• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmdajr

It feels like after HHH goes over at the biggest WM of all time, we will cut to a series of flashbacks showing that it was HHH that orchestrated the biggest injury bug in WWE history.

Think 'The Prestige' ending.

Nah HHH will lose. He won last year.

Overall...Lost 10 mania matches..and Won 9.

notworksafe

Er, am I missing something or did they just give a major story development to WWE.com? Was Lesnar officially put in the Rumble last night? I thought Heyman was pitching him going straight to the WM Main event and that was left unresolved by the end of the night.

Well here it is anyway, Lesnar officially in the Rumble.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/royalrumbl...e-world-heavyweight-championship?sf18625878=1

Las night Heyman was pitching him going to the main event of WM, Steph told him it's the Rumble or nothing, and Heyman said he'd make Brock accept that...this time.

Then Brock came out at the main event of Raw and rekt the entire (heel) roster and Roman.

Well they could have booked the match on Nakamura's final show if they wanted to. Stripping him of the title was Gedo's decision.
What's a better option? Winning a match everyone knows you will win or an open tournament?
Best scenario would have been if they knew before WK and could have had a surprise win but we wouldn't have gotten the styles match.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
we all know how the IC match would have gone anyways
1376%20-%20autoplay_gif%20bash_at_the_beach%20gif%20hulk_hogan%20jeff_jarrett%20pin%20referee%20wcw.gif

somedevil

Knew some of this is posted by this is whats going to happen with Nakamura:

NJPW official has announced Nakamura will leave in 1/30 Korakuen Hall.

Nakamura will hold a press conference on 1/25.

IWGP IC tite will be vocated.

And @KennyOmegamanX vs mystery X will be taken on 2/14 Nigata show to make a new champion.

Nakamura farewell match will be

Nakamura&Okada&Ishii
vs
Tanahashi&Goto&Shibata

in 1/30 at Korakuen Hall.

So its Kenny Omega vs a mystery opponent and it seems Karl Anderson and Doc Gallows get their rematch Feb 14. So they will be the last to finish up.

klonere

Banned
Las night Heyman was pitching him going to the main event of WM, Steph told him it's the Rumble or nothing, and Heyman said he'd make Brock accept that...this time.

Then Brock came out at the main event of Raw and rekt the entire (heel) roster and Roman.

Ah okay, that makes more sense. Haven't finished listening to the reviews so no real idea what happened with the Roman stuff.

Foffy

Banned
Knew some of this is posted by this is whats going to happen with Nakamura:

So its Kenny Omega vs a mystery opponent and it seems Karl Anderson and Doc Gallows get their rematch Feb 14. So they will be the last to finish up.

Who does New Japan have that wouldn't look like they're simply being fed to Omega? Naito?

Mr. Jimmy

Happy for Becky and Kalisto, I hope for Kalisto's booking to get better.

The whole One vs All was fucking awful, I mean Owens dominated but it felt uneventful.

Sting was basically one of those Japanese soldiers marooned on an island awaiting orders for decades after the war. Poor guy didn't know he had already lost :(

Sephzilla

Even though the Sting/HHH match was dumb as fuck I still marked out big time for it. It was a fun as hell overbooked late 90s wrestling match.

DX took the war right to the front doors of Nitro and WCW ran scared.

In hindsight that really could have backfired big time on WWE if they would have let DX into the building. Everyone would have been like "dude turn on Nitro, DX just showed up"

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Nash said on his shoot that he was looking for them because he wanted to say 'what the fuck are you guys doing here' since they were live

Anth0ny

In hindsight that really could have backfired big time on WWE if they would have let DX into the building. Everyone would have been like "dude turn on Nitro, DX just showed up"

did bischoff ever explain why they didn't just let DX in? that would have been money

Sephzilla

WWE could've sued WcW. When Hall showed up for the first time, he was oozing machismo like Razor and Vince quickly had his attorney's draw up papers to sue WcW for character infringement. So with DX being in character, he could've sued.

Except the cameras DX had with them would become evidence to the fact that the entire bit was a preemptive plan by WWE to get DX into a WCW arena.

did bischoff ever explain why they didn't just let DX in? that would have been money

IIRC I think he said it was an impulse decision to lock them out. In hindsight he's said he should have absolutely let them in.

notworksafe

I enjoyed Flair on the Stone Cold pod last night. Especially was surprised about his response to Stone Cold wishing WCW was still around to provide competition to WWE. Good interview and Flair is a really funny guy.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I enjoyed Flair on the Stone Cold pod last night. Especially was surprised about his response to Stone Cold wishing WCW was still around to provide competition to WWE. Good interview and Flair is a really funny guy.

I didn't bother with it, but based on your words I will try it at lunch today.

BFIB

He said that he was not even aware what was going on. He was doing pre-production in the ring, and found out when he got to the back what was going on. He said he almost went for it to let them in, but wasn't sure what the ramifications would be from corporate on his end.

I think he stated either on Austins podcast, or on Flair's that if he could go back, he would have let them in.

notworksafe

I didn't bother with it, but based on your words I will try it at lunch today.
I went in expecting the normal style of Flair interview where he takes every opportunity and question as a way to put himself over but this was a nice change of pace. He seemed much more "real" in this interview.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I went in expecting the normal style of Flair interview where he takes every opportunity and question as a way to put himself over but this was a nice change of pace. He seemed much more "real" in this interview.

Super cool. And I'm assuming he's not three sheets to the wind.

You're going to do something notworksafe tells you to do in the office? Your funeral pal

hmmm...

image.php

Sephzilla

I'd like to visit the alternate universe were DX actually gets into the Nitro arena and see how things shake out. That's probably the closest we'd ever get to a true WCW/WWF crossover.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Question for everone:

If you could undo ONE decision of a match and have the reverse winner, which match would you reverse?

Except the cameras DX had with them would become evidence to the fact that the entire bit was a preemptive plan by WWE to get DX into a WCW arena.

IIRC I think he said it was an impulse decision to lock them out. In hindsight he's said he should have absolutely let them in.
Maybe it was bait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom