• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephzilla

Question for everone:

If you could undo ONE decision of a match and have the reverse winner, which match would you reverse?

Undertaker vs Lesnar at WM30.

Old Man Taker feels completely pointless now without The Streak and Lesnar destroying Cena did way more for Lesnar's super monster persona than beating Undertaker did. The Streak probably shouldn't have ended at all, but if it did end it should have been a rub to a younger guy instead of another part timer who's ditched the company once.

Honorable mentions:
HHH/Sting at WM31
HBK vs Bret at Survivor Series (alternate timeline where Vince picks Bret over HBK)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Old Man Taker feels completely pointless now without The Streak and Lesnar destroying Cena did way more for Lesnar's super monster persona than beating Undertaker did. The Streak probably shouldn't have ended at all, but if it did end it should have been a rub to a younger guy instead of another part timer who's ditched the company once.

Honorable mentions:
HHH/Sting at WM31
HBK vs Bret at Survivor Series (alternate timeline where Vince picks Bret over HBK)

You still can't let Lesnar/Taker go. God dammit.

Honorable mentions:
HHH/Sting at WM31
30 is probably the only match I undo. Brock didn't need it at all. And WM WAS the streak. Now, it's nothing.

notworksafe

Question for everone:

If you could undo ONE decision of a match and have the reverse winner, which match would you reverse?

Booker over HHH. I think if anyone was going to convince the management that a black champion could draw, it'd be Booker. Plus it would have been one hell of a story finish.

Alternate answer: Bork over Taker at Sumerslam. Cheating or not, the old man shouldn't have won over a goddamn UFC champ and legit monster.

Alternate, alternate answer: Wyatts over Kane/Taker at Survivor Series. See above.

Alternate, alternate, alternate answer (that redoes an entire match): Roman over Taker at WM30, make Roman the new Taker.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Booker vs HHH would be nice to reverse.

I'd like to see Hogan/Andre go the other way. Andre wins! Gets in better shape, lives forever. Okay, well, we can't have it all.

Sephzilla

Yeah Booker vs HHH is another good choice for a match I'd reverse. I'd also go back and change the 2014 Royal Rumble to have Daniel Bryan enter it and win it (seriously, he was hot as fuck that year)

Yeah Booker vs HHH is another good choice for a match I'd reverse. I'd also go back and change the 2014 Royal Rumble to have Daniel Bryan enter it and win it (seriously, he was hot as fuck that year)
A
H
A
!

That was so dumb but it worked out.

2014,I'm referring to

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
I don't know if it's the singular one, but I've thought that Punk vs Rock at the Royal Rumble shouldn't have ended with Rocky going over. Wouldn't twice in a lifetime have been a lot more interesting if it's a triple threat? Punk gets his Mania main event, you can take the title off him without him actually losing, I just think it's a real squandered opportunity.

So you would undercut the storyline in order to satisfy some plebs in Pittsburgh for a night?

Sephzilla

Oh shit, I might have to back off my Taker/Brock answer and go with Rock/Punk at the Royal Rumble. Punk shouldn't have dropped the belt to a guy who wrestled 3 matches in 8 years and Punk retaining would have spared us from Twice In A Lifetime: Finisher Spam Boogaloo.

At least we got the Cena/Punk "what if?" main event on that one episode of raw.
I still remember how the thread was in the usual understandable state of lol Raw at the time but then gradually got engrossed in the match after noticing that it wasn't the bog standard Raw main event and in the end we all marked for a piledriver.
Gooood times....sometimes.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know if it's the singular one, but I've thought that Punk vs Rock at the Royal Rumble shouldn't have ended with Rocky going over. Wouldn't twice in a lifetime have been a lot more interesting if it's a triple threat? Punk gets his Mania main event, you can take the title off him without him actually losing, I just think it's a real squandered opportunity.

I can't agree - Cena vs Rock is WAY different than adding Punk, who honestly didn't belong. Rock vs Cena was made for daytime TV showcases, not showing a third, scrappy looking dude with "different" tattoos.

Maybe it's just me but I hate 3 Way WM main events. WM 20 was straight but WM 2000 really tainted that feeling. Your biggest show of the year should've involve more than one men.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Oh shit, I might have to back off my Taker/Brock answer and go with Rock/Punk at the Royal Rumble. Punk shouldn't have dropped the belt to a guy who wrestled 3 matches in 8 years and Punk retaining would have spared us from Twice In A Lifetime: Finisher Spam Boogaloo.

Yeah, I never really got the point in giving Rock a title run at that point. He didn't need it. They can say that Punk got something out of working with Rock, but he lost to a part timer. It's everything he hated about the company and Vince's booking.

Sephzilla

I would have straight up rather seen Rock/Punk for the title at WrestleMania than Rock/Cena 2. Rock vs Punk was a better match than either of the Rock/Cena matches.

kiguel182

Punk vs Rock vs Cena should've been the main-event of Mania with Rock losing to Punk one on one.

It was super unfair for Punk to have his reign end in the Rumble to a part-timer instead of on Mania to Cena.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Question for everone:

Depressing answer: Perro Aguayo & Manik vs Mysterio & Extreme Tiger so Perro doesn't die

Not depressing answer:Atlantis/Ultimo Guerrero

Ultimo needs that mask. God damn.

Maybe it's just me but I hate 3 Way WM main events. WM 20 was straight but WM 2000 really tainted that feeling. Your biggest show of the year should've involve more than one men.

I was never too fond that after WM20 they just kept throwing out Triple Threat matches for one of the main titles with a middle of the show placement on the card, while they were all fun enough matches it just felt lacking in inpsoration and mania spectacle so to speak.

Especially in the case where bitter rivals Edge and Cena are joined by Big Show due to a messed up love triangle storyline involving Vickie Guerrero.

WM30 got it right though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Is there anything stopping All Japan from building around a sekimoto or Okabayashi

Other than wasting years of building up their guy to push Freelancers instead?
tumblr_myr9lojw4v1qj1jhno1_1280.jpg

Zach

I enjoyed Flair on the Stone Cold pod last night. Especially was surprised about his response to Stone Cold wishing WCW was still around to provide competition to WWE. Good interview and Flair is a really funny guy.

Started it this morning during coffee. It's entertaining enough. I look forward to the moment you allude to.

I was never too fond that after WM20 they just kept throwing out Triple Threat matches for one of the main titles with a middle of the show placement on the card, while they were all fun enough matches it just felt lacking in inpsoration and mania spectacle so to speak.

Especially in the case where bitter rivals Edge and Cena are joined by Big Show due to a messed up love triangle storyline involving Vickie Guerrero.

WM30 got it right though.
Noct, don't remind me of that fucking match. I erased that shit from my brain. Oh my god that so randomly stupid.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
People still upset that Rock upped the prestige of Punk, who couldn't main event to save his life with the title, for a month to give him a graceful loss against a real WWE legend. smh guys.

Depressing answer: Perro Aguayo & Manik vs Mysterio & Extreme Tiger so Perro doesn't die

Not depressing answer:Atlantis/Ultimo Guerrero

Ultimo needs that mask. God damn.

Well, Aguayo would have died soon afterwards in any other match. I dunno. If you could keep him alive, for sure.

Atlantis has won something like 20 mask matches? It's insane.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Let's be honest. That gif should never have happened, and Britain should be ashamed that they let it happen.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wtf is bean doing. There's stuff that's not meant for non-wrestling fan's eyes. Protect the biz, brother.

That reminds me, I have a question about Britain. There was some thing on the "telly" that had a grown man who was breastfeeding and it was popular, and I can't remember the name of it, but he'd say "Bitty" whenever he wanted to suck some titty milk. Do you remember the name of what it was? I remember this "bitty" shit.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Except the cameras DX had with them would become evidence to the fact that the entire bit was a preemptive plan by WWE to get DX into a WCW arena.

IIRC I think he said it was an impulse decision to lock them out. In hindsight he's said he should have absolutely let them in.

Wouldn't that have built up some kind of expectation of a confrontation that couldn't actually happen though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom