• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaladin

Dirt sheets are going to get it wrong sometimes, it is what happens when you try to report on a carnie as fuck industry using sources inside the business that might or might not be reliable.

Mahonay

Banned
Dirt sheets are going to get it wrong sometimes, it is what happens when you try to report on a carnie as fuck industry using sources inside the business that might or might not be reliable.
This.

Everyone trying to work each other at the same time.

Recall

Guessing has the same results.

I predict the title will change hands...soon...maybe.

That will be $10 please.

kirblar

Yup.

It's also much more fun when they're wrong and are getting played (Cena in '08)

When they're right about Batista/Roman being pencilled in for a RR win a year in advance....

Aiii

So not worth it
None of these people are on TV, when WWE is desperate for healthy talent to fill five hours of TV on USA.

Yet Meltzer is wrong. Seems to me that WWE is trying to keep their huge amount of injuries a secret. It is not like there is a lawsuit right now against them for not taking that great care of their talent health-wise or anything.

Mahonay

Banned
None of these people are on TV, when WWE is desperate for healthy talent to fill five hours of TV on USA.

Yet Meltzer is wrong. Seems to me that WWE is trying to keep their huge amount of injuries a secret. It is not like there is a lawsuit right now against them for not taking that great care of their talent health-wise or anything.
They didn't want to say anything about Barrett either when it was pretty clear he was not working due to minor injury.

Your theory seems most likely.

Kaladin

Come on guys, we all know Sasha isn't wrestling because WWE can only have 2 divas wrestling on the main roster at one time. They're really running with that formula since the divas faction warfare failed.

Ithil

Come on guys, we all know Sasha isn't wrestling because WWE can only have 2 divas wrestling on the main roster at one time. They're really running with that formula since the divas faction warfare failed.

That's fine for TV, but she's not wrestling on house shows either.

God forbid they have more than one guy who can appeal to the Asian demographic.

See also: WWE's stance on having only one guy who can appeal to the Hispanic/Latino demographic and only one guy as the star of the company.

Spot on. But I can honestly see them treating Itami/Nakamura like they did Mysterio/Eddie. Itami and Nakamura really aren't that similar besides them being Japanese.

somedevil

The lawsuit is about concussion and not regular injuries. Plus this whole thing with wrestling companies not talking about injuries or lying about them is nothing new. Hell Hulk Hogan burnt a observer on tv about a report of an injury on the Macho Man.

The lawsuit is about concussion and not regular injuries. Plus this whole thing with wrestling companies not talking about injuries or lying about them is nothing new. Hell Hulk Hogan burnt a observer on tv about a report of an injury on the Macho Man.
2 pages ago brother, screw the internet! Maybe someone knew something we didn't 😮

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
As a company, it's important to give off the appearance of everything being fine. It would be stupid for any company to say "We've sure got problems with our staff!" Pretend everything is fine and people step up, and move forward. It's simple.

kirblar

Is there anyone else on the men's side who are ready to go from NXT? Sami, Enzo/Cass (& Carmella), Balor, and the NJPW guys are clearly all coming soon, but it feels like they need a lot more than that to shore up the roster issues.

Mahonay

Banned
As a company, it's important to give off the appearance of everything being fine. It would be stupid for any company to say "We've sure got problems with our staff!" Pretend everything is fine and people step up, and move forward. It's simple.
Talent lashing out at Meltzer isn't helping them appear fine.

dream

I think being skeptical of Dave Meltzer's reportage just shows that you're the markiest of marks. You are literally saying "I choose to willfully deny the most credible voice in pro wrestling because a pro wrestler told me to believe him or her instead." Utter mark shit.

The quality of the vid was bad. I couldn't make out if it was Observer, or a white rolled up paper?

Ithil

The hilarious part being that Macho really was injured.

dream

Is it lonely when most of the people in the thread have you on ignore?

Are we still resorting to personal attacks when someone has an opinion that differs from our own? Is this the point where we dogpile Data West and call him a "gimmick poster" because he finds a gimmick lame?

Recall

I think being skeptical of Dave Meltzer's reportage just shows that you're the markiest of marks. You are literally saying "I choose to willfully deny the most credible voice in pro wrestling because a pro wrestler told me to believe him or her instead." Utter mark shit.

So what you're telling me it's better to believe someone who is telling you they know the real deal even though you have no idea if he really does?

Also there is nothing wrong with being a mark. You watch wrestling. You are a mark. Deal with it.

Good for you old man. But the thing is, I'm the best thing here and I don't have to put anyone over. Because Mr. Blue lays down for nobody!

... and that's the problem with you new guys; you all think about yourself. You come in here and post your 240 character twitter one liners that don't connect with the crowd, don't push the angles with other posts and don't get anyone talking. You're all concerned about your own followers and likes, you can't spare a moment to help draw in new fans for WrassleGAF. You're all thinking about hashtags over views and replies. You'll be the death of this community.

I sit here today and think about the 'old men' who made WrassleGAF, the legends even before my time - Professor Beef, dream, heel, and friends - who were WrassleGAF before WrassleGAF was mainstream. The pioneers of our Sports Entertainment Community who helped propel us into the new age - Sunflower, bootaaay, Data West, jaekwon, tm24 and friends. They all knew one thing... how to make it interesting for all. A variety of posting styles and abilities that complimented each other, that worked together. None of this cookie cutter crap we're plagued with today. Guys could talk back then, all we get now is the same discussion over and over again that's only being listened to by the person talking.

You're all still rookies trying to live up to standards created by true legends.

Meltzer has been doing this long enough, has gotten enough recognition for it, and knows more about wrestling history than anyone else I've ever heard of. I'm willing to forgive slip ups.

Team Meltz

Kaladin

... and that's the problem with you new guys; you all think about yourself. You come in here and post your 240 character twitter one liners that don't connect with the crowd, don't push the angles with other posts and don't get anyone talking. You're all concerned about your own followers and likes, you can't spare a moment to help draw in new fans for WrassleGAF. You're all thinking about hashtags over views and replies. You'll be the death of this community.

I sit here today and think about the 'old men' who made WrassleGAF, the legends even before my time - Professor Beef, dream, heel, and friends - who were WrassleGAF before WrassleGAF was mainstream. The pioneers of our Sports Entertainment Community who helped propel us into the new age - Sunflower, bootaaay, Data West, jaekwon, tm24 and friends. They all knew one thing... how to make it interesting for all. A variety of posting styles and abilities that complimented each other, that worked together. None of this cookie cutter crap we're plagued with today. Guys could talk back then, all we get now is the same discussion over and over again that's only being listened to by the person talking.

You're all still rookies trying to live up to standards created by true legends.

Did you just work yourself into a shoot?

dream

So what you're telling me it's better to believe someone who is telling you they know the real deal even though you have no idea if he really does?

Also there is nothing wrong with being a mark. You watch wrestling. You are a mark. Deal with it.

Yes. Meltzer's business hinges on his credibility. His decades-old newsletter is predicated on reporting on stories that nobody else can tell. How do you not see the distinction?

Recall

Meltzer has been doing this long enough, has gotten enough recognition for it, and knows more about wrestling history than anyone else I've ever heard of. I'm willing to forgive slip ups.

Team Meltz

If I talk shit for 25 years does that mean I'm the most trust worthy person when it comes to shit talking?

Meltzer generates his own website clicks etc as best as he can, if that means lying from time to time to generate your own press then so be it.

Mahonay

Banned
If I talk shit for 25 years does that mean I'm the most trust worthy person when it comes to shit talking?

Meltzer generates his own website clicks etc as best as he can, if that means lying from time to time to generate your own press then so be it.
You really think Meltzer's reporting is on the same level as all these carny fucking wrestlers turning a shoot into work?

Aiii

So not worth it

Meltzer notoriously refuses to report anything that isn't at least confirmed by two completely different and credible sources. Which is why he will often tell his co-host that he won't confirm or deny something, but he will tell him off the air.

Most of the false rumors that go around come from WrestleZone, PWI or the copy/paste dirtsheets.

Ithil

What benefit does making up that Sasha is injured serve him? It's not headline news, it's a footnote at best.

It's just skepticism for the sake of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom