• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

January Wrasslin' |OT| It's a New Year, Yes It Is!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we don't see Hunter before the Rumble, it's it safe to assume that he'll enter the Rumble and win it? I think that's what it is shaping up to be and reading a prediction from two former refs, they believe that the main event will be Roman and Hunter.

An interesting point they reality brought up is the fact that, if you put Roman against Lesnar again, the crowd is going to be for Lesnar. You want someone who the crowd will absolutely hate so they can cheer Roman and that man has to be Hunter.

imBask

Banned
HHH will try to cost Reigns the Rumble, The Rock will save him, Rock vs HHH at Mania as planned, Reigns wins and feuds with whoever the fuck because no one cares at that point

Sephzilla

HHH will try to cost Reigns the Rumble, The Rock will save him, Rock vs HHH at Mania as planned, Reigns wins and feuds with whoever the fuck because no one cares at that point

I actually think this is super likely.
But it should be Austin coming back to screw over HHH/Vince

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Do you think they'll end with Roman winning the Rumble again this year?

It would kill all the good will they've built up with his story since Survivor Series. He'd get boo'd out of the building again.

So it's in the cards. I'd believe it. Right now I think Hunter probably wins, though.

Maffew guessing around 700 attendance for the 5 Star Show. Arena capacity for gigs is 11,000.

Also, Lethal just lost by DQ to Mysterio, then unmasked him.

imBask

Banned
"there's no way Batista is winning the Rumble, too obvious and people don't want it, they're not that dumb"

"there's no way Reigns is winning the Rumble, too obvious and people don't want it, they're not that dumb"

"there's no way {Insert Name Here} is winning the Rumble, too obvious and people don't want it, they're not that dumb"

just fill in the blank space

Heroman

Banned
Man Roman is fucked any way they do, since he cant talk he will get out class by HHH or by paul on the mic and will look like a compete goober

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
"there's no way Batista is winning the Rumble, too obvious and people don't want it, they're not that dumb"

"there's no way Reigns is winning the Rumble, too obvious and people don't want it, they're not that dumb"

"there's no way {Insert Name Here} is winning the Rumble, too obvious and people don't want it, they're not that dumb"

But they did totally swerve everyone with Roman as recently as Money in the Bank. All the rumors leading up to it said Roman, all anybody thought was Roman, and fucking Sheamus climbs the ladder.

Vince does like to go against public sentiment on rare occasions. If all the talk is Roman retaining at the Rumble, I'd be inclined to think Brock or Triple H walk away with the title.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
lXOWmz3.gif

Edit: was this a 2015 gif? If so, it's a contender for gif of the year.

Nah this is from the 80 or early early 90s

Kaladin

Let's think about this for a second.

If Roman retains the belt, what then?

He just beat 29 other guys to retain it. How could they justify giving any one a shot at him after that?

Fast Lane would have to be another Elimination Chamber or something brutal to determine a #1 contender for Mania.

But even then it feels kind of pointless when you have a champ that has run through the entire roster in one go.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
At this point they might as well turn Reigns heel and try to convince Rock to face him at WM 32, and use Nakamura or someone else for Lesnar. I think Owens / Taker is definitely on the card (why else protect Owens so hard against Reigns) as well.

If the SD spoiler isn't enough to convince people that no, really, WWE is just in fact dumb, nothing can

Short hair is fine for Mr. McHelmsley.
Maybe once he's gets older and wrinkly and I can accept it but it's so weird
I've gotten used to short hair HHH.

I'm still not used to bald Kurt Angle 13 years later.
Whatttt? Angle with hair is so weird, he looks so dorky lol. With the bald head, he's more serious.

Triple H <Worked Shoot> "Daniel Bryan, we will clear you on one condition...."
He joins the authority?

korly

Just started watching Impact from last night, what exactly is going on with Jeff Hardys facepaint? Was he scratching too much?

Hex

Banned
Maybe once he's gets older and wrinkly and I can accept it but it's so weird
Whatttt? Angle with hair is so weird, he looks so dorky lol. With the bald head, he's more serious.

He joins the authority?

#30 at the Rumble friend.
Reigns is getting beat down, things are looking bad and the countdown hits.
The music hits and the crowd goes apeshit.
Roman is saved.
Bryan throws flying knees all over, Kicks all around, the ring is getting cleared and then Triple H is outside of the ring and Reigns is mouthing off to him, Trips is mouthing back and then comes the Bryan heel turn and over Reigns goes.
Book it.
Crowd loses their shit.

Kaladin

Signed for Ring of Honor Saturday January 23rd in Atlanta, GA:

ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
WAR MACHINE VS. KARL ANDERSON & DOC GALLOWS w/AMBER GALLOWS

They may be working the night before the Rumble in another promotion, but they are working awfully close to Orlando, FL.

Anth0ny

Triple h is going to win the rumble because a rumble win for reigns this year wouldn't be impressive. Been there, done that.

He's going for the big one this year, friends. HHH/Brock/Reigns at Mania, with ONE overcoming ALL.

Balee.

DAT.

Kaladin

Triple h is going to win the rumble because a rumble win for reigns this year wouldn't be impressive. Been there, done that.

He's going for the big one this year, friends. HHH/Brock/Reigns at Mania, with ONE overcoming ALL.

Balee.

DAT.

Honestly, that's not a bad prediction for a Mania main event.

UberTag

<yawn> Call me when Roman feuds with Dwayne. I have no interest in either of these matches.

At this point they might as well turn Reigns heel and try to convince Rock to face him at WM 32, and use Nakamura or someone else for Lesnar. I think Owens / Taker is definitely on the card (why else protect Owens so hard against Reigns) as well.
That's a very good guess. They're doing the exact same nonsense with Owens that they did last year with Bray.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom