• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuroyume

Banned
Social Outcasts give me life

They come out. Talk trash. Get their asses handled by the Wyatts. Ryback comes out to interefere. He gets ganged up and has his ass kicked. Good opportunity for the outcasts to interefere and help Ryback, right? So Bo and Slater interfere, manage to get a few hits in, but then get their asses tossed to the corner posts and start getting pummled. LOL Ryback saves the day.

I love how fucking useless they are. And unlike what I've been reading I actually like Adam Rose in here because he's so fucking weird. Everything about this team is so bizarre that you can't help by love them. Doesn't so feel forced like New Day.

FrighteningDapperIchidna.gif

wtf? Little Britain? Isn't that supposed to be held in some reverence over there? That was...mainstream?

Oh boy. Hang on, I think I recognize that guy from this absolute TRASH show I watched one episode of called Pompidou. He didn't speak. He just made noises. All episode long. It was so bad.

Both shows are lowest common denominator trash.

Anth0ny

At least we got the Cena/Punk "what if?" main event on that one episode of raw.
I still remember how the thread was in the usual understandable state of lol Raw at the time but then gradually got engrossed in the match after noticing that it wasn't the bog standard Raw main event and in the end we all marked for a piledriver.
Gooood times....sometimes.

I don't mind Rock beating Punk because at least we got that Punk/Cena match on Raw, aka the real Wrestlemania main event for that year.

klonere

Banned
All Japan has 12 guys on the roster

Yes 12!!

Post stolen from ~somewhere else~ on how AJPW plans on surviving

the BJW-AJPW cross-promoting going to the next level. Strong BJ worked the last big AJPW show, and SUWAMA was coming ton BJW. Now they are going to run BJW vs AJPW rookie cards together. I'm pretty sure Akiyama plan to fill this november sumo hall show is to run a BJW vs AJPW feud for a year.

''Big Japan's president Eiji Tosaka and All Japan president of talent relations Atsushi Aoki held a press conference to formally announce that the two promotions will be holding the upcoming "D-RIZE" shows together starting on January 18th. Then therein after every other month the two promotions will be alternating who hosts these shows.

These shows are set to focus on the young and up and coming talent of both promotions as they are set to compete against one another.

As of late there has been an increase of BJW competing in an All Japan ring here specifically with both Sekimoto and Okabayashi on the New Year shows earlier this month.

Actually sounds pretty great tbh

klonere

Banned
Definitely in hindsight, I'd argue Little Britain was more of a critical darling at it's peak than Two and a Half Men ever was

And in hindsight it probably was not deserving of a lot of that praise. It was stupidly popular in Ireland for such an unabashedly English show.

And in hindsight it probably was not deserving of a lot of that praise. It was stupidly popular in Ireland for such an unabashedly English show.

Almost definitely not (I haven't watched it since then). The critical praise dropped off fairly quick regardless.

dun dun dun

another one bites the dust

Paige recently spoke with channelguidemag.com, and revealed that she has been out of action due to suffering a “slight concussion.” She explains…

“I hope to get back in the ring soon. It’s just a slight concussion. No big deal. Not a crazy one, but WWE is obviously very protective of their talent. I’m like, I’m fine, I promise.’ They’re like, ‘No, we have to make sure you are 100 percent.’ They are like parents.”

Mahonay

Banned
dun dun dun

Paige recently spoke with channelguidemag.com, and revealed that she has been out of action due to suffering a “slight concussion.” She explains…

“I hope to get back in the ring soon. It’s just a slight concussion. No big deal. Not a crazy one, but WWE is obviously very protective of their talent. I’m like, I’m fine, I promise.’ They’re like, ‘No, we have to make sure you are 100 percent.’ They are like parents.”
Maybe she'll actually put on interesting matches after a break.

dun dun dun

Who?

Hex

Banned
People get upset about a girl being he protagonist of a SW movie in 2015. You think nobody was upset about a female protagonist reveal in the 90s?

Exactly.
Let's not play revisionist history here.
There were large numbers who did not want to accept Samus as a girl.
Others were looking for some kind of bikini mode.
Others thought it was great.
Saying nobody griped is disingenuous

jmdajr

Exactly.
Let's not play revisionist history here.
There were large numbers who did not want to accept Samus as a girl.
Others were looking for some kind of bikini mode.
Others thought it was great.
Saying nobody griped is disingenuous

Maybe, but I never knew these people. Non story to me.

Kaladin

If there is one thing I learned from my time on Neogaf, it's that there are haters out there for everything. Somebody is gonna gripe about anything worth griping about, and anything not worth griping about.

Hex

Banned
Maybe, but I never knew these people. Non story to me.

I found out second hand because I sucked at Metroid (confession :( ) and I thought it was great.
But I knew people in both camps.

If there is one thing I learned from my time on Neogaf, it's that there are haters out there for everything. Everybody is gonna gripe about anything worth griping about, and anything not worth griping about.

This really should be a T Shirt given out when you reach a certain amount of posts or something.

Anth0ny

lel

YO PHIL, stop being so salty and come back to work

dun dun dun

slight concussion likely means she'll be out for 9 months

all that's left is roman. i'm surprised they even let him do the barricade (rubber mat) spot at this point. dude shouldn't even be allowed to work a match from now until mania. or left a barbell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom