• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the basic problem with NXT gimmick wrestlers is the gimmick isn't fully fleshed out. Sure, you have a great look, entrance and some characterizations but beyond that there is nothing for fans to latch on to. The NXT product lives and dies with what happens in the ring, and that's fine for the NXTZone, but outside of Orlando, it won't translate as well with larger crowds. It's why The Ascension failed.

Enzo and Cass on the other hand will be money when they go to the main roster because they have the crowd interaction that is such a hit with the audience in general.
This isn't untrue, but it's not like the main roster has much in the way of fleshed out characters. I'd argue that in comparison, NXT gimmicks are explored more than they are in the main roster. of course, once they get promoted, main roster booking ensures that fans won't have much to latch on to anyway. But yeah the Vaudevillains aren't really dimensional even for NXT, I'm just into them

and Ascension isn't a great example because they kinda always sucked and got called up because you might as well use these guys you've already had signed for years

Kaladin

Ascension was a bad example, but they were the best I could come up with as a team with a gimmick and nothing else behind them.

Ascension was a bad example, but they were the best I could come up with as a team with a gimmick and nothing else behind them.
Once they have them the Road Warriors knock off, they screwed up. Then they just caned them, jobbed them out, and left them with no hope. I feel sorry for them because it's never too bad to have good tag teams around.

Ithil

The Ascension didn't work in NXT either. They were tag champs for a year and no one cared. They were so boring doing their squash matches for months that the crowd had to invent entertainment by doing Konnor's "Yah" sound with him.

Kaladin

The Ascension didn't work in NXT either. They were tag champs for a year and no one cared. They were so boring doing their squash matches for months that the crowd had to invent entertainment by doing Konnor's "Yah" sound with him.

I miss the Yah chant.

I fucking love kayfabe news.

Aj-nakamura.jpg

JavyOO7

Question for everone:

If you could undo ONE decision of a match and have the reverse winner, which match would you reverse?

Ambrose vs Rollins in Elimination Chamber last year really should had ended up how it did without the dusty finish... and even as of right now Ambrose should still be champ on his first reign and the entire direction of the company should have changed and went towards him.

Sami Zayn vs Tye Dillinger the week after Takeover London... should have had Tye DIllinger win. Sami looked sloppy. Dillinger made him look great. If you had Dillinger win you could set up a nice story line with the two furthering Dillinger's character. He's too good to be a jobber to everyone.

Kaladin

Tye Dillinger is an odd case. It feels like he's on the cusp of finally getting a push on NXT, but he stops short at being a jobber with a gimmick the fans are into. He's kind of the male blue pants.

Sheentak

My theory on Sasha is wwe are holding off on her until after the Rumble so she can comeback as a face to fight Charlotte at Mania. Or maybe shes hurt by the chicken nugget indecent.

Ambrose vs Rollins in Elimination Chamber last year really should had ended up how it did without the dusty finish... and even as of right now Ambrose should still be champ on his first reign and the entire direction of the company should have changed and went towards him.

Sami Zayn vs Tye Dillinger the week after Takeover London... should have had Tye DIllinger win. Sami looked sloppy. Dillinger made him look great. If you had Dillinger win you could set up a nice story line with the two furthering Dillinger's character. He's too good to be a jobber to everyone.
You know, 6 years ago, I think Ambrose would've kept it. Now they want longer reigns to bring prestige(with the exception of Sheamus since he was just Backlund anyway);Anywho, Dean was red hot and it would've been great to capitalize on that moment. Now look at home, while he's more over than Roman that magic has disappeared.

Mahonay

Banned
My theory on Sasha is wwe are holding off on her until after the Rumble so she can comeback as a face to fight Charlotte at Mania. Or maybe shes hurt by the chicken nugget indecent.
That would be dumb as fuck. Holding people off for the Rumble only makes sense if you're in the Rumble.

She's injured in some way.

Question for everone:

If you could undo ONE decision of a match and have the reverse winner, which match would you reverse?

WWF No Mercy 2001. I would have had Rob Van Dam win the WWF Title in the Triple Threat against Stone Cold Steve Austin and Kurt Angle. RVD was on fucking fire and was totally on another level above that Alliance horse shit. They should have just thrown the title on him if they were going to shitcan the Alliance stuff they next month.

At the very least, he should have beat HHH for the World Heavyweight Title at Unforgiven 2002. That loss to HHH totally ruined him for the rest of his run.

Jerm411

Found out by accident that I have Pop TV and flipped it over on Impact for a min...holy Christ, there's like 150 people in attendance? This being filmed in a HyVee?

Finishing up the Buff Bagwell episode of the Stone Cold podcast. Steve asked him what he is doing insurance wise to deal with all of these injuries and surgeries that he is having. Buff explained that his wife has a "shoot job" and "shoot insurance". I love wrestlers.

KissVibes

Banned
Okay, so for real, did he shit on that dudes face for real or was it like pudding?

Finishing up the Buff Bagwell episode of the Stone Cold podcast. Steve asked him what he is doing insurance wise to deal with all of these injuries and surgeries that he is having. Buff explained that his wife has a "shoot job" and "shoot insurance". I love wrestlers.

Buff Bagwell continues to be tied with Virgil for worst wrestler of all time.

Entropia

No One Remembers

WTF?

somedevil

Smackdown Spoiler:

The curse of the 50/50 booking strikes again:

* Kalisto vs. Alberto Del Rio for the US title is next. Wade Barrett comes and joins Del Rio at ringside. Del Rio submits Kalisto to become new United States Champion, thanks to an assist from Barrett.

Why? The final match will likely be at the Rumble but there way betters ways to book this then
playing hot potato with the title.

Smackdown Spoiler:

The curse of the 50/50 booking strikes again:

Why? The final match will likely be at the Rumble but there way betters ways to book this then
playing hot potato with the title.

"Vince, this guy is getting over, do we want him over?"

"Who the hell is that? And why is he over? I don't want people cheering for him! Fix this!"

They can't help but get in their own way when it comes to getting new guys over.

somedevil

"Vince, this guy is getting over, do we want him over?"

"Who the hell is that? And why is he over? I don't want people cheering for him! Fix this!"

They can't help but get in their own way when it comes to getting new guys over.

Yep, my guess is that
Sin Cara comes back to help Kalisto get the title back
but in the end they should of done an angle instead of the match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom