• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
dun dun dun

another one bites the dust

Paige recently spoke with channelguidemag.com, and revealed that she has been out of action due to suffering a “slight concussion.” She explains…

“I hope to get back in the ring soon. It’s just a slight concussion. No big deal. Not a crazy one, but WWE is obviously very protective of their talent. I’m like, I’m fine, I promise.’ They’re like, ‘No, we have to make sure you are 100 percent.’ They are like parents.”

Like parents? Like her mom, that wrestled while she was pregnant? WWE treats their kids better than that.

Recall

So the last 2 Royal Rumble matches have been the worst 2 the WWE has ever presented. I'm going out on a limb here but I think they will go for the trifecta. A third poorly booked, paced and worked Rumble.

It's going to be utter shite isn't it?

I'm more concerned about the WrassleGAF thread ratings, they're down down down. Whenever I tune in it's the same old stuff too from the same old posters. When are the development people from OT making their debut?

Sephzilla

So the last 2 Royal Rumble matches have been the worst 2 the WWE has ever presented. I'm going out on a limb here but I think they will go for the trifecta. A third poorly booked, paced and worked Rumble.

Probably. I'm still clinging to the faint hope that WWE might do something cool though

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm more concerned about the WrassleGAF thread ratings, they're down down down. Whenever I tune in it's the same old stuff too from the same old posters. When are the development people from OT making their debut?

I don't like posting as much as I used to. Honest to god, the people calling opinions gimmick posts really turn me off.

Aiii

So not worth it
It gave us that good segment with Vince and Heyman.

Only the follow it up with Stephanie putting Heyman back in his place and making sure we know who's the real boss of WWE.

Sephzilla

I don't like posting as much as I used to. Honest to god, the people calling opinions gimmick posts really turn me off.

When you start saying Finn Balor is 2 feet 2 inches tall as your justification for why he couldn't wrestle someone you're going to get that kind of response, especially when your name and avatar are Vince McMahon.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
When you start saying Finn Balor is 2 feet 2 inches tall as your justification for why he couldn't wrestle someone you're going to get that kind of response, especially when your name and avatar are Vince McMahon.

See?

imBask

Banned

we all know the real reason he won't make it is because he's going to be A DEMON MAGGLE HAHAHA HE'S A LUNATIC DEMON! WOW WHAT A MOVE BY THE DEMON!

Lots of white people but only one asain allowed at a time?

Racist. Then, now, forever.

That would be my assumption, yes. If Kenta were a younger guy, I could see the argument they're playing the long game with him, but he's got a fair number of miles on him, himself. Nak is a better, more charismatic and marketable star, taller and reportedly better with his English.

Kuroyume

Banned
FrighteningDapperIchidna.gif

Ibushi is awesome

yoshihikoibushiktqdr.gif

Anth0ny

Honestly, if they give Nakamura a decent push, I'd say Itami's fucked, because from WWE's perspective, the two likely overlap in the demographics they target quite a bit.

jkVroaj.jpg

I mean, the last two years were literally the worst case scenario.

This year, that would mean Reigns winning. so we'll see.

Even worse would be to bring back Bryan only for him to lose. In that scenario, ANYONE winning other than him would be a disaster, even Brock or HHH.

Recall

Have we reached 2003 levels of shitty RAW? Has HHH put Spike Dudley in his new finishing move for 8 minutes straight recently, the dreaded 2003 sleeper hold of doom

HHH bloated as ever and what move did he try and get over as a new finish? A damn sleeper hold. A sleeper in 2003. It surprisingly and shockingly never quite caught on.

imBask

Banned
jkVroaj.jpg

I mean, the last two years were literally the worst case scenario.

This year, that would mean Reigns winning. so we'll see.

Even worse would be to bring back Bryan only for him to lose. In that scenario, ANYONE winning other than him would be a disaster, even Brock or HHH.

I think Vince considers "a person" by his height, and those 2 combined pretty much only equated to 1 fairly tall person

Sephzilla

Have we reached 2003 levels of shitty RAW? Has HHH put Spike Dudley in his new finishing move for 8 minutes straight recently, the dreaded 2003 sleeper hold of doom

HHH bloated as ever and what move did he try and get over as a new finish? A damn sleeper hold. A sleeper in 2003. It surprisingly and shockingly never quite caught on.

2003 HHH reign of terror feels fun compared to this

Hey, Ziggler tried to get a sleeper over in 2010

somedevil

That's the definition of a pure rumor.

Here what was said:

At one point, MVP mentioned that he has heard rumors of KENTA (Hideo Itami) wanting to go back to Japan. MVP made it clear that he wasn’t sure if there was anything to these rumors, but his co-host and former WWE creative team member Alex Greenfield said that he has heard the rumors as well.

I bet its just frustration on his end. It seems the shoulder recovery is going slow and what was going to happen before the injury. It seemed they were going to give him the win in the three way and give him the title in that special.

Now his shoulder recovery is going slow, he lost out at the title and these big signing are now all coming in. I bet he is frustrated right now.

Mahonay

Banned
Here what was said:

I bet its just frustration on his end. It seems the shoulder recovery is going slow and what was going to happen before the injury. It seemed they were going to give him the win in the three way and give him the title in that special.

Now his shoulder recovery is going slow, he lost out at the title and these big signing are now all coming in. I bet he is frustrated right now.
I mean I don't doubt for a second he's frustrated.

Here what was said:

Then he needs to come back and light a fire under everyone's ass. By the time he's ready Joe will be the champ then he can come in and get the title. Injuries happen and some wrestlers use it as a stepping stone.

Kaladin

I think it is interesting that people don't know whether to cheer or boo The New Day from one week to the next. There are crowds that want to like them despite the fact they are booked as heels. At the same time they're booked as heels, they're booked as a funny comedy act that could get very over with the younger crowd.

I think this is why we've had them against Jericho. Everyone likes Jericho and they're going to be heels in any segment against him.

Recall

I'm reading Bret's book as my wife got it for me for Christmas and I'm only 95 pages in but several things have stood out.

Booking the same thing week in and week out was a no a no and Bret and Keith made sure to keep a notepad of every booking choice during their Stampede tenure to ensure they never repeated a thing. And Bret loves to recount the about of times he had gay encounters, 95 pages in and we've had 3 attempts of men trying to get into his pants.

I guess no one bought Vince a notepad for Christmas.

Honestly, if they give Nakamura a decent push, I'd say Itami's fucked, because from WWE's perspective, the two likely overlap in the demographics they target quite a bit.

God forbid they have more than one guy who can appeal to the Asian demographic.

See also: WWE's stance on having only one guy who can appeal to the Hispanic/Latino demographic and only one guy as the star of the company.

Recall

I think when Vince dies it will be Stephanie who will run the promotion in to the ground. Triple H will try and save it but she will divorce him and continue her path of destruction, which includes her getting a 12 month long world championship reign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom