• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mengetsu

p3ZX5D8.jpg

... and that's the problem with you new guys; you all think about yourself. You come in here and post your 240 character twitter one liners that don't connect with the crowd, don't push the angles with other posts and don't get anyone talking. You're all concerned about your own followers and likes, you can't spare a moment to help draw in new fans for WrassleGAF. You're all thinking about hashtags over views and replies. You'll be the death of this community.

I sit here today and think about the 'old men' who made WrassleGAF, the legends even before my time - Professor Beef, dream, heel, and friends - who were WrassleGAF before WrassleGAF was mainstream. The pioneers of our Sports Entertainment Community who helped propel us into the new age - Sunflower, bootaaay, Data West, jaekwon, tm24 and friends. They all knew one thing... how to make it interesting for all. A variety of posting styles and abilities that complimented each other, that worked together. None of this cookie cutter crap we're plagued with today. Guys could talk back then, all we get now is the same discussion over and over again that's only being listened to by the person talking.

You're all still rookies trying to live up to standards created by true legends.

Without the New Generation, there wouldn't have been an Attitude Era, brother. While on the subject, I hope your new generation is doing well and you and Mrs Luchador are through the sleepless night phase...

Aiii

So not worth it
Question for everone:

If you could undo ONE decision of a match and have the reverse winner, which match would you reverse?

Oh, I missed this, great question.

No doubt I'd reverse Nash vs. Goldberg at Starrcade 1999. I'm not delusional enough that just the one match being changed could have changed history and save WCW, but it certainly wouldn't have killed it as quickly. If this loss never happened, Goldberg wouldn't have been killed death and the fingerpoke of doom wouldn't have happened either.

kiguel182

50/50 booking makes everyone a midcarder. It's amazing they can't see it.

Why not do angles to prolong the feuds instead? And build on top of that instead of meaningless 50/50 matches.

KingBroly

Banned
*Reads Smackdown spoiler

You have got.to be.fucking.kidding.me. SERIOUSLY!?
I heard WWE loved Kalisto and were looking to make him a big star...and now this? Fucking hell.

Aiii

So not worth it
Are we even spoilertagging for anyone's benefit?

I mean, 95% of us probably don't even watch Smackdown and the 5% that do read the spoilers anyways, right?

Are we even spoilertagging for anyone's benefit?

I mean, 95% of us probably don't even watch Smackdown and the 5% that do read the spoilers anyways, right?

That sounds about right. I watched Smackdown for the first time in months last week just out of curiosity of hearing how Mauro Ranallo did. I wonder how long it'll be until Vince's hand is firmly up his ass like it is 99% of the time with Cole.

orioto

Good Art™
So i guess after a last man standing there is no way they enter the RR right ? I guess you need matches before it but it's always a little weird to not have you two current biggest midcarder in a rumble where everything can happen.

Aiii

So not worth it
They'll be in the Rumble, though I'd say its better to keep Owens out if he isn't winning anyways. Anyways, put them in for 10 minutes and then you're good.

miserable

Oh, I missed this, great question.

No doubt I'd reverse Nash vs. Goldberg at Starrcade 1999. I'm not delusional enough that just the one match being changed could have changed history and save WCW, but it certainly wouldn't have killed it as quickly. If this loss never happened, Goldberg wouldn't have been killed death and the fingerpoke of doom wouldn't have happened either.

Goldberg killed Goldberg when he had the brilliant idea to punch that car window

*Reads Smackdown spoiler

You have got.to be.fucking.kidding.me. SERIOUSLY!?
I heard WWE loved Kalisto and were looking to make him a big star...and now this? Fucking hell.

It works if a legit feud comes out of it that builds to Mania but I doubt WWE will make it happen/work.

KingBroly

Banned
So i guess after a last man standing there is no way they enter the RR right ? I guess you need matches before it but it's always a little weird to not have you two current biggest midcarder in a rumble where everything can happen.

It protects them from being jobbed out to Reigns.

Since Reigns is the Champion, I'm guessing he'll enter at number 1 and the higher up people are on the card (In WWE's mind) the later they'll come out to make it harder and harder for him.

If Reigns wins though...

kiguel182

It works if a legit feud comes out of it that builds to Mania but I doubt WWE will make it happen/work.

But why build a feud on just matches? They do it all the time.

The idea is to build up to a match. If we see them wrestle each other every week than there's nothing else to see. No escalation.

Lupercal

Banned
It protects them from being jobbed out to Reigns.

Since Reigns is the Champion, I'm guessing he'll enter at number 1 and the higher up people are on the card (In WWE's mind) the later they'll come out to make it harder and harder for him.

If Reigns wins though...

Reigns wins RR, retains title. Has A Night With Reigns at Mania, jams along with Rock for 30 mins.

Aiii

So not worth it

They didn't need to have Del Rio win the belt back so soon. They didn't have to make Kalisto's win a fluke. All of that is detrimental to whatever conclusion this feud has. Literally everyone loses.

They had Kalisto win on Smackdown last week, they should have kept the two wrestlers away from each other and build to a match at their Pay-Per-View Event (that as of today has the Rumble match and one other match booked).

But hey, I'm just a smark and JBL would tell me I don't know what I'm talking about anyways.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The only person who doesn't get 50/50 booking is Reigns, although I'm expecting Owens is gonna lose the feud with Ambrose.

Entropia

No One Remembers
LOL @ that Smackdown spoiler, jesus christ.

Ambrose vs. Owens in a last man standing match sounds pretty bad ass

kiguel182

They didn't need to have Del Rio win the belt back so soon. They didn't have to make Kalisto's win a fluke. All of that is detrimental to whatever conclusion this feud has. Literally everyone loses.

They had Kalisto win on Smackdown last week, they should have kept the two wrestlers away from each other and build to a match at their Pay-Per-View Event (that as of today has the Rumble match and one other match booked).

But hey, I'm just a smark and JBL would tell me I don't know what I'm talking about anyways.

Spot on.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Lots of people freshly upset about Gone Home, I guess because it released on PS4? Consoleros. Gone Home is a treasure.

Xater

Lots of people freshly upset about Gone Home, I guess because it released on PS4? Consoleros. Gone Home is a treasure.

I didn't care for it back then and thought it was too expensive for what it was. I am also not into all these narrative first games. I enjoy me a good narrative but I need interesting game systems to keep me engaged.

Speaking of AIRQUOTES games AIRQUOTES

Got round to playing Dr. Langeskov, The Tiger and The Terribly Cursed Emerald: A Whirlwind Heist yesterday, real spoilers follow:

I'm so so so glad I didn't have it spoiled for me that it's a "game". Every comment I'd seen had been mentioning grappling hooks, so I was expecting a "real game" going in. Right to the end I was expecting the real game to begin.
Wonderful thing, short, sweet, and worthy of the creators pedigree.

Mahonay

Banned
Like, do they have anyone doing semi-long term booking outside of the storyline for Roman Reigns? The rest of the roster doesn't even feel like it's being booked by a human being. Some kind of machine that just spits out entirely 50/50 scenarios.

Wednesday night wrestling features NXT's return.

NXT
Tommaso Ciampa vs. Danny Burch
Scott Dawson and Dash Wilder vs. The Ascension
"The Drifter" Elias Samson vs. Corey Hollis
Women's #1 Contender's Battle Royal

ROH
Roppongi Vice (Rocky Romero and Trent Beretta) vs. The All Night Express (Kenny King and Rhett Titus)
War Machine (Raymond Rowe and Hanson) vs. The House of Truth (Joey Daddiego and Donovan Dijak)
Dalton Castle vs. Moose vs. Matt Sydal vs. Jay Briscoe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom