• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaladin

We are 3 weeks away from the return of the king.

CYVFiVdU0AEMWdD.jpg

Kaladin

If you want a cheaper way to stream Lucha Underground legit, I found that FUBO TV has El Rey on their service. They also have a DVR. I'm waiting to try it out till it's closer to the premier, but I'm hopeful.

There is however language that the DVR is just for soccer games. I hope this isn't the case and it's for any show on their service. It is only $9.99, half the price of Sling TV.

I would love to see TNAMecca get these ideas...

"think about it, why would WWE hire Nakamura when they already have Hideo Itami waiting to be called up? WWE doesn't tend to bring in too many Japanese wrestlers as they're unmarketable to their audience.
TNA meanwhile has always embraced all sorts of wrestlers over the years so its far more believable that they'd reach out to Nakamura and that the man himself would be inclined to not be trapped in NXT under the already established Itami. Plus if WWE had signed him they'd have confirmed it by now so Triple H could look all smug for the smarks.
The writing is on the wall, Nakamura is actually heading to TNA and will usher in a new era that will see the company only grow stronger"

/TNAMecaa

Ithil

"think about it, why would WWE hire Nakamura when they already have Hideo Itami waiting to be called up? WWE doesn't tend to bring in too many Japanese wrestlers as they're unmarketable to their audience.
TNA meanwhile has always embraced all sorts of wrestlers over the years so its far more believable that they'd reach out to Nakamura and that the man himself would be inclined to not be trapped in NXT under the already established Itami. Plus if WWE had signed him they'd have confirmed it by now so Triple H could look all smug for the smarks.
The writing is on the wall, Nakamura is actually heading to TNA and will usher in a new era that will see the company only grow stronger"

/TNAMecaa

mayorimagination.jpg

Imagi-naaaaaaaaaa-tion!

Xater

/TNAMecaa

I think you are missing the desperate crazyness in there.

Xater

WrassleGAF is #shootstyle now? We gonna discuss some UWFi and RINGS? Skip RAW for some BattlARTS? All start rocking Volk Han avatars?

Can you explain to me what shoot style is? I have been looking at wXw's Ambition events for a while now and have been wondering what it is exactly and if I should go.

WrassleGAF is #shootstyle now? We gonna discuss some UWFi and RINGS? Skip RAW for some BattlARTS? All start rocking Volk Han avatars?

I would approve of this change in focus. Let's get some UWFi, Rings, BattlArts, and PWFG in here with some Volk Han, Tsuyoshi Kohsaka, Tamura, Gary Albright and Dan Severan matches.

For the joshi fans, we can even get some ARSION in here, assuming any of that footage is around in an accessible form. Get some Mariko Yoshida vs. Yumi Fukawa in your life, friends.

We can argue about Nobuhiko Takada like we argue about Roman Reigns.

i need some events, shoot wrestling is a foreign and new concept to me

would prefer to watch in show order as opposed to random matches here and there

bring it on, nerds

Can you explain to me what shoot style is? I have been looking at wXw's Ambition events for a while now and have been wondering what it is exactly and if I should go.

i need some events, shoot wrestling is a foreign and new concept to me

bring it on, nerds

You know the grapple fuck style that's Evolve's calling card these days? Imagine that spirit, but executed 100 times better. That's Japanese shoot style. Volk Han and Yoshiaki Fujiwara are your standard bearers, but Kohsaka, Yamamoto, and Tamura are right behind them.

Please accept this Volk Han vs. Kiyoshi Tamura match from RINGS as a sample.

The matches don't really seem to be archived, so you're stuck with accepting any matches from RINGS or BattlArts that you can find unless you get into tape trading.

It's not a style you can watch a lot of in any one sitting, and it demands attention because the quality is in the grappling details.

There's a Daisuke Ikeda vs. Yuki Ishikawa BattlArts from 4/24/05 that's supposed to be really good, but I haven't been able to track it down.

This Akira Maeda vs. Nobuhiko Takada match in UWF from November 10, 1988 was voted the #1 match on DVDVR's 1980s Other Japan set, so it's worth watching. The Masakatsu Funaki vs. Bob Backlund match in UWFi from May 21, 1989 is also interesting because Backlund approaches it as a work, get stiffed, gets pissed, and then they stiff the fuck out of each other. It's a side of Backlund you probably haven't seen.

Kaladin

It's happening.

Japanese star Shinsuke Nakamura, who was stripped earlier this week of the IWGP Intercontinental championship by New Japan Pro Wrestling, will be coming to the United States for several weeks in early February to spend time at the WWE Performance Center, PWInsider.com has exclusively confirmed with a source in Japan.

According to the source, Nakamura will be training at the WWE Performance Center in Winter Park, FL and will also undergo medical testing (I would assume in Pittsburgh, where such testing is usually done) that, if he passes it, would clear Nakamura to sign with WWE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom