WM. LOLReignsWins

I know people hate predictability in WWE, or at least PAINFULLY OBVIOUS predictability, but this is PAINFULLY OBVIOUS

At this point, if Rock can't work Mania with Brock, this seems like the most likely outcome.

Actually... lets increase those odds. Hunter adds himself to the main event, making it a triple threat match. There's no way Reigns can overcome those odds, but he never gives up Byron!

Kaladin

I mean, aside from every top draw this side of the part-timers being injured, what is there really to look forward to? Reigns is all but killing ratings, nobody really cares about guys like Del Rio, Ambrose or Owens (due to booking and creative). Taker's streak is done. And the one big draw they could get, Rousey, was killed dead over at UFC.

It will be Mania 27 all over again. It will sell strong and maybe sell out, but only on the hype and power of Mania and not because of anything on the card.

Kiyo

Vince has already decided this is going to be the biggest Wrestlemania ever and he'll report record-breaking attendance, whether it happens or not.

klonere

Banned

WWE have done a fantastic job at making WM an event almost as much about all the peripheral activities, the spectacle and the concept of it being a weekend long wrestling party that tons of people will buy very expensive tickets months before a card is known.

Seriously the card is nearly secondary to the proceedings. A lotta people just wanna go to get fucked up all weekend, catch NXT, got to Access and boo Roman. It's why they still sell out in big markets - there'll always be smarks who just buy the tickets regardless how shit the product is. Everyone has already decided to say that this is the Biggest Mania Ever before the fact so in the ICW ecosystem that term is already ingrained in our minds. So it doesn't matter if the show is terrible, it will probably do very well financially as a live event and the company doesn't give a fuck about the truth so they can just give some bullshit number to make it the biggest of all time.

Ithil

It was never going to sell out, it's too many seats. They didn't come close to selling out last year, and this is a bigger stadium.

BFIB

It'll sell out because the event has reached that status of "can't miss". Even though us fans that follow know its going to be shit. This is already shaping up to be on the levels of WM 2000 bad.

Zach

We're driving to Dallas to see NXT and if we wanted to, we could stay in town and go to Mania. The pull is not there, though. And I doubt that'll change.

After HHH wins he will tell roman that people like him don't get to be champion (even though he already was one) then have Steph come down and say racist comments and HHH will go over at Mania 32.

sounds familiar

92bCw88.jpg
What will they say? He comes from a clueless, long haired, coconut living family?

Actually that would be Crush.

Okay ok, your family is full of wild animals who just made us money?

Wait they said that already

Ithil

It'll sell out because the event has reached that status of "can't miss". Even though us fans that follow know its going to be shit. This is already shaping up to be on the levels of WM 2000 bad.

This is true to a degree, but not a "sell 80-85k tickets" degree.

WM 2000 bad? Well I guess Hunter has to be in the main event.

Hex

Banned
It will be Mania 27 all over again. It will sell strong and maybe sell out, but only on the hype and power of Mania and not because of anything on the card.

I think that they can still do it, but they will completely wreck things for a while to do it.
They will prop up Taker again, they will drag Rock in and offer him a ton of money.
They will pull in alot of one shot stuff like perhaps dig up the Hardys for a TLC , as well as dig into NXT.
They will call in the legends roster to make appearances like Stone Cold and Shawn.
They will gimmick the shit out of it.
They may have to job the hell out of half of the roster to build up people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom