• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are chanting for Marty Janetty.

Wow

Also Sherri

j.gif

Pikma

Banned
People complained about the
lack of title changes
on SD, they're just giving them what they asked for. :lol

I'm ready for them to introduce A.J. Styles as Joey Styles' annoying little brother who just runs around screaming OH MY GOD at people while doing ECW spots.
I'd leave gaf if they did this shit. Just so I can focus on laughing.

And the SD spoiler

I was certain they would do this which is why I said wow when they let Kalisto win last night. Finally match will be at RR

Foffy

Banned
Smackdown Spoiler:

The curse of the 50/50 booking strikes again:

Why? The final match will likely be at the Rumble but there way betters ways to book this then
playing hot potato with the title.

Didn't people in this very thread
say it was great WWE was actually pushing someone who naturally got over?

LOL

Did Kolisto fail a drug test Tuesday morning or something?

He's not as tall as Del Rio, and there can only be one Latino wrestler pushed any one time.

Also, if you want to ask about failing a Wellness test, don't look at Alberto. That dude is so gimmicked his gym bag can hold a WM 17 Gimmick Battle Royale.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They really should have just done the first title change on Smackdown and the rematch at the Rumble. All of John Cena's work to fix the title and they try pissing it away like this.

JR comments on Brock Lesnar & Roman Reigns’ roles on RAW:

JR comments on Brock Lesnar & Roman Reigns’ roles on RAW:

Wasn’t overly wild about the stipulation involving Roman Reigns on RAW but I can see the reasoning behind it. The execution of the physicality prior to Brock arriving on the scene was fair at best. I liked the facials of Reigns in the closing moments of the segment as he was very expressive in that area plus I enjoyed that Lesnar was made to look like the stud that he is in how the match/physicality went off the air.

Lesnar needed to make an impact on this RAW as I pointed out Monday in that blog here on the site. Lesnar is the biggest, healthy star left in WWE and will likely never be the red hot, traditional heel that he once was years ago. Lesnar is a ‘face who the fans both are in awe of and respect wholeheartedly. BTW….what happens if Lesnar faces Reigns for the WWE Title at Wrestlemania Texas and Reigns turns, aligns with the Authority and cheats to beat Lesnar in AT&T Stadium? Just saying…

I just don't know how they let this man go. He's so smart and he's what they're missing. But at the same time, they don't deserve him. He was nothing but loyal and they fucked him over time after time.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This Dragon Quest conference is what I might imagine the video game equivalent of a Sheamus press conference would be like

Man God

Non-Canon Member
This Dragon Quest conference is what I might imagine the video game equivalent of a Sheamus press conference would be like

SE has achieved the final form of announcement of an announcement by spending over an hour doing just that.

Five games in the next five months? Show the trailers, some of which are six months old, and if you don't have the trailers tell them to read Shonen Jump! Also promote your real ride and museum tours for five times longer than the games you refuse to cover, all the while announcing events that will supposedly reveal more information.

Aiii

So not worth it
The underdog role works.
It worked with Rey, and it will get Kallisto over even more.
Not sure why people are being salty about it.
Do people expect Kallisto to dominate Del Rio or something? Seriously?
Someone that they can slot into the WWE title scene if they need to or anywhere else?

We should revisit this post now, I feel.

Aiii

So not worth it
Holy shit at that Smackdown spoiler, WWE is just fucking clueless.

That's the thing though, they're not clueless.

They put Smackdown on USA and they think this will make people watch their programs. This is their idea of clever booking.

They're just dumb, really.

That's the thing though, they're not clueless.

They put Smackdown on USA and they think this will make people watch their programs. This is their idea of clever booking.

They're just dumb, really.

I'll admit it, I'm a fucking sucker. Even though I hate Raw much more than I like it, I'll usually watch about 90% of them every year. With that said, you couldn't pay me to watch Smackdown. I have not watched Smackdown in at least 4-5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom