• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

klonere

Banned
I can see the Kings Road influence in this spot

giphy.gif

somedevil

Raw Viewership for 1/11

8pm: 3.536
9pm: 3.206
10pm: 3.228

Avg: 3.323

Not good. The game did 24 million or more viewers. Last weeks viewership with DVR viewers was 3.957 million.

edit: Beaten

Recall

For 15 fucking years people have been complaining that RAWs ratings are dropping. Yet nothing ever changes.

Ratings mean nothing.

notworksafe

Raw 1/12/15 matches
Seth Rollins def. John Cena in a Lumberjack Match
The New Day def. Tyson Kidd and Cesaro
Roman Reigns def. Luke Harper
Alicia Fox def. Naomi
The Miz def. Jey Uso
Brie Bella def. Paige
The Ascension def. Two local wrestlers
Rusev def. Dean Ambrose via Referee’s Decision (non-title)

Raw ended with a contract signing of Rollins/Lesnar for Royal Rumble where the Authority made it a triple threat match by adding Cena

Seems Raw really does need its one special ingredient to get ratings...

5engPPN.jpg

Mahonay

Banned
For 15 fucking years people have been complaining that RAWs ratings are dropping. Yet nothing ever changes.

Ratings mean nothing.
No nothing at all, I mean why would the network they're on care what ratings they get?

It means nothing to Vince who just does what he plans on regardless of ratings. But they still need people to watch their show to retain advertisers and TV time.

Recall

Every other post in 2003 and 2004 was how the ratings were low and this was the end, and then 2006 and 2007 still didn't kill WWE via bad ratings and the last 4 years haven't either.

The moment only 3000 people turn up to a 15,000 seated arena every RAW is when you can call the doomsday but until then give it a rest.

Mahonay

Banned
Every other post in 2003 and 2004 was how the ratings were low and this was the end, and then 2006 and 2007 still didn't kill WWE via bad ratings and the last 4 years haven't either.

The moment only 3000 people turn up to a 15,000 seated arena every RAW is when you can call the doomsday but until then give it a rest.
Not doomsday because WWE will never die, but we could see other repercussions, like we've seen already with things like no more special set designs for PPVs outside of WrestleMania.

somedevil

was last year also competing with the game? and was brock on the show? or vince?

cause that looks like a massive drop.

I think problems are just lack of interest in the product and people watching the show through other ways like Hulu and youtube.

WWE basically gives you the whole show in clip version on youtube. Roman title win got 9.4 million views and his match with Vince as the ref got 4.9 million views.

The clips for Mondays show the top 2 clips is Brock showing up at the end and Kalisto title win.

Aiii

So not worth it
The only thing WWE really needs is new leadership. The current creative and booking is terrible and nothing ever changes.

Maybe next year around spring, when their current TV deal is up and the shareholders start noticing.

Kaladin

Kalisto being the United States Champion is the most interesting thing they have done on the main roster since Kevin Owens debut.

Recall

Not doomsday because WWE will never die, but we could see other repercussions, like we've seen already with things like no more special set designs for PPVs outside of WrestleMania.

No sets is because Kevin Dunn is a fool.

I'm still surprised people tune in at all, those are the real fools. Conned into wasting their hours watching utter garbage. The ratings show there are stil plenty of gullible people out there.

Unless you work for the WWE you have no idea what is considered good or bad by the network RAW is on. You can certainly assume, and guess but we will never know for sure.

Mahonay

Banned
I think problems are just lack of interest in the product and people watching the show through other ways like Hulu and youtube.

WWE basically gives you the whole show in clip version. Roman title win got 9.4 million views and his match with Vince as the ref got 4.9 million views.

The clips for Mondays show the top 2 clips is Brock showing up at the end and Kalisto title win.
People wouldn't opt to watch RAW in clip form if had at least 1 or 2 hours of engaging television within it's 3 hours of air time. Right now it's about 15-30 minutes that are actually worth a damn. That's a problem.
No sets is because Kevin Dunn is a fool.

I'm still surprised people tune in at all, those are the real fools. Conned into wasting their hours watching utter garbage. The ratings show there are stil plenty of gullible people out there.

Unless you work for the WWE you have no idea what is considered good or bad by the network RAW is on. You can certainly assume, and guess but we will never know for sure.
I can't fathom how people watch it live right now either. Most of it directly insults your intelligence as a viewer and a fan.

WWE are fucked on their next TV deal, but I think the hope was always to get the Network globally entrenched enough that they would eventually be making enough from it to be able to bear the likely smaller deal they would get next time.

Plus, considering most advertisers don't want to be associated with wrestling, I'd say they have bigger image problems than too low ratings.

Sephzilla

I have a feeling there are going to be a few changes happening around the time WWE's current TV contract is up. The three hour block will almost certainly be axed. Low ratings are going to only hurt WWE's case to get a better TV deal. Dunn's time is probably up once the next TV deal happens, barring any huge jump in ratings beyond the normal WrestleMania surge.

Mahonay

Banned
I have a feeling there are going to be a few changes happening around the time WWE's current TV contract is up. The three hour block will almost certainly be axed. Low ratings are going to only hurt WWE's case to get a better TV deal. Dunn's time is probably up once the next TV deal happens, barring any huge jump in ratings beyond the normal WrestleMania surge.
Dunn is there as long as Vince is there.

WWE are fucked on their next TV deal, but I think the hope was always to get the Network globally entrenched enough that they would eventually be making enough from it to be able to bear the likely smaller deal they would get next time.

Plus, considering most advertisers don't want to be associated with wrestling, I'd say they have bigger image problems than too low ratings.
I doubt they are, they make USA look like gods.

somedevil

Two things. Ratings and Viewership is down but they are still very high on Cable on Monday only getting beaten by sports and love and hip hop when it comes to the important 18-49 viewership.

Also, the funny thing is with the ratings down they got the ESPN segment. Also, thanks to USA they got 37 new advertisers for the show. They actually got Coke to back the Slammy's.

That rumor is literally just based off a tweet he wrote about being frustrated. Which is more likely about his injury.

Actually I'm referring to a podcast where both MVP and his co-host apparently mentioned hearing that Hideo wants to return back to Japan.

Hopefully you're right though.

WWE basically gives you the whole show in clip version on youtube. Roman title win got 9.4 million views and his match with Vince as the ref got 4.9 million views.

Best way to watch WWE TV, I really enjoy it.

notworksafe

Coke is a pretty big sponsor. If they can continue to get deals with sponsors on that level I think they will be fine.

Sephzilla

Two things. Ratings and Viewership is down but they are still very high on Cable on Monday only getting beaten by sports and love and hip hop when it comes to the important 18-49 viewership.

Also, the funny thing is with the ratings down they got the ESPN segment. Also, thanks to USA they got 37 new advertisers for the show. They actually got Coke to back the Slammy's.

Coke is a pretty big sponsor. If they can continue to get deals with sponsors on that level I think they will be fine.

That's WWE basically piggybacking off of broad NBC sponsorship deals though, isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom